A Real Life Canuck Meet up

Thaddeuss

Prowler
Society
The Knights of Calypso
Thaddeuss Thad Scotsman
new_logo_pic.jpg

Edit: August 1st, 09

Come to the Canadian/American Real Life Meet up August 8th 2009 being hosted at Head2Head Games at 246 Dundas St, London, Ontario

Put a Real life face to all the virtual ones!! Their will be dinner! drinks! (1 or 2 hehe) and ingame events with real life entropia swag as prizes courtesy of Entropia Outfitters!!

If you will be attending the ingame events be sure to arrive by 2pm at the latest I will be their from noon on. We will have the 2 events then go somewhere for dinner and can decide what to do from their I have Rented a Lan room so if u bring ur own laptop or computer capable of playing entropia internet is free. otherwise it is $4.50 an hour.

You will need money for Parking Ur interent use, dinner and for a hotel room if ur staying the night. Contact Rex if u want a good deal on econolodge. Also the Ramada, and holiday Inn are close by.

Canuck Atrox Event @ Amertha Outback Land #10 18:30 MA - 19:30
(2:30pm-3:30pm)
Tickets available at the event Landmarker
Prizes include 50 Ped, EntropiaOutfitters T-Shirt
Low Maturity Atrox, Highest Single Loot Wins

Canuck Opalo Pvp event @ Zychion Citadel 20 MA - 21 Ma
(4:00pm-5:00pm)
Tickets available at the event Coordinator
Prizes include accumulated Ammo, 50 Ped, EntropiaOutfitters T-Shirt
Player versus Player, No Fapping, No Armor, Solomate Opalo Only!
Gun Amp Optional

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Respond to this thread today if your interested in attending!!

And check out the facility's if you like ...
Head2Head Games

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&sour...-81.246214&spn=0.029006,0.076818&z=14&iwloc=A

Coming:

xander

BD

Sndlwood

Moogle

Sweetthang

Filthy Mcnasty

Treeprotector

Kesky

Thaddeuss

Rex & Onica

Maybe:

Pete Hines

danoclese

Nexus III

Parasiteone

Menace

Hijacker

Lexxy

Mandu

lanksia

Vixen

Kira-red

Matrix

Original Message 03.29.09:

So fellow entropians after 3 years of playing Eu i have seen so many rl meet ups happen in many different countries but i have yet to see one in Canada so i thought i would take it upon myself to see if their is enough demand to merit one. I know just of the top of my head about 20 canucks just in my province that play EU so i know their are lots of Canadian players.

I was thinking about booking a hall ( depending on turnout) probably in London, Ontario ( half way between windsor and Toronto) with plenty of early notice and most likely to be booked on a weekend maybe a saturday night.

We could meet up have some drinks and possibly i could arange some sort of interent hook up so we could do a big Canadian event with rl prizes and such.

So nothing is set in stone as of yet i more or less just want to see who would truly be interested in attending.

What do my fellow Entropian Canucks think ?
if we get enough people i might be able to convince Ma to send us some EU related rl prizes ......

Last edited:
I'd most definitely be in :yay:

EDIT : And we'd need MA on that one, I want a damn figurine :p

I'd be interested

Last edited:
Mmmm....sounds like a "plan" is forming here!!!

I'm definitely interested. :)

great to see some people on board .....
would like to see alot more!!!

just got word that entropia outfitters would send us a box of goodies for prizes tyvm to them what a great bunch of guys :)

do i hear road trip?

if u cant hook up the interent xander im sure theirs a hotel conference room somewhere in london i can rent out that offers wireless interent. maybe ...

ive never set up something like this before so im sure im in for a challenge hehe

i bet we can convince rex and onica to come down and sndlwood is in london im sure he would come .

if entropia outfitters is sending a box of goodies then will def have to set up a event for the evening. get lots of drinks into everyone and if we rent a conference room in a hotel those that are coming from out of town are only a crawl away from a nice warm bed ;)

ill start looking into facility's... if one of you londoners have a good place let me know..

i beleive we can also get sponsored by mindark but as i hear they need 6 months notice and thats alot of notice!!! hehe

London wouldn't be so bad it's for me a lot closer for me then for Lanksia and we could easily stay with some pals we got there who where actually staying at our place this weekend.

subscriped can't wait to see who else would be interested?

There is a lot of descent restuarants there moxxy's is pretty good and lots of places to sit us.

i beleive we can also get sponsored by mindark but as i hear they need 6 months notice and thats alot of notice!!! hehe

not THAT bad, september is still warm enough :laugh:

i want my figurine damn it :p

Yay Canucks!

Depending on timing, I'm in too!

:yay:
:clap:
:beerchug:

If its in toronto ide def be down :)

I could travel down there.... If there's room for the local EF shit disturber I'm in.... :yay:

i bet we can convince rex and onica to come down and sndlwood is in london im sure he would come .

I'm here and I'm queer...I mean...I'm in! DOH!!! Not really queer by the way.

I think we can get Sweetthang to make the trip. I know she suggested something like this to me last year.

Just to clarify, I am definitely not queer!

S.

Meet up

So fellow entropians after 3 years of playing Eu i have seen so many rl meet ups happen in many different countries but i have yet to see one in Canada so i thought i would take it upon myself to see if their is enough demand to merit one. I know just of the top of my head about 20 canucks just in my province that play EU so i know their are lots of Canadian players.

