A second account on the same IP

explicit8

Provider
Society
Greeks United
My wife would like to start an account on the forum but we are using the same computer. I wonder if it is possible to do that on the same IP address.

Me and my wife is doing just that...

dunno maybe i should send a support case telling them, dunno

have been working this far

please let me know if you got any news?

Me and my sister have two accounts on the same IP address (which is networked) the accounts have to have separate emails address. 100% of!

She started her account much latter then I did, so think there is a time period where they watch for your ip (not 100% sure of this one) so you might not be able to make a legitimate (legal) account in a certain time period because of this… Like I said im not 100 sure of this one.

I do know that me and my sister can play at the same time via our 3 pc network w/o any problems…. :)

It should be noted:

Its against EULA to have two accounts for yourself.

Its legal to have other real life people have there own account from the same IP address.

I gotta figure this out because she d like to visit the forum. Thats what the forum is here for right? Maybe I should send a support case to MA.

I thought I asked this from support but when I did browse through my submitted support cases I didn't find any related to this issue. There shouldn't be problems when logging on from same ip. We have tried this with 4 computers using same external ip and everything was fine. No kick/ban from MA.

If you ask support about this, let us know. There can be some others online who have the same question in their mind as you have.

My wifes younger brother plays on my comp from time to time with his acc. No problem so far.

We have tried one time (got loads of friends with accounts in my friends house on the network) all on the same IP address, this was a test with all new accounts of people that just checked out the game and didn't like it so no harm done here.

I think most of the accounts have been locked because as MA said in support: "There have been too many accounts on your IP"

I think the limit is 10 accounts or something, don't worry about 2, I've been playing with my brother for over 2,5 years on the same IP too.

MA has nothing to do with granting/denying forum accounts. This forum is run independently by 711 - if you are having problems with the forum then you need to contact him (PM works).

Can also confirm that it is possible to play with more than one account from same IP - my wife and I do it all the time.

I gotta figure this out because she d like to visit the forum. Thats what the forum is here for right? Maybe I should send a support case to MA.

This is a "fan made" forum, there is no official EU forum, so no idea to send to MA.

Are we talking Entropia Forum (EF) or Entropia Universe (MA) here?

They are totaly different enteties you know.
MA support answers no questions about EF and vice versa.

Had same problem some yrs ago before my wife got her own PC. MA support wrote that "it shouldn`t be a problem". ATM my wife plays using my pc to so we run two avis on one machine few days a month when her PC is used for different purposes.

MA is not a problem

One of my housemates has an account with MA. There is no problem with MA. The only problem I had was when she got interested in EF. When she applied for an account here, we both got banned by EF. The IP address checker is very strict. Make sure that you contact 711 and let him know about the second account and who it belongs to. If you do get banned, have a friend pm him. Once you are banned, especially if you are an unknown, it seems that the support messages get routed to the trash file. LOL As far as MA is concerned two accounts for one person are not allowed, but MA does know that a household that plays together, pays together. My housemate does not have a computer that can handle the graphics of this game. So she has to talk me out of playing to get on. Needless to say her play time is limited. LOL

Last edited:
My wife tried to make a forum account and she got banned!. At the same time i wasnt able to log in the forum for a couple of hours. I kept getting the message i was banned for ever.! I sent an email to an administrator asking what the hell is going on and why am i banned for ever. I never got an answer but i was able to log back in. My wife never tried to log in the forum again. Now isnt this a nice way to kick some one off your yard for ever or what.

ofc it will be allowed, otherwise you wont be able to play EU/PE on LAN etc etc and i know many ppl (inc. me) that does.

Me and my sister have two accounts on the same IP address (which is networked) the accounts have to have separate emails address. 100% of!

She started her account much latter then I did, so think there is a time period where they watch for your ip (not 100% sure of this one) so you might not be able to make a legitimate (legal) account in a certain time period because of this… Like I said im not 100 sure of this one.

