A new investment fund

Society
Spider THC
Night-Hawk
Hello. I would like to introduce a new investment fund for Entropia players. I am a financial student at local university and would like to try some kind of virtual business to see how well it goes. This is an ongoing project and if successful, could offer unlimited income opportunity to the investors. The idea is similar to that of EIFund with some minor tweaks and I am always open to advice/ideas for the improvement, so please let me know if I missed something what you would like to add.

Please see http://www.vwinvest.net for more information.

good luck then :silly2:

At first glance i thought it was you, got me a bit interested.

Gonna see how this goes, good luck :)

LOL

"Hey, Nighthawk is starting an investment fund! Oh... Wrong Nighthawk, nevermind then" or what? :laugh:

EDIT: Sry to OP for off-topic, see it as bumps ;)

Had a glance one your website, but I don't see you mention how money will be earned. Enlighten us?

Had a glance one your website, but I don't see you mention how money will be earned. Enlighten us?

The goal is to purchase ingame property (Hangar, LA) that produces constant income.
This information is given at the webpage!

My questions @ Night-Hawk are:

Do you want to sell shares untill you hit the goal to purchase first property, or will there be other income meanwhile (f.e. trading)

If I remember right, EIF started with trading, and you already mentioned that you want to follow the road EIF started with.

What are the tweaks that make this fond different to EIF, do you have any improved system compared to EIF?

Why should I invest into your fond (no LA yet) instead investing into EIF (already 2 LAs + Hangar!). Where is the advantage for me as an investor?

Is this fond a project you want to use at your RL study?
Is there something more behind it?

Good luck with your fund!

Good luck with taking the first steps, i believe funds are the way to go for anyone wishing to spend a little but get a lot back in a few years time.

I watched the EIF grow and become what it is today and kick my self i didn't invest the peds when they first started, but hey there will be other times.

in saw the team of privet investors that goto together with the raise the money for TIC, one day that will happen again and funds like this and FID will be of the front line of the bidding wars i believe.

:) I'll be watching this closely

If you can put the time and pull it off it will be of massive credit to you later on i believe,

Would i invest peds in your idea's and you personal, No. Not today, Would i invest time to get this to work, 100% absolutely yes. because i believe 100% this is the future.

the fund is very new i see, and you have invested a lot of money in it your self so its a large gamble... would you be interested in buying my share for me, in return i can offer you my 2 years exp with in the game and all the hard work and determination i can offer. If I'm not good enough then your holding my peds and can with draw me at any time...

this post is brief, maybe PM me...

Last edited:
Why should I invest into your fond (no LA yet) instead investing into EIF (already 2 LAs + Hangar!). Where is the advantage for me as an investor?

dont you kinda answer your own question.
I meen, if you start early in a procjet you will get everything cheaper, compared to the guys who come inn later when property is allready bought ?

maybe I missunderstand how these funds work, so feel free to educate me.. (free of charge ofc)

to many nighthawks in this game lol :)

Tt=0

One, of several, issues I had that caused me to not invest in Entropia Investment Fund was that the TT=0 Investments, i.e. the 2 LAs and the Shop, were purchased to make money, but with zero guarantee of getting the peds invested in them back any other way than through taxes and shop revenue. Fond Manager has indicated that there is no short term goals of ever selling the LAs, so the Peds that went in to the markup on those TT=0 deeds is completely more or less a loss at the moment since they can never be re-obtained unless LAs are sold down the road, and when they are sold, sold at an amount above what they were purchased for. That is HIGHLY RISKY because MA will release new LAs and entire planets soon, and those planets may well have LAs too? All that means prices on markup on LAs may drop like a rock soon! I could be wrong, but maybe not.

Mall Shop Revenues was a good idea since EIF can control what they buy and sell, but the inital cost on mall shop may be a loss to EIF too since prices people are willing to pay for mall shops may eventually go down below what EIF paid for their shop. Taxes on LAs, on the other hand are a lot riskier, especially now that a lot of other LAs and entire planets may be opening up soon. What EIF paid for the LAs may be hundreds of times more than what the LAs will be worth in a few years, if and when the EIF re-sells the LAs.

The TT=0 buys by the EIF caused EIF to no longer be able to sell stuff to TT to gaurantee money at any price. When EIF first started they focused on buying stuff at TT off of it's members and then selling it for profit and then paying members back the profits and guaranteeing initial investment payback after 90 days since any item purchased could be TTed at any time to get initial money back. That 90 day buyback guarantee disappeared around the time the tt=0 buys were done, making the EIF much more risky, in my opinion. It means that one share in EIF is now completely variable and guesstimated instead of based on REAL TT values!

