A new mentor system

Ragna Rock

Old Alpha
Society
M2E
Ragna Ragna Rock
Dear Santa (Marco) :D

I wish we could have a new mentor system, with 4 mentors available for each disciple each in an other profesion of the game.

I am verry happy about my mentor, but i would like to have more people rewarded for their effort while teaching me some stuff about, mining, crafting, trading and hunting.

I totaly agree. Another thing is, that some might be unlucky to get a mentor, who is nice and helpfull in the beginning, but dont care about you after a while. The mentor can skip the disciple - but not the other way round.

If it was possible to have more than one mentor, it would give the disciple more possibilities in game - and more help, hopefully! :rolleyes:

But as you said, it should be mentors in diffirent abilities - so you can be trained in the the different skills of for example mining and hunting (or others, I dont know)...

:D

Btw. - Im a disciple (not much longer ... but still :laugh: )

Is it possible for me in any way, to see how many % I have trained? I can see my disciples % - but not my own ??? I think this should be possible!

Thats it ... :D

Perhaps mentors should make it a point to (a) educate themselves on the other subjects and/or (b) know people who know something about the other subjects?

IMO, the biggest problem with the current Mentor/Disciple system is lazy mentors

HAHAHA - yep - but I know some lazy disciples too .... :wise:

This might b little of topic but in a way it is about new mentor system!
I think the prof.level of new players becoming diciples is way too low. There is no time for them to even get to know the game before they already passed the limit & when they actually meet a person they want as mentor its too late! I heard & know of several ppl whom made a second avatar becouse of this. Imo it´s kinda sad since I remember how proud I was of my first skills I gained then to leave that avatar and start a new!??
A serious newcomer who makes a deposit and starts to play has maybe 15 minutes to decide on a mentor , if they even figure out about the mentoring system in that time!
Just sum thoughts I got reading this thread :cool:

Problem with your idea of 4 mentors and 4 gifts is that it would make ME gifts happen more and make them less rare and make them worth less then they are now. So MA wont do it.

My soc kind of mentors in a team effort we all let each others disciples add us. It works out well as long as everyone has disciples and everyone helps each other. Cause then everyone gets some sort of benefit in the end.

but anyways Mentoring isn't about the ME gift for most mentors. it's about developing PE. the gift is just a little bonus. and i know a lot of ppl that givce there ME gift to there disciples.

I think Montaque has the right idea. disciles need more time before they can't be mentored anymore. I would have a lot more official disciples then un-official disciples then. i think 10% would be good so that would be 190lvls for most of them.

And lets face it if you are on a lot and realy help your disciples you dont need to worry about them kicking you.

Dear Marco, please remove the mentor system rewards since people are greedy asses who create dummy accounts for rewards and then whine when their uber item aint spawning and its a tasmo instead :rolleyes:

if u divide with the number of skills.. examble handgun u need 1900 then u divide the lvl u have with 19 and thats ur % :) rifle u divide whit what u need there etC. :)

Back