Abandoned the atrox bronze mission.

Mariko Ninja

Prowler
Society
The Gladiators
Mariko Ninja Torranaga
Hello all,

Yes you read it right, I have abandoned the atrox bronze mission.
I will no longer hunt any atrox, I’m done with them thanks to Mindark.
The past three years I have skilled to be able to hunt the bigger atrox.
But now again I am forced again to hunt below my level.

I went to AOL #02 with my VTOL and started hunting at the revival.
For the entire 400ped hunt I stood a few meters outside the turrets range,
being bombarded with respawns, I didn’t have to move at all.

Why don’t we just get rid of all Land Areas and spawn those puckers at storage ?
Same thing happened at Ithaca and Jurra Plateu. I do not mind respawns at all from time to time,
but this is just insane. So I am now no longer able to hunt the size atrox that I want to hunt.
Instead I have to shoot what Mindark throws at me, thanks Mindark for not thinking.

Sorry just had to get this off my chest, I’m so fed up with all these nerfs.

Enjoy whatever you do ...

Mariko.

Last edited:
I agree here. I tend to hunt below my level on argos or drones for example - I'm getting tired of making sure I fap a little extra between kills just in case I get 5 extra spawns in the few seconds it takes to kill the first mob! I can't imagine the frustration when hunting larger mobs.

In the end its more decay = more ped spent.:scratch2:

So in your world Events on Land Areas would be over in 5 minutes due to there being no more mobs to kill?
I've hunted at Ithaca and I HATE having to walk around looking for a mob to kill.
I go to LA02 or LA40 to kill Atrox because I'm not spending 25% of my time walking around looking for mobs.

Actually i have noticed that mobs spawn MOSTLY around players (by mostly i mean 90% of mobs spawned are only in a radar reach of green dot). They seem to spawn in waves (3-10 mobs) each ~7-13 minutes from what i have noticed.

Try standing somewhere for a while - after about 45-60 minutes there will be lot of red dots around you... go 300 metters in any direction and you will find that there are not so many there. Wierd? Coincedence? I do not think so.

This is why usually there is high density of mobs around revive spots - because one afk person for 60 minutes is enough to spawn swarm of red dots.

This situation seem to happen since one update just before Xmas. In my opinion it is MA reaction for players who do not want to look and move for next mobs and this way they can get a lot of mobs in one spot easily.

(As far as i remember before that update mobs used to spawn in much rare perioids: 1 hour - 1 day and not all at once but one mob per some time for some perioid - in my opinion it was way better).

Falagor
:bandit:

This situation seem to happen since one update just before Xmas. In my opinion it is MA reaction for players who do not want to look and move for next mobs and this way they can get a lot of mobs in one spot easily.

They altered the spawn rate (I reckon) so that there were enough Corns,Feffs,Scips & Evisc this year during Merry Mayhem, it seems they forgot to lower the respawn rate after the event.

Last edited:
The land is that small that near revival is the only spot with mobs? :scratch2:

The respawn now is so freking good... the best thing that have been done over the last yeras... :yay:

So in your world Events on Land Areas would be over in 5 minutes due to there being no more mobs to kill?
I've hunted at Ithaca and I HATE having to walk around looking for a mob to kill.
I go to LA02 or LA40 to kill Atrox because I'm not spending 25% of my time walking around looking for mobs.

I don't know if you understand about what respawn I'm talking. Not the ones that refill the entire spawn,
but those that attack the hunter. The assassin respawn is what I mean, the one that respawns
to attack the player.

When I'm hunting atrox, I like to be able to move around and pick the atrox that I want to hunt.
Instead of standing around and shooting down the providers and olds that respawn on me.

This profession is called "hunting", no need to turn this into a crafting clone standing on auto-use-tool in
one spot. If that is what we want, MA can remove 80% of the land on planet calypso.

And I do not pucking care, if you are to pucking lazy to walk around, since when are you alone in this game ?
It worked fine in the old engine and did in here untill MM, then they pucked this profession up.

Sorry if I’m a bit harsh, but this one really ticks me off. I have swallowed all the nerfs in the past, as I understood mostly the reason why they were introduced. The clothes, armor equipment fees. The regeneration nerf of ambulimax and Atrox and later other creatures like feffoid and allophyl. The introduction of more (L) armor like Boar, that cost me 50% of the markup on my unlimited boar.

I do understand the need for entire spawns to refresh fast, not denying that. However last night I when I did my hunt on AOL #02, the only respawns I saw on my radar where those that attacked me, the rest of the field didn’t refresh. So now I’m no longer to tag the guardians, dominants and alpha’s. Those however I want to hunt as they give me better skill gains then young, mature, old and providers. During events, which I loved to do on AOL #02 and was great fun. These respawns are not so much a big deal as I’m not alone there, then respawns tend to run between hunters.

