A thought on Oil Rig as it is

Laradon

Guardian
Hi there,
I created my account in 2005 and had a big break until a few weeks ago.
As i wanted to check out things, i took a look at the new oil rig and noticed it being kinda one sided and unfair in terms of Risk and Reward.
Back then the Oil of the Rig only spawned on 1 spot, so u were able to catch some of it from Uber players who guarded it, after some time of trying.
Now the Oil spawns in a wide area and you need lots of time to search for it, thus being killed while looking for it every time. Your chances of success are close to Zero now and you will probably waste a lot of time there. The other people at rig grouped up between themselves, so no one can even try to get them out of the rig and they would be back after death in a few seconds.
Their risk of getting Oil is close to zero, while they get tons of oil each day as reward. On the other Hand the risk of a Oil stealer is incredibly high to waste alot of time and their reward is zero.
A service provided to all shouldnt be designed to only reward a few with no risk taken. The Old Oil Rig with the one spawn spot made it possible to invest some time even if u are new and get at least some reward.

So i suggest:
1. Increase Respawn time in Oil Rig area to 5 min, so you are able to at least shoot those players out of there if u got some people.
or 2. Make the oil spawn on one spot again, so the risk of the oil being stolen is like it was back then.

As it is, it seems to be a gift for a certain player base instead of a gift to all

regards

i hang at oil rig almost everyday , the rig as it is now is more friendly to "sneak in and steal" like never before.

in the old days with 1 spot spawn , there was close to 0 chance of sneaking in , now you have a wide area AND no radar.

id say youll have more chances today than ever before.

cheers

ermik

If it spawns in one location wouldn't that just allow those that are there to kill the oil gatherers to just sit on that one spot all day long since they know exactly where they'll all be headed?

I doubt that, its actually easier to guard that whole area and spot someone running around to search for oil for a minute, then to guard 1 spot with random drops every single second while people could rush in from their hidespot or jump down from the tower onto the rig. The jammed radar is nice though.

I doubt that, its actually easier to guard that whole area and spot someone running around to search for oil for a minute, then to guard 1 spot with random drops every single second while people could rush in from their hidespot or jump down from the tower onto the rig. The jammed radar is nice though.

Every party needs a pooper that's why they invited you~~
Party poopeeer~~
Party poopeeer~~

Haha, yea makes sense for a thief "oil stealer" (your words) to want only one area to break in. And to top it of, OBVIOUSLY every "smart" thief wants a spot light (oil teams) focused right on that area LMAO. Dude sounds to me you confused between wanting a challenge and wanting dodge ;)

It's free money... why should it be easy to grab it?

The people who are at the oil rig are there not to make profit, they are there to hang around, socialize or just piss of people who want to grab free PEDs...

... to me it seems the new oil rig is way better than the old one.

Increase the area instead and force all player to move around more! That's way more fun. More and smaller oil spawns might also be good since that will increase the chances to steal some.

It's free money... why should it be easy to grab it?

The people who are at the oil rig are there not to make profit, they are there to hang around, socialize or just piss of people who want to grab free PEDs...

... to me it seems the new oil rig is way better than the old one.

agree ...
only think... its to easy to reach the rig. In the past for a noob it was quiet hard to reach the rig w/o dying.

- so remove the dessert
- add some aggro mobs
- build a jungle around (its boring if you can look 200meter over a flat land

Hi there,
The other people at rig grouped up between themselves, so no one can even try to get them out of the rig and they would be back after death in a few seconds.
Their risk of getting Oil is close to zero, while they get tons of oil each day as reward. On the other Hand the risk of a Oil stealer is incredibly high to waste alot of time and their reward is zero.
regards

'the other people' don't spend a lot of time at the rig?

As others who have a clue already has said, it is alot harder to defend the rig now from sneaky oil grabbers :D

When I was noob(ier), there was 0% chance for me to grab oil, unless the riggers wanted me to, since they could concentrate on that one spot.

ahhh... too hard to get free money, pls make it easier! :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:
:dunce:

People who think its easier now, prob. havent tried it or dont have to ;). In fact i tried it for 10hrs of gametime over these weeks and havent even spotted a barrel of oil before getting shot. Back in the days even with Ubers standing around the rig, the thing spawned, they didnt react in time and you took it with pickup hotkey right under their legs. Usually took an average around 3 hours to finally get your reward. Now you have to roam the open area to search, get spotted, get shot and then its over because they are aware that you'll be back.

If you want to steal sthg from a guarded area isn't it better to know where you have to search and get close while hiding instead of running around an open field searching for an item that can be anywhere and alert the guards? Try it yourself imo its alot harder now even with radar jammed.

I like the idea of Wowbagger too, wider area and more but smaller spawns. Maybe let it spawn on the other side of the tower too.

And onto the comment why free money should be easy to grab, well it shouldn't be. In those 10 hours i've been there, there wasnt any competition on the oil, they could freely grab the stuff with noone approaching, probably because it's useless to fight over it because of the 15 seconds it takes to revive Fap and tele back in. The only battles were duels among themselves. At least something could be done to increase the competition like the longer revive i proposed.

Now you may think it's only about the greed for free money. In the time i've been around that area i found natural stones worth more then 100 PED, so if its about money one can do that too with better reward then stealing oil.
The reason i really created the thread was to get it back to a place were lotsa people hang out and try their luck, not just a selected few who are part of the "insert a random secret organization here".

