A bit about Wormhole's

nisse

Provider
Nisse nisse Hult
As a wormhole user I get a lot of questions and I trying to answer them as good as possible, but a lill more info can't hurt. :)

First. What is a Wormhole? Well it's a teleporter chip for group teleporting.
To use a WH chip you need to be atleast lvl 19,9 in the teleporter prostanding, and have a wormhole chip (duh).
You allso need a friend on the friendlist to act as reciver (he do not need a WH chip).
When the chip is loaded you sending a request to the one in youre FL, he/she get's a question popup (like the trade popup).
The succesrate with WH chip depend's on the skills from both sender and reciver, so a MF user on the reciving side help's a lot, but isn't a must (less fails with a MF user).
There isn't any range limits on the chip, but you can only open a wormhole on the same map.
Opening a wormhole from Amethera to Eudoria (or reverse) is inpossible.
Further more. There is a time limit, so a hole is only open for a short time (think it's 20sec).

So. How to go tru a Wormhole?
If someone open a wormhole, please line up at his/her side or behind him/her, since the WH need plenty of free space in front of the user.
There is need for the free space on both sender and reciver side.
The wormholes is 2way, so you can go in from both sender and reciver side.
When the hole is open. Go into the wortex and press yes on the popup.
If you go to far, the popup dissepere again, so stop as soon it come up.

What does it cost?
The chip use 678 mindessence.
Chip decay= 18pec and inplant (Bd) 1 pec
Summary= Total cost for 1 succes with ME @ 200% is 13,75ped

The cost when failing are only the decay on chip (19pec) and inplant, so no ME use on fail's.

Hope it make some sence and my spelling isn't too off. :ahh:

regards nisse

Last edited:
very nice nisse :D +rep

Chears for the info Nisse ;)

Good luck

C

Always wanted to know that +rep for you

Claire

Yea, wormhole is "the shit" :laugh:
But an expensive toy :(

I'm curiouse to know about the receivers end. Does the person you open the wormhole on have to confirm or accept before you can open one on them? Another words can you randomly open a wormhole on someone in your FL without them knowing?

yeah, they have to accept, just like reviving someone.

Shame really - would be one hell of a surprise otherwise! :D

yeah, they have to accept, just like reviving someone.

Shame really - would be one hell of a surprise otherwise! :D

LoL .. that's what I was thinking too. :laugh: Thanks for the reply though.

hmm didnt know the receiver also needed some mf skills
thx for info :)

Great info. Thanks and +rep.

Ty for all the replyes. :)
I have edited the first post a bit since the event i was on is long over, and i added Coffee's question in the first post.
For those that have yet to see a Wormhole. Don't worry. There is wormhole event's once in a while, so keep a eye on EF. ;)

regards nisse

Thx NISSE!! Though you are one of a few in the whole universe who can open WHs this is more than a little help!!! :yay:

ok, not sure if I heard this wrong or not, but when you fail is it true you do not get any MF or decay costs?

There is no ME used at fails, but it still decay.
Ofc both the chip and inplant decay when failing.
I going to add that to the main post. Ty for pointing it out. ;)

regards nisse

:) Nice info and btw,is there any one of this kind regarding the revive chip? +rep

:) Nice info and btw,is there any one of this kind regarding the revive chip? +rep

I could do one for the res-chip, but it would be a short and boring one since they are a lot easyer to use.

For to use the res-chip you need to be atleast lvl14 reviver (and at that lvl you have real crappy succes rate)
Simply load the chip and aim at a dead ava. Activate it and the dead ava get a popup that ask if he/she wanna be revived (same type of popup as the trade one).
Focus don't help when using the res-chip. :(
A succes gost 103ME and decay on chip (don't remember the chip decay) and the inplant (1 pec)
The fail's don't cost any ME, but inplant and chip still decay.

Well that's about it. ;)

regards nisse

Last edited:
Thank you for great info nisse. +rep

-Zap

+rep for you nisse .

Also want to say that it does make a big difference on success when the receiver is skilled in mf. With another wormhole user, we seem to be successful every try where when I am helping new players get tp's it takes me 7 or 8 tries to open. Res chip, I have not noticed any difference,, what a finicky chip it is. Would like to hear frm someone that gets success all the time on res chip, interested to see what their bio lvl is. Currently level 18 and COS is still poor.

Last edited:
But if the chip use 678 mindessence the skills most fly.:yay: :yay:

thx for info, now I only have to get to 19.9 teleport skills .. sigh ...

Thankyou for this information. It answers a newbie question I had about TP runs and why people do not use wormholes, lol. Now I know why...
- Not many can do it
- Costs quite a bit

Back