I hate to hijack threads, but am going to in the next paragraph because some of the people that might be interested in your fund might also be interested in what I'm about to discuss, and you might be too...
I recently started a new social group that is aimed at doing similar to what EIF was doing before the tt=0 buys, but with a major difference that there is no central fund manager, or really even any fund, just a bunch of folks cutting deals and buying and selling off one another at tt prices.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-united-buyers-exchange-resource-u-b-e-r.html PM me if you are interested in joining this non-fund/social group. Also, please post more details about your goals, strategy, and business plan. If you do get enough investors, when you get around to doing payouts on taxes, how much will you take off the top, like the EIF Fond Manager does? What LA is it you plan on buying? Which mobs do you plan to keep on stock? How do you plan on acquiring the DNA for those mobs? Can you guarantee any buybacks like EIF originally did, or is it going to be like their LA purchases, where all the money is sunk and considered gone until you get taxes back, and then you'll only pay tax money back to people, which, if my calculations are right with EIF, means people that invest won't get their full money paid in for at least 10 years or so if they just get dividends and no money back on share purchases, etc. Details is what potential buyers want.

hehe could be

There's no "could be" about it. I'll wait to see if I get a response from the OP before I post more details though.

i feel the way your Dividends are worked out a little over complected, but i love the idea of a monthly pay-out...

maybe an idea would be to have the monthly pay out set at, 75% of the months takings divided by the number of shares... (75% gets payed to the people, 25% gets loaded back it)

then, you could set the share values at total fund's earnings estimated mark-up divide by number of shares...

all shares would be worth 100 ped each until the fund starts earning, say we sell 2000 shares and buy a hanger for 200,000 ped and if the first month we earn 10000 ped... the total fund would be pushed up to 210,000 take away the 75% to be divided up and payed to all share holders would leave you with 202,500 then divide that against the number of shares (2K) would give you a new share value of 101.25 ped each.

so from then on all shares would be bought and sold at the new value of 101.25 ped.

.thats an example.

not a lot of difference i know but might be an idea.

ok heres a little idea, that you could do to get the fund making money from day one.

Send 2000 ped buying the largest atp you can, in the middle you fill with chairs and at one end you have a pedestal and nice curtain back drop. and there you have it, entropia's first privet auction rooms... you simple charge a 10% fee on what ever is sold there... think of the possibility's.

then what to do with the space between auctions, you rent out 10 items points of wall space for 10 peds. for 7 days. and we do the rest to sell your items the best we can, the moment the item is sold we give you the peds and let you place any other item in the atp, until the 7 days runs out. we could also have alist of all are wears here of EF and keep it updated for people to see...

so thats the wall space making us money, and the floor space making us money during a once a week auction, but what to do with the floor the rest of the time... hmmm, simple you rent it out to people wanting to hold art views etc

Last edited:
+rep to Matthew for that awesome auction idea.

great idea there on real in game auction. I think MMA Bigshow tried something like that a while back but he messed it up bad due to lack of organization and a storm that kicked him off the internet the day before the auction (he did like half the auction online and half in game the last few minutes, or something... )... would be great idea for someone to do something like that in game regularly... MA needs a little competition for their own auctions :p

how much will you take off the top, like the EIF Fond Manager does?

This is not true. Though you may be mistaking the 3% Advert fee?

Anyways, Good luck with your Fund Nighthawk. Subscribing :)

The goal is to purchase ingame property (Hangar, LA) that produces constant income.
This information is given at the webpage!

My questions @ Night-Hawk are:

Do you want to sell shares untill you hit the goal to purchase first property, or will there be other income meanwhile (f.e. trading)

If I remember right, EIF started with trading, and you already mentioned that you want to follow the road EIF started with.

What are the tweaks that make this fond different to EIF, do you have any improved system compared to EIF?

Is this fond a project you want to use at your RL study?
Is there something more behind it?

Hi. Thank you for your questions.

Yes, there will be trading involved. Selling shares only makes the long way to the goal even longer.

As someone already mentioned, the planned monthly payout is the main difference from EIFund which could attract those who would like to see the their profit faster than on EIFund. There are other differences which I am about to explain on the Fund's website today.

Since you're asking why would you invest in this Fund when EIF with 2 LAs and a hangar exists, I would like to copy-paste text from the Fund's website - the fund is aimed at small investors which can not deposit huge amount of funds on their own. Of course, big investors are welcome too, but this was not the point when creating the fund.

As for my studies - at the end of next year I will have to write about making money online, and would like to mention the fund.

And finally, yes - there are lots of things behind it which I will try to explain one by one.

Thank you.

buybacks?

Selling shares back to us can be done by contacting us and arranging a meeting.

Do you propose to be able to buy back any shares after one month and the payout from that one month? One, of serveral major problems I saw with EIF was originally it was a good buy in idea since they had a promise of paying back original investment within 90 days. If you do payouts once a month, do you make a similar guarantee? Also, how do you plan to ever do buybacks if you buy land or hanger, worth tt value of zero? It'd be like those tt=0 buys that EIF did, where it might be possible to do dividend payouts based on taxes, but nowhere near enough to pay back anyone original investment price ever, unless you can sell the tt=0 purchases for exactly what you paid or more than you paid. EIF was very risky since LA markup prices may go down over time as MA introduces new LAs to the in world game economy, and opens up new Planets, which might be full of new LAs, therefore bringing markup price of LAs down even further.

