Question: About the new player missions on Caly Gateway?

AxeMurderer

Elite
Wand AxeMurderer Silva
1.So I finished it all and I have old rifle in my inventory that is quest item. Is this how it is suposed to work? Or I missed some quest? Or it is a bug?
2.I didn't recive weapon in the begining, but I got rifle almost in the end. Is this becouse I had weapon on me or it is some bug?

And btw very good mission MA. Little like FPS mission. Good job.

You are supposed to sell the rifle and buy 100 essence from tt.

hm I used peds to buy it.
that answer another question actually. Are you suposed to deposit to buy that 100 essence from TT?
So you can finish the mission without depositing. That's nice to know.

1.So I finished it all and I have old rifle in my inventory that is quest item. Is this how it is suposed to work? Or I missed some quest? Or it is a bug?
2.I didn't recive weapon in the begining, but I got rifle almost in the end. Is this becouse I had weapon on me or it is some bug?

And btw very good mission MA. Little like FPS mission. Good job.

Hi,

1) What Lars said is correct, it's purpose is to give the player something to sell to the trade terminal so that he can purchase something without depositing.

2) The new players receive a handgun in a cave that is placed between the startroom and the gateway, this cave is only accessible to new players.

Happy to hear that you liked the missions :)

Cheers

Hi,

1) What Lars said is correct, it's purpose is to give the player something to sell to the trade terminal so that he can purchase something without depositing.

2) The new players receive a handgun in a cave that is placed between the startroom and the gateway, this cave is only accessible to new players.

Cheers

I went to the start area with a Cold-IR and the ammo given during the quest was barely enough. If someone not new goes to the area to check it out and didn't have a weapon they will get stuck in the beginning of the quest.:dunce:

Also would be nice to give players a choice to go or not when you click the televator that takes you from PA. Not everyone will know what it is for and will click it of course and get sent someplace they have to Quest to get out of.:rolleyes:

It is a very nice quest but I am wondering how many players that do all the beginner quests will be the type that stay after since this is not a quest driven game.:(

I went to the start area with a Cold-IR and the ammo given during the quest was barely enough. If someone not new goes to the area to check it out and didn't have a weapon they will get stuck in the beginning of the quest.:dunce:(

I went with a blp weapon and forgot to take ammo, but I didn't get stuck. I just searched for a place with a TT (which I found at Camp Amundsen) and bought ammo there. I'm not too bright, so I'm sure others could figure it out too ;)

I went to the start area with a Cold-IR and the ammo given during the quest was barely enough.
Enough for what? The only mandatory kills are 3 chompers at the beginning, that's like 6-8 shots total with an opalo.

Enough for what? The only mandatory kills are 3 chompers at the beginning, that's like 6-8 shots total with an opalo.

They don't give a weapon to old players. So you have to use your own or one you buy from the Trade terminal that is further along in the mission chain so not easy to know where it is. If you go there with nothing then you have no weapon. If you go there with a dead melee weapon that needs to be repaired then you are out of luck with the few pecs of ammo they give. If you have a BLP weapon then again you have to be lucky enough to find the trade terminal that no one is going to expect to be there since it was not in the other start area that was made before this one. Also some weapons use that tiny bit of ammo with one shot. So what do you do then? Miss shot and you don't even get 1/3 kills. :dunce:

If you are going to the beginner area to test it then all players should get the pistol given out. Simple as that.:yup:

Other then this I enjoyed the mission chain and the new low level mobs.:girl:

They don't give a weapon to old players.
Old players should not jump into unknown televators without weapons and ammo :silly2:

In fact, yesterday I decided to test how long I could hold up on punies (there are fast trupidion and bery respawns S and SE from Helios Spaceport) with a full tt Rubio (L) and 1 ped ammo, and can't finish the test since then. Looted more Rubio, several Azuro and Protons and enough 1-3 pedders (from punies!) to keep shooting. Finished 100-500-1k puny Iron challenge along the way and am close to 5k :D

Even gifted guns and some ammo to a couple of newcomers who accidentally got that far out of the road, and delivered them to Lt. Smith :)

In fact, yesterday I decided to test how long I could hold up on punies (there are fast trupidion and bery respawns S and SE from Helios Spaceport) with a full tt Rubio (L) and 1 ped ammo, and can't finish the test since then. Looted more Rubio, several Azuro and Protons and enough 1-3 pedders (from punies!) to keep shooting. Finished 100-500-1k puny Iron challenge along the way and am close to 5k :D

Ah cool, I guess I should return then, I didn't find those mobs. When I went for Helios, the mobs in the area was Daikiba Cubs and Hiryuu Fledgelings (further away no mobs). I didn't loot any Rubios at all from the mobs I killed. I didn't see the Tripudions and Bercs though.

As for mining, there seems to be Belkar, Blausariam, Lysterium, Oil and Nexus in the ground (well generally).

In fact, yesterday I decided to test how long I could hold up on punies (there are fast trupidion and bery respawns S and SE from Helios Spaceport)

Can you give some more precise location of those? I've asked around and noone seems to have seen any puny mobs at all. Or check again, in case those are gone. (I should add that there appears to be some sort of invisible barrier just SE of Helios, probably to prevent people from slipping down the hill by mistake).

