A hold on new Investmant funds etc ?

dry_martini

Provider
Society
MLS
Steff Dry Martini
Firstly this is is not a critisism of any proposed or exciting investing funds.

Such ideas are an interesting way for lower level players to get invoved in the larger economy of EU but MA provides no systems to allow shared ownership of LA's and high value items.

I propse a hold on such things until MA makes a statement or provides systems for shared ownerships.

Off climbing now and i look forward to the flaming i get when i return :D

I kinda agree, since more and more ppl want to start investment fund, I think Mindark should make some kind of statment, or help making it easyer for funds to work propper.

they obviously dont really want anything like this happening.

i mean,

they stopped the whole hanger renting trick.

indeed, Marco has outright stated they are not interested in a lending system and given the reasons why. With LAs, they even have code in place to share ownership but have decided against opening that up outside of Land Grab.

i mean,

hey havent stoped the EU FUND

I think the reason why is probably as follows:

1. The revenue services are looking at ways to tax virtual economies and MA makes a lot of noise about how much is flowing through this economy. In fact there are probably a number of real life economies that are smaller. It is best as we all know not to get the revenue service too actively involved.

2. The legalties of raising an international fund are a complete nightmare. Securites laws tend to break down into US, Canadian, Australian, European, Asian and Middle Eastern. Each of those areas has their own laws. These laws cannot be opted out of or ignored till they catch up with you and they are designed primarily to protect the consumer i.e. you and me from being caught out by an unscrupulous operator.

3. MA could quite easily put code in place which would allow the sharing of title/ownership to assets - in fact they almost have that with the banking system, but I guess - and it is only a guess they have been advised not to.

I do think there is a way that this could be done legally and properly but it would be very costly to estblish it - maybe that is why a number just jump in feet first with their idea of a fund.

If anyone is really interested about doing this properly please pm me and we could probably work a structure up.

With LAs, they even have code in place to share ownership but have decided against opening that up outside of Land Grab.

Or at least until they auction off the limited 5, two year exclusive, fund management\stock exchange licenses and all other operating funds will be seen as potential scams that risk account locking.

i mean,

Actually, MA really really wants thing slike this in Entropia. There was a functioning stock market 5 years ago. But they closed it down.
I think they have just not made it a priority to implement a complete feature for it yet... as with so many other things.

Actually, MA really really wants thing slike this in Entropia. There was a functioning stock market 5 years ago. But they closed it down.
I think they have just not made it a priority to implement a complete feature for it yet... as with so many other things.

I heard something about legal troubles? Might be wrong though :D

Maybe balancing problems?

I've been playing MMO since the beginning of **** in 1998. My experience is that 8 out of 10 investment funds are a total scam. I know a lot of people who've been swindled by scammers who set up virtual banks or investment funds.

I would never trust any investment fund or bank without having any security. These scammers come and go. Please be wise and never invest in such a fund or a virtual bank unless you're 100% sure you trust the people behind it. My experience is you can never trust them, but who knows perhaps there are 1 or 2 legimet.

MA should put a stop to this, but they only act when things already got out of hand like always.

*= i cant name other games on this propaganda forum or i get banned. sorry

At long last a voice of sense. This is starting to get out of control.

I've been playing MMO since the beginning of **** in 1998. My experience is that 8 out of 10 investment funds are a total scam. I know a lot of people who've been swindled by scammers who set up virtual banks or investment funds.

I would never trust any investment fund or bank without having any security. These scammers come and go. Please be wise and never invest in such a fund or a virtual bank unless you're 100% sure you trust the people behind it. My experience is you can never trust them, but who knows perhaps there are 1 or 2 legimet.

MA should put a stop to this, but they only act when things already got out of hand like always.

*= i cant name other games on this propaganda forum or i get banned. sorry

I know what you mean, and I think I know what game you mean ;)

In most cases I do not trust others with my money - the only 2 people I trust are me and my bank manager :laugh:

- Nightwolf

I think that with the recently revealed "virtual Wills" that Ma are proposing, maybe they should look also towards a virtual business contract scheme. Maybe a good addition for the banks to perform maybe, as holder of assets etc? ;)

Here are the extracts from the VU Notes referencing the Exchange:

VU 4.1 - 20 DEC 2002
Exchange
The Project Entropia Exchange is up! Here you can trade shares in various companies and organizations. The list of companies will increase as more and more are introduced. In the initial launch two entities exist – Sphere Ordnance (the Calypso ammunition manufacturer) and Friends of MindArk.

VU 6.2 - 2 NOV 2004
Share owners
All avatars owning shares from the time the Project Entropia Exchange was in operation will have their shares reimbursed at twice the purchase sum. The shares are then removed from Project Entropia. The Exchange is closed but may be reopened in a later VU.

