A list of good mobs to hunt?

IHMJack

Provider
What are some good mobs to hunt? Ones that cost the least to hunt and give you the best "value per loot avg" and gives you alot of items that have auction values of stuff that is alot above TT and drops offen, not those "very rare" items, I cant even get "regular" items, common items is hard enough to get for me.

Help would be appreicated, thank you

another topic you already searched right?
:rolleyes:

--edit--
so that my post is not removed for being offtopic, but while keeping my point of your laziness shown.
hunt atrax. they drop all kinds of stuff.

but you will not find a mob that constantly has Ub3r P|-|4t 13\/\/Ts

There are no "good mobs" at all.

You may global from a Snable with 400 PED and half an hour later one HoFs with 100 PED from an Atrox. (Happend to me a few months ago)

Hunt lower mobs and make long hunts. You can kill more mobs and increase your chance to find the mobs with good loot and decrease rep costs.

Personally, Berys, combibo's have always done well for me, and they can drop a fair amount of items of value. Molisks tend to drop more often than other mobs too.

Argos are popular and can do well (not in my personal experience though) but seem to drop items more often than most mobs.

.... im sure everyone has varieties of thier best mob. Hope that applies to you and helps.

IHMJack said:
What are some good mobs to hunt? Ones that cost the least to hunt and give you the best "value per loot avg" and gives you alot of items that have auction values of stuff that is alot above TT and drops offen, not those "very rare" items, I cant even get "regular" items, common items is hard enough to get for me.

Help would be appreicated, thank you

Hi IHMJack,

There are some details of a few mobs and their average loot on this thread

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37755&page=2&pp=10

I have stats for a larger sample if you need any others. My current best bets would be Combibo Old, Cornucada Matures and all the Gradivores.

Pecker

First of all, this belongs to HUNTING, not to GENERAL.

Secondly, maybe..

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Chicago mobs?

You can try 2 approaches.

1. Randomly select a mob from the list, check where it hangs out, and go kick ass. If you can't (noob) put that on the list and move on to the next. If you can, gut some and see what they drop.

2. Select the best mob you can hunt with your gear in terms of danger, easynes, armor decay or loot items. Camp it until you get sick of it. Change mob when appropiate.

Dammit mrproper...how could you leak the secrets of hunting?

:D

Lets run an experiment
Just took a look at the wiki and here is a list of mobs with 180hp, giving damage and threat values. I think I already have the average for the Foul and Corn in my spreadsheet (it is at home so I will look later) Anyone else want to run a hunt and record details for the others? 100 kills should be enought for a reasonable average.

Calamusoid Male Raider 35 : 630
Cornundacauda Mature 23 : 414
Daikiba Guardian 27 : 486
Exarosaur Alpha 35 : 630
Foul Scout 26 : 468
Gradivore Guardian 30 : 540
Gradivore Provider 25 : 450
Repesilex Provider 30 : 540
RipperSnapper Dominant 40 : 720
Snablesnot-Female Alpha ? : ?

Pecker

I have a question, what is the values mean? 35:630??

if a mob consistently dropped high markup loots then the loots wouldn't be high markup anymore. :rolleyes:

pick something u can kill quickly, efficientlly (not too much fapping), and consistantly (5500 ammo minimum((opalo)))

and yes this should be in hunting.

and now for the million dollar question. will you even read the replies to the OP? :laugh:

IHMJack said:
Lets run an experiment
Just took a look at the wiki and here is a list of mobs with 180hp, giving damage and threat values. I think I already have the average for the Foul and Corn in my spreadsheet (it is at home so I will look later) Anyone else want to run a hunt and record details for the others? 100 kills should be enought for a reasonable average.

Calamusoid Male Raider 35 : 630
Cornundacauda Mature 23 : 414
Daikiba Guardian 27 : 486
Exarosaur Alpha 35 : 630
Foul Scout 26 : 468
Gradivore Guardian 30 : 540
Gradivore Provider 25 : 450
Repesilex Provider 30 : 540
RipperSnapper Dominant 40 : 720
Snablesnot-Female Alpha ? : ?

Pecker

The first number is how much damage they do. The second number is the "Threat level" which is the mobs Health times Damage.