I was thinking about booking a hall ( depending on turnout) probably in London, Ontario ( half way between windsor and Toronto) with plenty of early notice and most likely to be booked on a weekend maybe a saturday night.

We could meet up have some drinks and possibly i could arange some sort of interent hook up so we could do a big Canadian event with rl prizes and such.

So nothing is set in stone as of yet i more or less just want to see who would truly be interested in attending.

What do my fellow Entropian Canucks think ?
if we get enough people i might be able to convince Ma to send us some EU related rl prizes ......

Good Idea:cool:

I live only 2 hours away, and I would love to finally meet some of the canadians I've been playing with all of these years.

Subscribed :)

hehe I thought the title said "eunuck meetup" :laugh:

damn I think I read too fast sometimes :silly2:

Sounds like fun! :yay:
can us USA players show up too?

would be cool to see everyone again

Sounds like fun! :yay:
can us USA players show up too?

would be cool to see everyone again

you can probably car pool me us moogle if we go.

yea is this an Only Canadian thing cause not that far for ppl from detroit way either.

the other idea could be to all meet in Toronto and goto Fan Expo again too?

I will direct all Canadian Pyrates to this thread. :D

Have fun, guys !! :yay: :dance: :beerchug:

Fantastic Idea, dont know if we will be able to attend but we will deff be there in spirit, and depending on location time etc maybe even in person woot

:yay::yay:

We could set up a wireless conection in the middle of a residential area... and everytime we see a car coming... well you all know where I am going with this one ;)

Ciao all
Lexxy

I still have a case of DVDs, is there are there any gaming/sci-fi events happening that we can hook up with, or do we just run our own?

check out Head To Head Games they do LAN parties.

Last edited:
I'll check with the boss tonight (at work now) and my other half actualy works front desk at the Days Inn hotel in south london across from White Oaks Mall - he said they have a conference room available to be rented - hes checking on internet access - and who knows.. maybe I can squeeze a staff discount :) Will post my results once I feel out both parties.. boss and b/f :)

Ok my boss is officialy a dick. Take a guess on my answer about the wireless hook up. "we're too busy" blah blah blah *goes off and grumbles some more*

Oh well, bright side is that most hotels/conference rooms are internet equipped.

EDIT: Mind you I was looking for a free connection for an entire weekend with higher speeds then we offer our customers lol

hehe thats too bad xander ,

let me know about the day's inn. i cant see them not having internet access their conference room. i hope that probably be one of the cheaper places to go for. i was going to call the ramada figure they got to have a room for us with internet but that would get alittle pricey for all those that are staying the night. not to mention probably pricey for me to rent hehe i am no millionaire hehe just a blue collar :p)

let me know when ur buddy gets back to you on that...

hehe thats too bad xander ,

let me know about the day's inn. i cant see them not having internet access their conference room. i hope that probably be one of the cheaper places to go for. i was going to call the ramada figure they got to have a room for us with internet but that would get alittle pricey for all those that are staying the night. not to mention probably pricey for me to rent hehe i am no millionaire hehe just a blue collar :p)

let me know when ur buddy gets back to you on that...

He will be working tomorrow and will check - a couple things he asked - for how many days/nights/hours would we need the conference room - any idea on approx number of additional rooms might be required (for out of town guests) and any ideas on approx time table - so he can check for availability.

For just the conference room, he will ask his boss about the possibility of putting it in his name and see if there is any sort of discount. He nas never played EU and has pretty much told me to drop off somewhere about trying to get him to sign up and play LOL He has no interest in it whatsoever - sucks to be him. Oh well, his creditcard is attached to my account anyways HAHAHAHAHAHA

He did say it goes for anywhere from $50-$400 depending on the function - I think thats per day. I will try and find out more info after he gets home tomorrow. Just let me know the number of days or hours you think.

EDIT: When I told him tonight via msn what it was for, his responce to me was.. "you're going to play EU at a hotel with a bunch of other EU ppl? GEEK!" hahahahahaha

I probably can't make it, That is a LONG drive for me. But I'm subscribing just in case....

Nice to see some Canadian Real Life event though!

Well i was only thinking for 1 day either a full day right morning to midnight type of thing or a daytime rate we could meet up in the after noon hang out have some drinks their ( secretly if neccesary hehe) play an event or couple of events for the swag prizes then head out for dinner and drinks and call it a night ?

or we can do meet up in the afternoon hang out converse play a bit, go for dinner, come back and do some events and drinking in the conference room to everyone slowly crawls off to bed or to a taxi in my case hehe

not sure if they do a hourly rate or day rates or how that works.

i think id prefer it be a all day thing id be their noon or so so people can slowly trickle in, going for dinner and drinks then back to play some more events.. since we are having people come from quite the distance as it seems .

so if u can see what it cost for a full day/night dearate 12pm to 2am, day rate 12 to 6?,

you can probably car pool me us moogle if we go.

yea is this an Only Canadian thing cause not that far for ppl from detroit way either.

i dont see why we have to limit it to just Canadians id say any willing to get here are welcome to join ;)

Rex ur going to drive to ... NEw york ? pick up moogle then drive back.. ?
you are a better man then I :laugh: :silly2:

Back