Question: A tricky one about chipping

In Love With

Elite
Beautiful SerraAngel Angel
Hello all,

last year I've chipped out completly and as so many of those, never left the game but started reskilling, so my next milestone on the way back to where I was is coolness.

Coolness atm is red so afaik not contributing towards anything. Say I chip in 2000 Coolness (at 5% laser hit contribution, it should raise my laster hit standing a full level, right?) ... So if I was level 39, would I relog coolness?

I do know that if I had 6k in coolness and was level 42 (so without coolness 39) I would still have the skill open, but now that it is locked I don't know whether or not I would open it again?

Do I make sense to anyone, and if could someone enlighten me on this one?

thanks
Angel

Coolness atm is red so afaik not contributing towards anything. Say I chip in 2000 Coolness (at 5% laser hit contribution, it should raise my laster hit standing a full level, right?) ... So if I was level 39, would I relog coolness?

I doubt that you could actually chip in Coolness while it's red.

I doubt that you could actually chip in Coolness while it's red.

you can ... at least when I look at chips in the auc it tells me to where it gets me. Also, you can chip out skills that are red (at least last year you could do that :)

Angel

I doubt that you Coolnes actually contributing towards anything while it's red.
You have to unlock it before it starts contribute towards HIT profession and HP.

Whoa interesting since it might not count.

Have you checked with chipping optimizer?

So you have your skills now including coolness, check you prof standing and then set coolness to 0 and see if it changes your prof standing.
Else You might want to try a tiny (but not tiny) coolness chip

Im really curious =)

Just use the jdegre chipping optimizer to tell you the cheapest way to lvl 40, then chip some coolness back in once you have unlocked it.

red skills don't contribute anything, and unlockable skills don't contribute to reach (or maintain) the unlock level, so your coolness cannot contribute to unlock coolness.

basically you cant re-unlock coolness by chipping in coolness,

edit. beaten by jdegre

red skills don't contribute anything, and unlockable skills don't contribute to reach (or maintain) the unlock level, so your coolness cannot contribute to unlock coolness.

That's very interested, AS if you was level 42 with 6k coolness (contributing 3 full levels) coolness would actually be the skill to maintain your level over 40 ...

Its also interested (and stupid in my case) that I can't chip in 2k coolness and push myself from level 39 to 40 ...

Oh well, thanks for the answers

Angel

That's very interested, AS if you was level 42 with 6k coolness (contributing 3 full levels) coolness would actually be the skill to maintain your level over 40 ...

there are two possibilities for that:
- you had, at that moment, other pro-standing levels above 40, without coolness
- 6000 coolness is 2.4 pro-standing levels in rifle, so if you were 42.4 - 42.9, you would've kept coolness

Its also interested (and stupid in my case) that I can't chip in 2k coolness and push myself from level 39 to 40 ...

Even if you could chip in coolness, you wouldn't gain any profession. You'd just shoot up a couple of profession levels once you re-unlocked it :)

there are two possibilities for that:
- you had, at that moment, other pro-standing levels above 40, without coolness
- 6000 coolness is 2.4 pro-standing levels in rifle, so if you were 42.4 - 42.9, you would've kept coolness

well, I was actually much higher with my skills but am contemplating now to chip in say 2k coolness to gain 5 very easy hp points ... Well, knowing now that it doesn't contribute (for as long as it is red) towards my professional standing I might wait till I actually relock it, and then chip it :)

Angel

Coolness atm is red so afaik not contributing towards anything. Say I chip in 2000 Coolness (at 5% laser hit contribution, it should raise my laster hit standing a full level, right?)

Read what you wrote. It is an oxymoron and the answer to your own question.

Is it even technical possible to chip in red out skills?

He's not called Jesus for nothing you know....as far as skills are concerned he's the man ;)

t

Back