Recently I tried scipulor on Medusa’s Head, same thing happened and I got send to the revival quit a few times. So I took scipulor of my hunting list and will hunt them when I’m higher skilled and can handle three to five at the time. I accept that I’m only a skilled noob and cannot hunt whatever I feel like. For me hunting is the only profession that gives me a decent return, I tried mining and I’m now a level 22 prospector. In mining I have hit 3 globals in 2008, two in 2010 and one hof in 2010. In general mining for me is a sure loss.
Crafting I have done, only very little.

So now I can still solo hunt atrox, but standing in one spot, killing all the respawns that appear within the inner circle of my radar. Eating more decay on my armor, because during the entire hunt, at least one extra atrox is hitting me. And losing out on skill gains as I cannot hunt the higher atrox as much as I want. I do understand Mindark needs to generate more income, but this isn’t the right way.

Last edited:
Maybe it is a nice idea to add a respawn rate at the event terminal.
Or even better make respawn within an area dynamic based on the activity.

I had to activate 6 DNA on my molisk area to support the weekly molisk event to make sure there were enough.

Atami

i may be wrong, but mobs rarely spawn outside the LA the DNA is assigned to i guess, if they spawn at all
the spawn you describe seems to be pretty thick, does that apply to the borders too?

if yes, you could try to stand outside the LA and tag the stuff from the inside?

just a workaround, dunno if that helps

also, havent hunted much to find huge spawns lately, so cant say much more about that

I had to activate 6 DNA on my molisk area to support the weekly molisk event to make sure there were enough.

Atami

I do understand the need for good spawns on an LA, love that too.
But not talking about the standard respawn. As soon as I enter an atrox LA or area with atrox.
Atrox start to respawn within my attack range. These have nothing to do with the normal spawn rate
that you setup in the terminals.

i may be wrong, but mobs rarely spawn outside the LA the DNA is assigned to i guess, if they spawn at all
the spawn you describe seems to be pretty thick, does that apply to the borders too?

if yes, you could try to stand outside the LA and tag the stuff from the inside?

just a workaround, dunno if that helps

also, havent hunted much to find huge spawns lately, so cant say much more about that

It's not only on LA's, but also happens south east of Ithaca, and at Jurra Plateu. I go to these places to hunt the bigger trox, yet I hardly can, as I'm swamped with mostly atrox old and provider respawns. For big trox I use martial+5b and Isis cb26 (L), now pointless because of these respawns.

It is not only related to atrox, only much more frequent on atrox. Same thing happens at Neas now with ambulimax, only at an acceptable rate.

Last edited:
nope, read it last night and again this morning and i still dont get it. you are complaining because there is too high a spawn rate while trying to do a mission? :scratch: most have the exact opposite problem.

also dont understand why you'd go to Jurra for Bronze challenge that requires Guadian +, theres mayb 1 in a 100.

presumably LA 02 has a high density set, because for most hunters that the best way to be. keep shooting, non stop. standing still with constant supply of mobs is perfect for high intensity killing. if you'd rather take it slow, find a slower/less dense spawn or hunt them from the edge of the spawn (easy to do with a LA)

Actually i have noticed that mobs spawn MOSTLY around players (by mostly i mean 90% of mobs spawned are only in a radar reach of green dot). They seem to spawn in waves (3-10 mobs) each ~7-13 minutes from what i have noticed.

Try standing somewhere for a while - after about 45-60 minutes there will be lot of red dots around you... go 300 metters in any direction and you will find that there are not so many there. Wierd? Coincedence? I do not think so.

This is why usually there is high density of mobs around revive spots - because one afk person for 60 minutes is enough to spawn swarm of red dots.

are you a miner? because i dont think a hunter would say any of this. ;) nothings changed, except the spawn rates in some places. mobs respawn at specific points, yes in waves across groups of respawn points, anything from a few minutes to hours. if they seem to appear next to your position its because you are in the middle of a spawn. stand on the edge of a spawn and you can see a clear line usualy (if its dense enough). CP and high spawn LA you can see a mob respawn at the same spot over and over and has always done so. you must be using a hunting ground that has had a tweak up in density?

Pertaining to this topic, I keep hearing that you shouldn't hunt respawns. Is this true? Im just trying to understand the logic behind this theory. In a 12 man hunt today that I was in I kept having people say that we are killing respawns, we need to move. Why is this? The first HOF I ever got was a 891pedder off a argo young that spawned right on top of me.

