A great day until this

ZippO

Elite
Society
cB | Crimson Blades
Ford Zippo LincolnMercury
After getting a good deal of sleep and waking up to a beautiful morning, i then come back to my computer to play some PE right after i had gotten back from the gym. In the middle of running down to the rig my dad calls on the phone and in my frantic motion to grab the phone i hit my soda all over my mouse and keyboard, which i thought was the extent of the soda's damage. My screen on my monitor then shuts off into standby mode, and i then realize that the soda had sprayed all over the inside of my computer frying the graphics card, and dousing the hard drives and motherboard in wild cherry pepsi :p. The least you can say is i was kinda distraught as i frantically tried to clean everything off to no avail. I will have to buy a new graphics card and possibly motherboard, unless i can find a solution to clean off the card to get it running again but that is doubtful, some have suggested cleaning alchohol. So next you see me i will be playing on my girlfriend's laptop which is extremely laggy, so i cant really hunt or mine for another week or so :( SO REMEMBER KEEP SODA ETC. AWAY FROM COMP AT ALL TIMES! and maybe it would be a good idea to not leave the side panel of your case off of the machine ;) :silly2:

Man thats not very fun :( Ive been spared from such accidents so far...But i guess that will happen to me too sometime since I always have fluid stuff around my keyboard/computer

:eek: DAMN that sucks!
I've spilled beer on my mouse about 100 times. I think it's beer proof heh

Ouch :(
I spilled a bottle of water (boring I know :p) on my keyboard once, it kept working for about 30 minutes then it started typing all kinda nonsense witout me doing anything, anyway goodluck getting your stuff clean :silly2:

Owww :(
Im sorry to hear this.

and AHEM PEPSI? nonono... COLA! tsk... pepsi, bah.

hehe ya hopefully i get everything fixed up fast :p i normally drink coca cola but pepsi is all they had downstairs!

ackk

OH CRAP !! That just SUCKS BIG time :mad: How many $ do you think you lost ?
My keyboard and mouse have been tought to drink cola a lot and sometimes pepsi but the graphic card and MB have no clue about this yet :confused:

ZippO said:
hehe ya hopefully i get everything fixed up fast :p i normally drink coca cola but pepsi is all they had downstairs!

The pepsi is evil I tellya!

Mr Claude said:
OH CRAP !! That just SUCKS BIG time :mad: How many $ do you think you lost ?
My keyboard and mouse have been tought to drink cola a lot and sometimes pepsi but the graphic card and MB have no clue about this yet :confused:

well if it turns out i cant fix the motherboard and graphics i might just have to upgrade both which will cost even more but i might as well, not sure what graphicsi should get but i hear that radeon 9800 pro is a great card for a decent price now, but i am still not sure any suggestions? i am thinking this whole situation will cost me at least $300 eeeeeK :bomb: :banghead:

Pepsi is the supreme master among Cola's!!!!

Coca cola yuck

Anyways, ontopic. If you are lucky some of the part's are still alive. Search google for advices how to save them. :)

FruSnabel said:
Man thats not very fun :( Ive been spared from such accidents so far...But i guess that will happen to me too sometime since I always have fluid stuff around my keyboard/computer

yeah........just keep away your mouth from that TV after a hard night out :D

Ouch about the gfx card.....not fun and a expensive soda it became :(

AH crap I almost forgot Zippo
I have used Spray Nine and compressed air to clean circuit boards off in Forklifts. Works well. After you clean it make sure it is very dry, this is why you use compressed air to blow it off thoroughly (air compressor). Then check the circuit boards for burn marks if there aren'y any they should be fine.

Did you see any sparks?

Faustian said:
AH crap I almost forgot Zippo
I have used Spray Nine and compressed air to clean circuit boards off in Forklifts. Works well. After you clean it make sure it is very dry, this is why you use compressed air to blow it off thoroughly (air compressor). Then check the circuit boards for burn marks if there aren'y any they should be fine.

Did you see any sparks?