As a side note, almost every VU Release between 5.2 (15 OCT 2003) and 6.2 mentioned the following:

KNOWN ISSUES/MISSING FEATURES
Currently, the virtual companies on the Exchange don’t offer any shares.

This, to me, indicates an issue with this sort of thing. It appears it was so large an issue that the Exchange was shut down and put on the back burner. There are a few of the Exchange terminals still around, though. They don't do anything.

was there? do you mean the PE Exchange, as i understood it, it was never active in that there were no actual player based offerings. was there ever share certificates or means to issue and split up a holding? i dont think so.

oops... but questions still stand, how did it actually work?

Last edited:
I kinda agree, since more and more ppl want to start investment fund, I think Mindark should make some kind of statment, or help making it easyer for funds to work propper.
And here we have our hipocrit winner.
If you are against such system , then in first place , dont make equivalent things yourself...
Dont lend BP ,dont lend ml35 for 6k ped that you will give back latter ...

More about the thread :
Its not up to MA to decide anything...
There is law and all in country...
If you want to give your money to someone it up to you .MA don't have to interfere in that.
And if you want to lend item , its same...

People should be carefull to what they write...

I dont whant MA to tell me what i can do or not.
And i want to be free to invest in my friend project.I want to be free to lend my weapon , or what ever...

And here we have our hipocrit winner.
If you are against such system , then in first place , dont make equivalent things yourself...
Dont lend BP ,dont lend ml35 for 6k ped that you will give back latter ...

More about the thread :
Its not up to MA to decide anything...
There is law and all in country...
If you want to give your money to someone it up to you .MA don't have to interfere in that.
And if you want to lend item , its same...

People should be carefull to what they write...

I dont whant MA to tell me what i can do or not.
And i want to be free to invest in my friend project.I want to be free to lend my weapon , or what ever...

you rock etopia I suck :D

I think this is a great thread.

Personally, I don't think MA is expected to dictate what you should or shouldn't do with your money, rather, to facilitate more opportunities for you to chose from in a safe environment.

There will always be a risk factor in investing. If there were no risk, everyone would do it and it would end up almost pointless in the end. I have written out a descriptive concept on how such a stock market could function in this platform.

I REALLY want to see opportunities like this become possible on a grand scale in this game and although I'm trying to spearhead it's course through severe opposition I believe something positive will come of it in the end.

I propse a hold on such things until MA makes a statement or provides systems for shared ownerships.

Don't hold your breathe. Communication and making firm statements are not 2 of MAs best qualities.

i am very happy the EIF is working the way it is. what i dont like is all the copycats that have cropped up afterward. i am worried about MAs heavy handed response. i am less worried that the fund will disappear because of poor managment, but rather afraid all this new attention will cause MA to force it to disband and then i am out my PED.

so, as far as any other fund is concerned, i don't want to see them. you missed the boat getting in on the creation. the fund owner isn't 'raking' it in, nor has there been any indication of scamming or trouble. we have been doing just fine the entire time other funds have come and gone.

i am very happy the EIF is working the way it is. what i dont like is all the copycats that have cropped up afterward. i am worried about MAs heavy handed response. i am less worried that the fund will disappear because of poor managment, but rather afraid all this new attention will cause MA to force it to disband and then i am out my PED.

so, as far as any other fund is concerned, i don't want to see them. you missed the boat getting in on the creation. the fund owner isn't 'raking' it in, nor has there been any indication of scamming or trouble. we have been doing just fine the entire time other funds have come and gone.

competition is good.. to say only one fund should exist because it was the first to work is silly.

EIF works great.. but many came and failed before and after it.

My fund (EFD growth fund) has been working great so far as well.. but i admit we are small time compared to EIF or any of the newer or older failed funds.. I operate on a different mentality though.. as I have myself brought all the PED into the fund rather than collecting PED from others. My initial investors put only their EFD in, while their share values have gained actual PED value now.

As for the OP.. If EIF can make it work and be allowed to continue operation, all should be allowed.

nih

was there? do you mean the PE Exchange, as i understood it, it was never active in that there were no actual player based offerings. was there ever share certificates or means to issue and split up a holding? i dont think so.

oops... but questions still stand, how did it actually work?

What I mean is that it was an embrio showing the MA vision of what they wanted to implement.

they obviously dont really want anything like this happening...
I think they want it.
I have a friend who proposed some fund-like ideas to MA, and their reply was that the it was very similar to their own thoughts, but it wouldn't be right now.

It's probably on their long list and it will arrive sometimes after vehicles. ;)

...Mindark should make some kind of statment, or help making it easyer for funds to work propper.
I'm pretty sure MA will make no statements until they release their own system.

Back