A way to solve the range confusion

Sweety

Provider
Over the years of PE development, MA has been constantly questioned about the distance a monster is from us. Many have always wanted MA to create something that will help us do so, for example putting range display on scopes. The thing is that to do so, it will take far too many coding and its not that beneficial to MA (remember, they are a company) Therefore, today I have stumble upon a simple way to note the range confusion.
Well, I'm not sure if anyone has thought about this before and if there is one, then my apologies.

Let us begin then shall we.

I do agree that having the scopes display the distance of a monster may be a bit too much to work, however, there has always been something that tells us how far a monster is from us. That my friend, is the radar. It is very useful and the rings tells us how far they (the monsters) are from us. But there are just too little rings. How about putting a couple more rings and if possible, labelling the rings distance. If needed, sell several rings options in TT for like 5 ped each. For example, you can buy a 100m ring for 5 ped at TT and all it does is put another ring on the radar at the 100m range. I do not think this would be too much work as there are already several rings on the radar, plus the 5 ped TT value should be turned over to MA for their hard work and I do not think the players would mind buying a couple rings. (Could probably have something that can take out 1 of the rings too just in case ;) ) Just imagine, 1000 players buying 1 ring will be 500usd revenue, estimating at 3 purchases and the average avi amount of 15k, that would be.. 4500usd revenue for a couple ring codes! A new coffee machine for the hard working crew at MA :D

Okay, I'll stop blabbering about rings now lol, I'll see if I can enhance this wish later when new ideas pop up.

PS:To others that have wishes and just happen to read this, I would encouragement you to wish for something that will not only benefit the players, but MA as well! Try to make it simple too!

yes but, no-one would buy it :(

Anyone who has hunted more than 100ped with their gun will know where the max range is.. plus, are these rings refundable? if not, what if you change your gun, therefore needing a new ring - eventually your radar will be an absolute mess.

I think it would be wiser to ask MA to add 2 more rings to the radar ;)

Aio said:
yes but, no-one would buy it :(

Anyone who has hunted more than 100ped with their gun will know where the max range is.. plus, are these rings refundable? if not, what if you change your gun, therefore needing a new ring - eventually your radar will be an absolute mess.

I think it would be wiser to ask MA to add 2 more rings to the radar ;)

Huh? :confused:

I understood this as meaning that an extra 'range ring' would be added onto your radar.

This has nothing to do with your weapon :dunce:

It is motion detector/radar thingy...?

Or am i being the :dunce:

kalashi yes u are

ur weapen has a range> buy a ring fitting that range and u know what mobs u can take.....

but i do better like 2 more rings orso, cus otherwise my radar would indeed be a complete mess as i have 5 guns atm, and i know of people with like 20 guns :eek:

:wise:

Pretender said:
kalashi yes u are

ur weapen has a range> buy a ring fitting that range and u know what mobs u can take.....

but i do better like 2 more rings orso, cus otherwise my radar would indeed be a complete mess as i have 5 guns atm, and i know of people with like 20 guns :eek:

:wise:

Well no then....the radar is set it doesnt change :confused:

Only the range of your weapon changes

What has Radar to do with weapon range?

the rings on the radar are set ranges ie outer = 60

again am i missing something?

range.jpg

this highly accurate chart :wise: ( :dunce: ) shows ranges of some of my weapons...

Last edited:
the ring system was you buy extra rings as say, 70, 75, 80, 85 range etc.

What i meant was, that if you cant remove the rings, then every time you get a new weapon, it will have a different range, therefore another ring bought and added to the radar ;)

Aio said:
the ring system was you buy extra rings as say, 70, 75, 80, 85 range etc.

What i meant was, that if you cant remove the rings, then every time you get a new weapon, it will have a different range, therefore another ring bought and added to the radar ;)

Oh i c.....

So you buy a ring for radar displaying the 80 range mark? then u sell rifle and buy a 90 range rifle and you want ANOTHER ring on radar showing you 90 range?

got ya! :)

Honestly, I don't see the need for this. That may be just me personally but, I have no trouble detecting when a mob is within my range.

DD
:evilking:

LoL Kalashi.. :dunce: :silly2:

I really don't think this is too neccesary.. the radar and ranges are easy to figure out after a brief amount of hunting. If you're unsure of a new guns range then find a NPC and stand by it to get it's co-ordinates. Then walk directly N, W, S, or E untill you're however many meters away your gun can fire(keep pushing P), now look how far away the NPC is on your radar. There ya go. ;)

ZarathustrA said:
LoL Kalashi.. :dunce: :silly2:

I really don't think this is too neccesary.. the radar and ranges are easy to figure out after a brief amount of hunting. If you're unsure of a new guns range then find a NPC and stand by it to get it's co-ordinates. Then walk directly N, W, S, or E untill you're however many meters away your gun can fire(keep pushing P), now look how far away the NPC is on your radar. There ya go. ;)

woot! never thought of that!

(adds rep)

hrm this gave me some ideas'

1. Use a little piece of tape.
2. do some "photoshoping" with a screen shot and make a transparency sheet with your ranges on it. that will stick to your screen with static.

... I said there can be ways to take off some rings or something lol

The reason for this is because people arn't sure how far something is. Sure they can guess apprioxmately how far, but they can never be sure. Also, I've been reading this wish for a long time on EP boards so thats why I'm assuming many people will like this.

Also, the ring stays on the radar, not to the gun.. so theres not that much of a need to have a new ring all the time.

Finally, if you have a 95 range gun (imk2) just get 100 range and then 145 or 150 range (for your a2) then its fine... its just to show how far something is and a couple peds for a permenant ring I do not think it too much to ask for, after all.. who else is going to buy MA a coffee machine?? :D

Anyway, I'd like it. A ~140 range ring would be nice just for perfection :p
And with that ring you could easyer find out 150 or 130 w/o buying a new circle.

Back