Molisks young are the way to go.

their agression is low. Meaning you can sweat them individually until they come for you. If you are lucky you have 2 successfull sweat pulls resulting in 6 to 40 sweat. then you kill it with your a105 amped opalo. They will give you either no loot or normal loot (20 to 95 pecs + 4 molisk teeth) or miniloots (2-16 peds) with 2k evade they hit you twice.

to kill a molisk young costs 55 pecs on average with an opalo/a105
one hit to rascal or nemesis costs 0,86 pec, molisks hit you twice normally so thats 1.74 pecs. total cost is 56,74. lets say 57 pecs per molisk young

if you count sweat for 1.0 and molisk teeth going for 600% (24 pecs per molisk) then you get the following analysis:

1 6 sweat/no loot 6 (sweat gathered)-57 = -51 profit
2 40 sweat/no loot 40 -57= -14 profit
3 6 sweat/20 pecs loot+24(teeth) -57= - 7 profit
4 13 sweat/20 pecs loot+24(teeth) -57= 0 profit

all other possibilities give profit...
meaning.. because of the molisk teeth (going for 600%+ and their low agression (so you can sweat them for a nice amount of time without getting hit) molisk give profit very fast.

then there's the global. you can get an esi, shogun harness, thighs, shins, and the a&p king as normal global loot. Most of that is tt-food. the shogun parts can sell at tt+4 sometimes, but not always.
But the best part is ofcourse the angel arms, that sometimes drop. I have hoffed over 1k twice on molisk, so im sticking to them when i run out of money.

compare to argonauts:
high aggression, they will come in packs if they have the chance, resulting in high armour decay. Argonauts cannot be sweated, so you loose that income. the iron doesnt come in every loot, where molisks almost always give 4 teeth. The global comparison is the same. Most argo loot is also tt-food.
I got nemesis shins once. I think the masks to hang in your appartment also do some extra tt+

Hunting/sweating molisks can be very boring on the other hand.

Thread moved to appropriate forum "Hunting"

Please take the time to place new threads in the proper forum. This makes the forum easier for all members to browse.

Thanks in advance!

Ummm.... molisk, argo and drones really. All three consistently drop items with reasonable markups which can mean a big difference between profit and loss (e.g. iron @122%, gazz@133% or whatever the current market prices are).

I realized that the molisk has a short loot list, I wonder if that means if the molisk is still a good hunting mob?

had to add.....

my opinion: the amount of loot (ped) difference in mobs isnt even a defining factor based on what items they drop. I've profited more times on maffoids (which drop rarely anything but peds/pecs) than on mobs like argo's which have a loot list 2 wiki pages long. Just explore a bit, find a place you like, and stick with it for a while. If you are after a certain item drop, then hunt that type of creature that drops it. Thats all I can tell you. :wise:

*edit*, no one is going to be able to tell you what mob loots the best, because the system doesn't work that way. This isn't like your average mmo, so try to leave those guidelines at the door. The best mob for you to hunt, is the highest level creature u can kill effectively, and fairly easily, without too much fap/armor decay in the process. If you list your armor/weapon stats/evade/fap/weapon skill lvls then I'd be glad to point you in a direction.

I agree. molisk youngs give great consistant loot

also a constant profiter are the drones1-2 east of jason
you will need at least a 104 (105 if can afford) on your oplao
and maybe a set of vigi.

with the gazz drops and frequent 5 ped loots you can do well on them as long as you stay on the edges and dont get surrounded.

as for argos.... got to be careful with these guys as they hit often and your armor repair bill will be off the wall

good luck

dee says

If you list your armor/weapon stats/evade/fap/weapon skill lvls then I'd be glad to point you in a direction.

I have part shogun/knight, a-3 justisfer mk1+A103amp, most of skills is pretty low.

also another thing, are you guys baseing hunting experience with mobs for a short term time or long term time? a mob that can give you profits IN THE LONG RUN is what a good mob is, anyone can get lucky sometimes and they can hunt ANY mob for only a short time and profit.

BeryCleds, Molisks, Atrox, Atrax, Armax....hang on...... I'm listing every mob in-game.... oh yeah:)...that's what I hunt:)

Best bet is if you are hunting a single type of mob and get a couple of loots with Ped not Pec, stick with 'em til you don't.

if you want profit, stay with opalo, and pick a creature that does minimal damage to you while you hunting it, so you dont have to fap in battle, and kill the mobs 1 at a time so your repair bill is low. Honestly the approach that I (and alot of other people i know) take is just to keep your costs (armor/weapon/fap decay,missed shots) minimal and wait till u hit 7 7 7 or cherry cherry cherry, im sorry i mean until you get some good loots :dunce:

Geez, can't believe you don't know everything about EU, its resources and the forum yet, you've been here since August! (sarcasm) Not exactly sure what your skills are, but yea, go for some mobs you can kill efficiently that drop regular items that sell decently. Molisk for sure, get teeth all the time and they have a good markup, same with foul for their bones. Berys also drop soft hide regular. Corns drop both soft hide and wool, but they vary a lot, but still decent mobs to kill. Drones drop lots of gazz that sells good, so gen 01 and 02 are good to fight, as well as argos, sometimes, but argos can suck bigtime at times.

New ideas:

- if it's dead in 10 or less shots (or 20 seconds), add it to your list
- if you get 1.0 damage on your armor from it, add it to your list

IHMJack said:

Sorry IHMJack,

lost track of the thread when it was moved. The values after the mobs listed are the maximum no armour damage by the mob and the threat level (calculated I think by damge/hp. Numbers from the wiki charts.

Regs,

Pecker

Back