Is there any evidence to support that hunting respawns is a bad thing?

nope, read it last night and again this morning and i still dont get it. you are complaining because there is too high a spawn rate while trying to do a mission? :scratch: most have the exact opposite problem.

also dont understand why you'd go to Jurra for Bronze challenge that requires Guadian +, theres mayb 1 in a 100.

presumably LA 02 has a high density set, because for most hunters that the best way to be. keep shooting, non stop. standing still with constant supply of mobs is perfect for high intensity killing. if you'd rather take it slow, find a slower/less dense spawn or hunt them from the edge of the spawn (easy to do with a LA)

At Jurra, or better close to Jurra, one minor TP south east, there is an area that has big atrox, mostly guardian up to prowler and the few rare stalkers. Same as south east of Ithaca, great spot to hunt the big atrox. ;)

It ticks me off that when I go there to hunt the atrox dominant up to prowler, buy for this martial and an Isis CB26 (L). Then when I arrive there I get swamped with atrox old and provider respawns mostly. Preventing me to do what I came there to do, hunt the bigger atrox. So my martial and cb26 is waisted on atrox that I could hunt in ghost with apis. It is not that there are not enough atrox or too much, just can't get to them as I'm stuck and surrounded by the smaller respawns. Before this change I could go there, clear and area and tag the Alpa's, Old Alpha's and Prowlers. Sure I would get respawns, but not at this rate. I hunt these big atrox not for the peds, I hunt them for the thrill and the skills. Standing between 10 to 20 atrox young blasting away with hardly the need to heal, tends to get boring at times.

Pertaining to this topic, I keep hearing that you shouldn't hunt respawns. Is this true? Im just trying to understand the logic behind this theory. In a 12 man hunt today that I was in I kept having people say that we are killing respawns, we need to move. Why is this? The first HOF I ever got was a 891pedder off a argo young that spawned right on top of me.

No as far as I can tell, there is no difference. In fact the best atrox I looted was an atrox provider that respawned on me, it gave me a 22k hof. ;)

Last edited:

NO evidence at all ...hearsay.... they often work or me if not better:D

superstition. sometime a newly spawned mob is poor loot. sometimes its better loot. i have the opposite superstition, kill the respwns as maybe they were put there for me :ahh::laugh:

At Jurra, or better close to Jurra, one minor TP south east, there is an area that has big atrox, mostly guardian up to prowler and the few rare stalkers. Same as south east of Ithaca, great spot to hunt the big atrox. ;)

ah, wasnt aware of this spawn (im only hunting the little'uns at the moment). still, try VTOLing to the other side of the spawn area to see if you can get the edge of the spawn, hopfully free of the lower maturities. sounds to me the spot you go to is set to a lower maturity, if near a turret i think that causes higher spawn rate as they get killed (not sure if this does happen...)

:D

Try hunting spiders then...Can be a bloody nightmare.

But I persist.

Don't give up.

Regarding the OP, you did several stupid things and I will try to point out some of them.

1. You went into tax.
2. To hunt big mobs that can be found elsewhere untaxed ( mine more, you'll find them ).
3. Tried to hunt near a turret.
4. Got swarmed by high aggression mobs instead of picking them one by one from outside their respawn zone. One can hunt this way if you have stellar dps, you obviously do not.
5. Complained to MA about 1-4, when they had NOTHING to do with it, it's mostly you, and a bit of blame to the LA owner.
6. Canceled your Atrox Bronze mission, like the above it was your choice.

Really now, you're like one of *those* kids who throw tantrums while crying and squirming on the floor.

I hate MA as much as the next guy but they had nothing to do with this...

Wow... I'm glad you abandoned it voluntarily...
When I saw the title of the thread I thought you might have accidently clicked abandon mission in the quest log :eyecrazy:

Little tip - if you want to hunt the way you've described, don't hunt on LA's

LA = Grind.

I agree with Op, i dont like mobs spawning in inner circle like it is now.
Workaround is to hunt LA mobs from outside LA's or on untaxed land from outside the spawn.

are you a miner? because i dont think a hunter would say any of this. ;) nothings changed, except the spawn rates in some places. mobs respawn at specific points, yes in waves across groups of respawn points, anything from a few minutes to hours. if they seem to appear next to your position its because you are in the middle of a spawn. stand on the edge of a spawn and you can see a clear line usualy (if its dense enough). CP and high spawn LA you can see a mob respawn at the same spot over and over and has always done so. you must be using a hunting ground that has had a tweak up in density?

Actually i have noticed this doing these three activities: hunting, solo sweat-huning, mining ;).

Hunting: LA49 for Neconu Slaughter. Before december 2010 i am 100% sure the respawn rate was about the same on whole LA (density was pretty much the same no matter where you were - and actually around revival it was way lower because people mostly started their hunts from there and cleared the spawn faster). Now if you will go there - the density on whole LA has lowered a bit (i would say 10-20%) and most mobs are around revival (seriously it is thick red circle sometimes there espetially that from time to time i see one person afking there probably for merps - south of there - evade skilling or something).
Most players are happy because they get more dense of mobs around them. Well i am not because i hunt those little fishdogs naked with m4a + A104 using method shoot-die-revive-drive back. Before december it was pleasurable thing to do because the waves of spawn came about one per 2 hours and now they spawn every 7-13 minutes and ONLY in my radar range (and others radar range of course too).

