Question: A103 vs A104

tilka

Old
Society
WildD3amons
tilka the freelancer
in my case using the P5(L) , the A104 only edges the A103 with 1,2 dmg/sec and 0,01 dmg/pec

so is this such a big difference ? because i cant justify the big MU difference

http://www.entropiatools.com/avgdmgpec.php

Last edited:
Prices for non-substitutable goods (goods that people think are different) are based on supply and demand.

There is a large demand for A103s, but there is also a large supply, so price is low. There is a large demand for A104s, but the supply is far less than the demand, so prices are high. If most people think the difference between A103s and A104s are slight, then their prices would be the same (substitutable). Since the prices are different, it tells us enough people don't think this way.

Note that I use the word "think" often, as prices are influenced by people's perception, which is fickle, rather than by any objective measurement.

in my case using the P5(L) , the A104 only edges the A103 with 1,2 dmg/sec and 0,01 dmg/pec

If you can't justify it, don't pay for a 104. ;)

Generally you will pay higher markup in an exponential way when it comes to damage & eco, like this:

You quickly get to a point where you have to pay lot more for a small increase, just look at the next amps in line A105, A106 etc.
It's upto you whether you can afford the outlay, but when it comes to UL amps there is a very high chance that you will get your money back when you decide to sell it again, as they dont drop anymore (or very very rarely).

You don't wanna buy an a104 but you'll spend 200+ ped for each L P5 that makes no sence...

if your going to use a weapon that can handle a bigger amp it only makes since to use them... Over time it pays for itself and will likely hold its price!

http://www.entropiatools.com/avgdmgpec.php

As an alternative, you could get E-13 or E-14 ... with E-14, you are 5.8% less eco but do 10.9% more dps compared to A104. For essentially free.

As an alternative, you could get E-13 or E-14 ... with E-14, you are 5.8% less eco but do 10.9% more dps compared to A104. For essentially free.

I wouldn't advice anyone to use the E-amps, the eco is pretty horrible :laugh:

If you can`t justify it yet then don`t. The damage different is slight. Maybe wait until you get a nice loot you can spare some of and then get one. Then again if you are repeatedly buying P5`s with markup all the time and intend to continue then maybe the outlay for an A104 could be justified. The prices on them are pretty stable thinking about selling down the road. But if you intend to stay with EU for a long time then the sooner the better. You`ll never get rid of an amp like that. I keep one of each up to the 104 for my laser weapons to be ready for any occcasion. I was also fortunate to get them years ago though.

That's true; there are few items as widely useful as energy amps to ranged hunters. I have at least one of all the A10x series and a couple A20x series amps for all my eco amping needs. :)

Hey.. a small difference is a big one in the long turn...

To make you see the differ i will recreate this in DMG.. how much dmg is it on a 100ped hunt?

these are all estimated on max dmg all the time.. (even the reduce)

So.. 100ped/cost*dmg = total dmg
or dmg/pec * 100 00 = total dmg (same thing.. will use)

will show example of both without amp to see its same..
so

Cost of P1a(L) with out amp:
100 00/9.938*41 = 41255dmg
or
100 00*4.126 = 41260dmg

with a103:
100 00*4.225 = 42250dmg

with a104:
100 00*4.238 = 42380dmg

with a204(what i use):
100 00*4.281 = 42810dmg

If you convert it back to peds.. (using that 4.126dmg/pec without amp..)

then
with a a103 you earn per 100ped:
990dmg/4.124 = 240pec = 2.405ped

with a a104 you earn per 100ped:
1120dmg/4.124 = 271pec = 2.716ped

with a a204 you earn per 100ped:
1550dmg/4.124 = 375pec = 3.758ped

For me this is a question about investment in both time and ped.. then its totaly worth it.. thinking you could sell it again..(lost to much thinking that way)

thanks for sorting me out , very useful answers allround

so if i'm wright ,and calculating with 180 ped MU , you need to burn 60k to be even ?

:shots:

BUY THE DAMN AMP!

:laugh:

If you can afford a better amp then by all means buy it.

As you said yourself, it's more eco AND more dps!

More dps means less time being attacked by a mob. This will also help you save abit of money =)

One small argument i haven't heard here (and maybe it doesn't apply to you), is that the 104 breaks less quickly then the 103 meaning you can stay out longer hunting :) But as with the eco and dps the difference is small again.

Back