About the new Participant Content screens...

Epictetus

Proprietor, Epic Enterprises
The price of them is outrageous. 80+ u.s. dollars just to have an empty canvas is too much and will prohibit the selilng of user content. I can go to a store in the real world and pay 4 dollars for an empty canvas.

And another thought: I get tired of seeing every new, exciting crafting item that comes out immediately made by Buzz Lightyear and put on auction at a high price.

There are other ways to reward him for his time and experience.

BUT NOT WITH PLAYER CONTENT TOOLS!!!!

The price of them is outrageous. 80+ u.s. dollars just to have an empty canvas is too much and will prohibit the selilng of user content. I can go to a store in the real world and pay 4 dollars for an empty canvas.

And another thought: I get tired of seeing every new, exciting crafting item that comes out immediately made by Buzz Lightyear and put on auction at a high price.

There are other ways to reward him for his time and experience.

BUT NOT WITH PLAYER CONTENT TOOLS!!!!

this man needs cheaps signs, who can help him? ;D

(and yes, fishing is cool ;) )

Wouldn't it have made more sense to release new Technician BP's for the screens, available to everyone at 0.01ped?

Components required to make RL canvas :
4 x (any) Board
1 x (any) Hide/cloth
16 x Basic Nails (basic screws work too)

Doesn't seem too complicated to translate this to EU.

At $80 per screen, it's likely we will see a world where the canvas is worth more than the content it carries.

80 $ US?? :eek: Forget it!!

Plus, check out the EULA:

"...As part of your interactions with the System, you may acquire, create, design, or modify Virtual Items, but you agree that you will not gain any ownership interest whatsoever in any Virtual Item, and you hereby assign to MindArk all of your rights, title, and interest in any such Virtual Item..."

"...You hereby grant MindArk the worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, right to exercise all intellectual property rights for any content you may upload to the Entropia Universe, including, but not limited to..."

As an artist, I can tell you right now there is NO WAY I'm uploading my work into EU, so MA can take it as their own and do whatever they want ($$$) with it !!!

What a joke! :rolleyes:

Spread the word people - READ THE EULA BEFORE YOU DO SOMETHING YOU'LL REGRET!

Good Luck,
Yirrk-The- Pissed-Off-Artist-Whose-IRL-Job-is-Working-In-A-Copyright-Office :cdevil:

80 $ US?? :eek: Forget it!!

Plus, check out the EULA:

"...As part of your interactions with the System, you may acquire, create, design, or modify Virtual Items, but you agree that you will not gain any ownership interest whatsoever in any Virtual Item, and you hereby assign to MindArk all of your rights, title, and interest in any such Virtual Item..."

"...You hereby grant MindArk the worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, right to exercise all intellectual property rights for any content you may upload to the Entropia Universe, including, but not limited to..."

As an artist, I can tell you right now there is NO WAY I'm uploading my work into EU, so MA can take it as their own and do whatever they want ($$$) with it !!!

What a joke! :rolleyes:

Spread the word people - READ THE EULA BEFORE YOU DO SOMETHING YOU'LL REGRET!

Good Luck,
Yirrk-The- Pissed-Off-Artist-Whose-IRL-Job-is-Working-In-A-Copyright-Office :cdevil:

The issue of the EULA is very interesting. We were informed that a new one would arrive to coincide with the new user-content "feature" (cough).
My loader still displays the old one.

I think MA have encountered a few real-world legal problems that cannot be nerfed.

MA can have the rights to my intellectual property when they pry it from my cold, dead cerebrum. ;)

Back