Ok awesome bro thx for info, no i didn't see any sparks thank god, and my graphics card was pretty dusty so i could see exactly where the soda had landed on the card. I know the card is what got screwed up because i resorted to putting in a TNT 2 card (i know oldschooL! :p) and the machine booted from it. I will try that out, hopefully the card will work again, if not ah well i guess :)

Wow, my condolences ZippO

DD
:evilking:

Soak the shit in destilled water :) and let it dry a few days before turnin it on.
Should dissolve the coke, and should not shot any circuits as destilled water isnt conductant. Canbe bought at gas-stations, its used for carbatteries.

Havent tried it tho, so its just a suggestion :p

ok i will also consider the distilled water idea, i haven't yet messed with the card, i have some friends that own a computer business kidna looking into it and giving suggestions as well, If is doesnt work out, Radeon 9800 PRO may be coming in the mail :p

ZippO said:
I know the card is what got screwed up because i resorted to putting in a TNT 2 card (i know oldschooL! :p) and the machine booted from it.

Good to know that evil pepsi didn't kill your motherboard.
I'd get a 6600GT though. ;)

ZippO said:
After getting a good deal of sleep and waking up to a beautiful morning, i then come back to my computer to play some PE right after i had gotten back from the gym. In the middle of running down to the rig my dad calls on the phone and in my frantic motion to grab the phone i hit my soda all over my mouse and keyboard, which i thought was the extent of the soda's damage. My screen on my monitor then shuts off into standby mode, and i then realize that the soda had sprayed all over the inside of my computer frying the graphics card, and dousing the hard drives and motherboard in wild cherry pepsi :p. The least you can say is i was kinda distraught as i frantically tried to clean everything off to no avail. I will have to buy a new graphics card and possibly motherboard, unless i can find a solution to clean off the card to get it running again but that is doubtful, some have suggested cleaning alchohol. So next you see me i will be playing on my girlfriend's laptop which is extremely laggy, so i cant really hunt or mine for another week or so :( SO REMEMBER KEEP SODA ETC. AWAY FROM COMP AT ALL TIMES! and maybe it would be a good idea to not leave the side panel of your case off of the machine ;) :silly2:

there are some very effective electronic cleaning spraycans out there they remove grease dust and most things if u didnt fry ur mobo u might try this.. most important is to as fast as possible remove every source of current. like bios backup-battery and powercord from outlet..after that push the power button a few times.. that minimize the risk of shortcurcuiting and corroson on ur mobo until u clean it.

oooo nooooo .... may u have a nice day again and .. get all that sticky soda off.. and yes btw... coke.. stinks.... pepsi rules=P.... but then i mostley drink zingo... so... i really dont care=P

Zippo, who cares about laggy laptop when you have ME to meet when u login to pe!!!!

Zee said:
Zippo, who cares about laggy laptop when you have ME to meet when u login to pe!!!!

lol yes i know man! but i have no chance in pvp with this laptop! and you know i cant help to like getting shot at alot ;) screen freezes up like crazy in any town with ppl over 5 :p

Yep i know.

So i say "Get well soon" to you computer.

What's going on with it?

Can it be fixed or will you have to buy new gfx etc?

Not looking good at all, tried to mess around with it tonight, i can get as i said the tnt 2 card to load up, but when i try any better type of card nothing happens. My monitor doesn't even read from the nicer cards, just stays in standby mode like it is not recieving a signal. Makes me think something wierd is screwed with the motherboard, i'll figure it out :)

goodluck mate, and goodnight to you!

man zippo you will never learn until you fry your whole comp :p lol jk bro that sux i got water on my lappy when i was up there luckly it still works lol
:p but damn man let me know how things go man lataz bro ttyl

CT|RAVEN

omg awesome i got my comp back today, we cleaned the graphics, with some special type of alcohol and a little distilled water to break up the soda like some of you suggested, and after it dried it booted up! :) The problem then was that my computer kept restarting, but it was because somehow my usb ports are screwed on my motherboard, so plugging the mouse into a ps2 port solved that. So in other words i am up and running, thx for the help and kinda words guys! :)

nice man thats awesome so it didnt cost you that much did it??? to get it all fixed hehe but have fun playing PE i cant wait to get back in :) and train then get what you suggested :) but i have to go dinner is done :) lata bro ttyl

CTRAVEN

Back