I do know that me and my sister can play at the same time via our 3 pc network w/o any problems…. :)

It should be noted:

Its against EULA to have two accounts for yourself.

Its legal to have other real life people have there own account from the same IP address.

YES THT IS TRUE, AND YOUR SIGNITURE IS WICKED!

My wife tried to make a forum account and she got banned!. At the same time i wasnt able to log in the forum for a couple of hours. I kept getting the message i was banned for ever.! I sent an email to an administrator asking what the hell is going on and why am i banned for ever. I never got an answer but i was able to log back in. My wife never tried to log in the forum again. Now isnt this a nice way to kick some one off your yard for ever or what.

Members are only allowed one account on EntropiaForum.com. We have a continual problem with people creating multiple accounts here on EF (usually to spam the forum, or to bid up items in the trading section, or to 'trashtalk' anonymously).

We have therefore setup an advanced system to detect multiple users from the same computer and/or IP address. When a duplicate account attempts to register, the account is automatically banned, however the older account is not. I have checked your account history, and it has never been banned.

While this approach may seem a bit stringent, it saves a lot of work for the moderators, as well as helping to protect honest members from those who might fiddle with sales threads.

In cases like yours, with two legitimate participants in the same household, we will unban the second account.

Please send me your wife's EntropiaForum account username via private message.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

For future reference, any issues relating to the forum itself should be posted in the About EntropiaForum section, not here in EntropiaUniverse General Discussion. This will help avoid the confusion seen in this thread, where members who were trying to offer assistance thought you were talking about EntropiaUniverse accounts, not EntropiaForum accounts.

Members are only allowed one account on EntropiaForum.com. We have a continual problem with people creating multiple accounts here on EF (usually to spam the forum, or to bid up items in the trading section, or to 'trashtalk' anonymously).

In cases like yours, with two legitimate participants in the same household, we will unban the second account.

Please send me your wife's EntropiaForum account username via private message.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I think you handled this very well , also I too was confused about what was being asked and thought it was for multiple accounts on EU not ef.

It would be nice if maybe some where in the registration process it told people that only one account could be used from one system / IP address; that to run more then one account would need special permission from the administrator to allow other accounts for other family members like wife , husband, child or sibling.

I have the same question and I read all kinds pof different stuff about ti some people say iots ok others say its a direct ban and others say its a direct ban if you trade with eachother.
Myself I've been playing entropia for like 3 years now and I just moved in with a friend (living on your own is so expensive here in Belgium). He saw me playing entropia and well he started to play aswell. I gave him some minor items wich I don't think where a big deal like an opalo and healing device to get him started (in my society they said it was ok) but now he wants to invest in a couple of cld's so I was wondering what can be done on the same ip as we both have invested money in the game we don't want to get banned.
I'm also his mentor :D

well tbh this thread hasn't answered my question yet and online I see lots of different statements.

So my main question is: what can and can't be done on the same IP (well as some people said before it IS legal for 2 persons to play on the same IP but there have to be some boundries yes?)

Shamshe, please note that this thread is not about having two accounts at the same IP address for the game.
It's only about this forum.

And for that, the situation has not changed since 711's post above:
. Your flatmate can certainly have his own account here.
. If, however, it is clear that an additional account is being used by the same person, the additional account may be banned.
. Where appropriate, such as if the additional account is being used to violate forum rules, the original account may also be temp-banned.
. Repeated creation of additional accounts (particularly during a temp-ban period) may result in the original account being permanently banned.

However, with regard to the game, as far as I'm aware:
. Two or more people may play from the same IP address.
. Where MindArk has a concern about the use of more than one account at the same IP, they can request that one or more account holders provide RL identification documents.

My son and I have been running separate accounts on the same IP for more than 2 years now with no problem. In the past some of my soc members have have taken PC's to the same house and IP address and run team hunts so there were 4 people playing from the same IP address.

Back