Sweat-hunting: south of Minopolis there is a good, not so dense spawn of mix small combibo + snarksnots. So far Combibo Young is best mob for solo afk sweat-hunting: low dmg and less attacks per minute and high hp = you can swap mobs about 5-7 minutes and do other stuff in meantime. Before december spawn was really rare - they spawned about few per hour in whole area (rectangle ~1500x500) and come in bigger waves once per week. Now the spawn if i am not there is about the same but no matter what place i choose to stay and sweat-dry-kill them after abotu 30 mintues there is abotu 3 times more mobs than when i came to the spot - it IS noticable ;).

Mining: as you can imagine mining in some easy agoring mobs is really hard already - but when you have 30% chance of spawning mob in your agro range every claim you extract is really annoying ;) (i have either add hunting to mining or choose places without any mobs or with very low agro).

I know that most people like this and then my vote means nothing ;). But you cant say that nothing has changed when actually the system has been changed (probably for MM like Mega sugested few post earlier ;)).

Falagor
:bandit:

Well, when you go hunt you are at least prepared for mobs. Just imagine this kind of respawn while miner is drilling out his claims - w/o armor or gun...
Or imagine newcomers without any chance against spawning bigger mobs...

Someone is shooting into his own leg here ... again lol

It ticks me off that when I go there to hunt the atrox dominant up to prowler, buy for this martial and an Isis CB26 (L). Then when I arrive there I get swamped with atrox old and provider respawns mostly. Preventing me to do what I came there to do, hunt the bigger atrox. So my martial and cb26 is waisted on atrox that I could hunt in ghost with apis. It is not that there are not enough atrox or too much, just can't get to them as I'm stuck and surrounded by the smaller respawns. Before this change I could go there, clear and area and tag the Alpa's, Old Alpha's and Prowlers. Sure I would get respawns, but not at this rate. I hunt these big atrox not for the peds, I hunt them for the thrill and the skills. Standing between 10 to 20 atrox young blasting away with hardly the need to heal, tends to get boring at times.

No as far as I can tell, there is no difference. In fact the best atrox I looted was an atrox provider that respawned on me, it gave me a 22k hof. ;)

That area east of Jurra is not "mostly" Dom+. It is young-stalker (stalkers rare). There is not a special "assassin" old/prov respawn, they are within the natural maturities there. There are many young-guard there, unfortunately.

I have noticed a higher respawn close to where I'm hunting though. Don't know what to tell you. I like it unless I'm hunting a mob that's difficult for me.

This profession is called "hunting", no need to turn this into a crafting clone standing on auto-use-tool in
one spot. If that is what we want, MA can remove 80% of the land on planet calypso.

Word!

I'm not sure if what I'm about to write now is related to MM or not as what ppl talked about on the first page of the thread. But on RT some time during the autumn many spawns got fucked, especially noticed this in the Pop Dragon spawn. Mobs spawned extremely fast and in huge masses. The spawn speed and assassin spawns was a mess similar to what Mariko talks about, then eventually it got better but still was bad. And now I've been hunting for some time on Calypso and I see similarities! I can't relate this to before MM on Calypso as I didn't hunt that much here before but something really needs to be looked over for the spawns...........

I agree with Op, i dont like mobs spawning in inner circle like it is now.
Workaround is to hunt LA mobs from outside LA's or on untaxed land from outside the spawn.

If you hunt from outside of LA spawn (near border, inside) then spawn rate is kinda low, still get the assassin spawns but not a big problem since less mobs. Then you kill these mobs of and advance into LA and spawn, and eventually you are screwed with 3-4 mobs on to you, often you are able to make it but then boom 4 of max maturity and you are fucked. so much for Dynamic, huh?!

Atami

I thought this was how it worked, obviously it does NOT, make it work like this!
Anyway I'm gonna stop whining and try to adopt next time I hunt many valid points in here and when I had the problem I hunted mobs that are hard for me, but then again something has changed and the assassin respawns are very noticeable and if you don't see it then its because you like it or you don't care or you even have a to good dps for what you hunt...

Conclusion you can't please everyone can you :rolleyes:

I agree with the problem with crazy respawns.. but its not even respawns..

I as you all know mainly mine.. I get at least 3 to 5 times a night a mob spawning not only in the inner circle but more or less right on my head. I even get this in the few remaining areas where no mobs spawn.

Id almost risk saying we are now on a timer that will auto spawn a mob at your location no matter where you are just so these bastards can get some piddly extra decays.

Back