As the oil rig is now it is so much easier for anyone to steal my oil then it ever was in the old days :eyecrazy:

..... :smoke:

The old rig was a turkey shoot. The new rig you have to keep your head on a swivel.
the old one, someone with an ml-35/45/tango/*stalker and pick off the green dots as they come in range.

new one, there is cover, lots of places to sneak in from, no more radar so you have to look to see people.
its much more friendly if you want to be sneaky, to guard or to raid.

i hang at oil rig almost everyday , the rig as it is now is more friendly to "sneak in and steal" like never before.

in the old days with 1 spot spawn , there was close to 0 chance of sneaking in , now you have a wide area AND no radar.

id say youll have more chances today than ever before.

cheers

ermik

Totaly agree with this! :wise:

/Oz

the only time i was ever successful at getting any oil was one time when the Umbranoid suits were invisible :p I sneaked in and just stood off to the side of some of the people there and an oil appeared just to the side of me. I took it quietly after all being pretty much naked around a buncha pvp types is a silly place to be under any circumstances. Not remeber how much it was but was my only oil score there ever :p

Yes I know that was an exploit and I could probably be account blocked for it but confession is good for the soul.

the only time i was ever successful at getting any oil was one time when the Umbranoid suits were invisible :p I sneaked in and just stood off to the side of some of the people there and an oil appeared just to the side of me. I took it quietly after all being pretty much naked around a buncha pvp types is a silly place to be under any circumstances. Not remeber how much it was but was my only oil score there ever :p

Yes I know that was an exploit and I could probably be account blocked for it but confession is good for the soul.

Lol that's genius in my opinion.

I liked the old rig better personally. Just saying....I agree with him...let it go back to one small spawn area so I don't have to run around anywhere.

The fact that we hate the new rig setup, and it's easier for nibs to get oil is immaterial to MA/SVW. What is important to them is that with the larger spawn area, we give them more decay. Period. This is why we hate them.

The rig is ace as it is, I always die teh few times I go there, its almost as if some poeple don't like the soc I am in or something although a lot of the time I think when I do get shot there it is a genuine error in the direction of the shooters weapon, I mean who would actualy want to kill somebody so purple on a purpose!

Because I feel the plight Laradon I think the best solution is simply for everybody to drop oil by him in game and pretend they don't notice it being "stolen" this will not only make them feel good in helping somebody be happy but will also ensure that he feels the thrill of being a sneaky theif.

;)

Because I feel the plight Laradon I think the best solution is simply for everybody to drop oil by him in game and pretend they don't notice it being "stolen" this will not only make them feel good in helping somebody be happy but will also ensure that he feels the thrill of being a sneaky theif.

;)

Hehe :D, still working on stealing each day :) maybe next week i have more luck. Kinda noticed sthg bad for ppl with less hardware power. Avatar Quality settings at low also decrease the view distance of em :( (playing on notebook) . I wrote a support ticket on that one, because i think sight range should be an extra option there, otherwise its hard to avoid getting shot if they can see you at x10 the distance :). Well Fps still works to steal if i put it on very high once at the rig .

..meh rig is fine with the spawns and mobs.

-I'd go with a wider area though, that completely encompasses the rig ground.
-Forbid dragging non-group Health bars
-Forbid Auto-fire.
-Forbid shooting through walls, people, and other random assortment of debris.
-(Food for thought) Manually operated turret guns on rig platforms to kill roaming / trained mobs.

The hunt for noob oil thieves should be a challenge and so should finding oil.

..meh rig is fine with the spawns and mobs.

-I'd go with a wider area though, that completely encompasses the rig ground.
-Forbid dragging non-group Health bars
-Forbid Auto-fire.
-Forbid shooting through walls, people, and other random assortment of debris.
-(Food for thought) Manually operated turret guns on rig platforms to kill roaming / trained mobs.

The hunt for noob oil thieves should be a challenge and so should finding oil.

Dude its already easy to sneak into the rig if you have more than ten brain cells.

And most the time you wont even get shot unless your sniffing around when its oil time. Its a waste of ammo.

Unless you have the spawn times down, and get lucky with finding the drop, kiss the little dribble of ped goodbye.

Mind you.... theres peeps there 24/7. So its not like its abandoned anytime. And if it feels like it is, its not Oil time.

Exactly, rig is fine just how it is. Maybe a needs some mob again. Then again would you rather have it like this ? beer kegs as far as the eye can see.....

Holy Crap ! Just reading this post and i find his hand in my pocket > Try a small deposit instead before asking for freebies.

Holy Crap ! Just reading this post and i find his hand in my pocket > Try a small deposit instead before asking for freebies.

somehow you didnt read it right, i have enough cash :) around 1k+ and rising, im more interested for rly new players with 0 cash to have a chance, thus im testing how long it takes as of now to grab 1 keg and will report it to em if i succeed. Still not btw.

ah and to cobra on: "And most the time you wont even get shot unless your sniffing around when its oil time. Its a waste of ammo". , wonder how often uve been there :D there are lotsa players who shoot you for fun as often as they can, they even stalk you sometimes with heli if you try to leave the desert or they try to add you to friendlist to get your status bar and shoot you on sight. ( I kinda made the mistake of letting one add me so i know ;) )

Ah right just checked same as friendlist they add you to their vehicle guest list, guess u can drag status bar from there too :p

Last edited:
Back