5K Skill Buff Weekend!

One time I've got a skill boost and while it was active I've got another skill boost for the same profession which cancelled the first skill boost (even though the first one was 107% and replaced by 6%). Makes sense, doesn't it?
And this was not during any kind of skill boost "event".

How weird, I just got a skill boost :laugh:

One time I've got a skill boost and while it was active I've got another skill boost for the same profession which cancelled the first skill boost (even though the first one was 107% and replaced by 6%). Makes sense, doesn't it?

This once happened to me last year when skill (gain) boosts were just introduced. Having not seen it since, I thought it was already fixed. Perhaps not.

Getting plenty of boosts though can't say more than usually, and also have a feeling that they're smaller than usually, at least none so far was over 70%. It's dynamic, I know :)

P.S. From this thread I learned that 200% is not a limit and that it's possible to get another boost while you already have one, neither ever happened to me even though I usually have 10-15+ boosts a day without any buff events.

Over 800,000 registered users and only 5000 likes? ROFL! FAIL!

Menace

Ok I have a big issue with the skill bonus weekend in regards to crafting.
It is offensively a waste of notification, and a joke.

5 minute buff

Hunting - I can get a couple hundred of green lines of boosted skill. (most of these are 70%+ boost)
Crafting - I get about 3-10 green lines of boosted skill. (50% or less so far)
Mining - not as much as hunting, but not nearly as bad as crafting.

Hunting I spend 600 ped in ammo and it lasts over an hour. If I up my weapon cost per hour I get more skill.

Crafting I can easily spend far more in 5 minutes. If I up my crafting costs, I see no difference in skill gain.

It would seem that the activity with much more invested should give much more skill than current.

I craft 10 times as often as I hunt. I am highest 34 attachments, and 55 BLP.

Major discrepancy that really should be looked into.

17000 points of the 30000 mission on Longtooth and 5 skill boosts ranging from 30% to 32% for avg of 3 mins :) thanks for the laugh.

Amount of boosts was about the same for me, but size was smaller. Something didn't quite work as intended i guess... :p

This, however, works as intended:
But what strikes me is that I never get one for my dmg skills.
You always get a boost for both.

Dmg profs are advancing faster after Wounding (lvl 45)
Hit profs are advancing faster after Combat Sense (lvl 50)
< ------------ one Dmg skill unlock missing here (this is intended ;))
Hit profs are advancing even faster after Commando (lvl 70)
Dmg profs will get a significant boost again after Kill Strike (lvl 80)

Dmg and Hit are closer together for those who skill both pistols and rifles (which is quite uncommon), or who use to chip in significant amounts of skills. For everybody else dmg prof's are always lower than hit, until after KillStrike.

Last edited:
This forum is for whiners united, I had tons of skillbuffs and more then regular days.....

Does anyone have a go at you for telling us you had more than usual? So why do you have a go at people that say they notice no difference what so ever in the skill buffs? Are you special?

To be fair I also didn't notice more often skill buffs, but it seems the % buff was higher (something that not everyone cheks). I think I got like 130% buf. And also the duration of the buff seems longer. I was just playing casual so didn't realy looked at the numbers.

Considerably more than usual, though some were sort of boring (as usual - paramedic and teleporting ones). Best was 154% for 15 minutes, highest was 213% for 4 minutes.

I got a 300% for 14 minutes and a 264% for 5 minutes. Awesome stuff :wtg:

Considerably more than usual, though some were sort of boring (as usual - paramedic and teleporting ones). Best was 154% for 15 minutes, highest was 213% for 4 minutes.

Ya at first I wasn't impressed and it seemed like normal rate. I only had 2 buffs over 100% but the one lasted for 14 minutes. I got a lot at the end almost back to back, but they were like 23%, etc.

It was cool, but meh... I had a 103% paramedic and fapped sweaters the whole time... barely got any skill messages at all.

Thanks for the weekend MA - it was cool. I saw lots of buffs going around.

... some were sort of boring (as usual - paramedic and teleporting ones).
Btw, u can control this, to a degree.
Noticed the chances to get skill boost is higher when there's a pause in your activities (the longer the pause the more likely) or, when u switch weapons/tools. Try to use a weapon 1st after each pause, then heal or TP... just in case.

Also, i have tagger (plasma) and a long range BLP pre-damager. After skillboosts became common i stopped using the tagger and saved many useless plasma skillboosts that way (got BLP weapon skillboost instead).

Noticed the chances to get skill boost is higher when there's a pause in your activities (the longer the pause the more likely) or, when u switch weapons/tools. Try to use a weapon 1st after each pause, then heal or TP... just in case.

Also, i have tagger (plasma) and a long range BLP pre-damager. After skillboosts became common i stopped using the tagger and saved many useless plasma skillboosts that way (got BLP weapon skillboost instead).

I noticed the same. I think I got more skill boosts because I use an arson chip. I was constantly switching, and I got a lot of good boosts all weekend (highest 228%). I also got a tp boost almost every time I went back to the LT after taking a short break.

Yes, I've been saying this all along. On several cases, I've seen everyone in the team getting a boost when coming back from a break. Waiting for someone to start a rage thread about smokers getting more skill boosts... :laugh:

Back