Yes, currently, with the way EIF is run, in theory, the taxes, etc. might be able to get people paid back original investment over 10 years or so, BUT what happens if after that 10 years LA is worth almost nothing, so all the peds invested in that are now worthless... is the Fond Manager going to personally write a check to everyone involved to get their original buy in money back? Will you do something like that for those involved in your fund?

When EIF worked only with items that had a tt value, this sort of issue was not as much of a problem since TT machine could guarantee something back... without that, EIF became a lot more risky, and so too will this fund idea of yours, I think.

How do you propose to do the selling shares back option, and how many peds will be set aside to do that?

Last edited:
hi.

from your website, I see your plan revolves around this:

website said:
The main goals of the fund are to aquire property which is able to generate ongoing income and therefore increasing fund and share value. This includes purchase of a hangar and land areas. As this property has no TT value the money spent on the purchase is bound to the property. This means that only the profits generated from the property will be added to the fund value.

land areas are a part time job. they require a decent collection of DNA for hunters. for miners, location is important. miners don't always want to see that which hunters do.

running a hangar is a full time job. the pilot spends a good deal of time waiting to fill flights. there can be issues with other pilots and the interaction with passengers is very important.

acquiring a single land area and a hangar could cost upwards of 500K peds.

also, the days of high inflation on these types of properties is now gone.

so, if I may ask:

how do you intend on raising the capital to purchase these properties? and, how much of your own money are you willing to match with your investors?

what do you forsee as the optimal land areas to acquire? will it be for hunters or miners, or balanced for both? how do you see this this being achieved?

how do you see the flight operations running and whom do you see as the pilot? fares, availability, and that sort of thing will help.

finally, what sort of revenue do you predict from both the land and flight areas? and, how much of this will be returned to shareholders as dividend payment?

thanks for taking the time to address my questions.

hi.

from your website, I see your plan revolves around this:

land areas are a part time job. they require a decent collection of DNA for hunters. for miners, location is important. miners don't always want to see that which hunters do.

running a hangar is a full time job. the pilot spends a good deal of time waiting to fill flights. there can be issues with other pilots and the interaction with passengers is very important.

acquiring a single land area and a hangar could cost upwards of 500K peds.

also, the days of high inflation on these types of properties is now gone.

so, if I may ask:

how do you intend on raising the capital to purchase these properties? and, how much of your own money are you willing to match with your investors?

what do you forsee as the optimal land areas to acquire? will it be for hunters or miners, or balanced for both? how do you see this this being achieved?

how do you see the flight operations running and whom do you see as the pilot? fares, availability, and that sort of thing will help.

finally, what sort of revenue do you predict from both the land and flight areas? and, how much of this will be returned to shareholders as dividend payment?

thanks for taking the time to address my questions.

Basically the LAs were mentioned as an example of what could generate ongoing income. However, I would like to concentrate on hangars, since MA's planning to introduce new planets run by other real world companies which means pilots are going to be really busy once everyone will want to visit and see the new ones.

I'm currently at work, but will answer all your questions as soon as I get back home.

Thanks.

I must admit I'm a bit suspicious of someone starting a fund who has chosen a name for his avatar VERY much like tha name of another well known avatar....

hmm...

which means pilots are going to be really busy once everyone will want to visit and see the new ones.

You make an assumption that spaceships that exist now will be used to travel to new planets. That is a good assumption, but I would not completely count on it yet since there's also a good chance that those black orbs might be planet tps just waiting to be opened.

I must admit I'm a bit suspicious of someone starting a fund who has chosen a name for his avatar VERY much like tha name of another well known avatar....

Uhm.. There's the thing. When a player starts playing for the first time, there's no way he could know that there's someone else with a really similar nick who is well-known in the game already.

You make an assumption that spaceships that exist now will be used to travel to new planets. That is a good assumption, but I would not completely count on it yet since there's also a good chance that those black orbs might be planet tps just waiting to be opened.

What can I say... Risk is involved everywhere.

No, I am not the same. Please note the difference between Night-Hawk and Nighthawk.

Thanks.

OK, so you're saying it's a different person, called Nighthawk not Night-hawk?

And is it just a coincidence that the profile of the person buying the sweat-bot, who had a profile name nighthawk on the hiring site, had a company name of Spider IT, while you have a link to a company called Spider Hosting in your sig and your soc is called Spider THC?

Are you sure you're not the same person?

And perhaps the other two Nighthawks who have posted in this thread would like to comment on your accusation that it was a different Nighthawk.

Back