Since all of the place isn't "terraformed" I thought it might be good to have a map for exploration:

newcalypsogatewaymap.jpg

View image in gallery

Red line: Sharp "cut-off" border - Yellow line: Fuzzy border (rocks hanging in air)

View from above:

Terminals:
(Good to know if you need weapon/ammo)
68022,71202,683 Camp Amundsen Servicecenter
69152,70015,734 Helios Spaceport Servicecenter
69315,70004,719 Helios Spaceport Local Trader (has Calypso beginner equipment)

Mobs:
Pygmy chomper - near Genesis entrance
Highland exosaur
L7 Phasm pup - Lake Phrys
Daikiba cub
Highland allophyl young L1 - The Twins
Highland mourner
Hiryuu Fledgeling
L6 Prototype Drone - Between Crashsite and Jotun Falls
Trupidions are at 70000, 69430.
Berys I didn't mark unfortunately but they were to the west from Trupidions.
Few daiki cubs at 68838, 69592
67134, 69663 there are Foulings - puny fouls.
67299, 70519 - Freshwater calypsocod in the pond
I have removed the tripudions, caudatergus and berycleds. They were remnants of the old gateway and weren't supposed to be spawning anymore, thanks for finding it. :)

Not found mobs:
Disceased Longu

Last edited:
Trupidions are at 70000, 69430. It's a small spawn (~10) but they respawn every 5 sec or so.
At least they were there 3-4 hours ago. Will check them now.

Berys I didn't mark unfortunately but they were to the west from Trupidions.

Edit: yep, Trupidions are still there :)

Last edited:
Is there a decent size spawn of Daikiba Cub? For the Iron Challenge? :cool:

Few daiki cubs at 68838, 69592; I woudn't call these 3-4 poor creatures a decent spawn, but they respawns very fast after kill.

At 67134, 69663 there are Foulings - puny fouls.

Highland allophyls and Hiryuu Fledgelings don't count towards the allo's and hiryuu's Irons. So most likely are all other punies (except for bery & trupidions for the Puny Iron).

Last edited:
Reactions: aia
Trupidions are at 70000, 69430. It's a small spawn (~10) but they respawn every 5 sec or so.
At least they were there 3-4 hours ago. Will check them now.

Thanks, they were there. The red dots are all within say 1 cm on the radar (which explains why I didn't find them while randomly looking around). Though, it's a nice spawn! If you're alone, it's more than enough I guess.

Wow good job spotting that one! I had to use a strike chip to kill the "red dot" then I saw the carcass, and I realized it was pretty good hiding there looking almost like the stones.

Last edited:
I have found an LongTooth too, but i havent take the position :(

Maybe if i go again there will tell you the position too.

I have found an LongTooth too, but i havent take the position :(

Maybe if i go again there will tell you the position too.

and pygmy eomon?

I have removed the tripudions, caudatergus and berycleds. They were remnants of the old gateway and weren't supposed to be spawning anymore, thanks for finding it. :)

When I open the door that should lead to Thule I find myself at oshiri hearts tp instead, is that normal? lol

I like the mission chain and feel that giving out just enough free equipment to trial the game properly on Caly is well overdue.

Dirk

I really liked the scenery of the new gateway. High up in the mountains reminded me of Skyrim and when you went looking for the crashed ship reminded me of the first few missions in Halo: CE. I took a few screenshots to show a friend, but I don't think I took enough :D

Haha .. isnt that the ones Svarog was making enough peds to give away freebies to the newbs?

Bones

praise

hi

Must say I think the new area for beginners is very well done.

I adored the tiny creatures, the missions actually make sense, seeing it snow is a nice change too.

Further on, leaving and finding Camp Icarus with those missions: it all gives an excellent old fashioned game-starting feel to things.

I started playing after I got intrigued but my gateway experience was less than inviting.
And actually got hooked AFTER the starting area.

What happens here is that you already get a rush in Thule, and it all becomes a fun and exciting adventure.

Okay Camp Icarus was rather laggy and buggy, had to relog twice but no matter, those are minor glitches.

Overall: well done MA. Good job! Entropia needed such an entrance.

Nina

Okay Camp Icarus was rather laggy and buggy, had to relog twice but no matter, those are minor glitches.

I got the feeling that the lag in Camp Icarus was because of the hundreds of quadwings(/sleipnirs) jumping around in Port Atlantis with the ghosted players, and also that there were more than usual players around at Icarus to do the missions there at once. When things start to become normal, I guess it won't be more lagged than, let's say, Sweat Camp South (same type of buildings).

I got the feeling that the lag in Camp Icarus was because of the hundreds of quadwings(/sleipnirs) jumping around in Port Atlantis with the ghosted players, and also that there were more than usual players around at Icarus to do the missions there at once. When things start to become normal, I guess it won't be more lagged than, let's say, Sweat Camp South (same type of buildings).

yes agreed on all

Can you give some more precise location of those? I've asked around and noone seems to have seen any puny mobs at all. Or check again, in case those are gone. (I should add that there appears to be some sort of invisible barrier just SE of Helios, probably to prevent people from slipping down the hill by mistake).

Since all of the place isn't "terraformed" I thought it might be good to have a map for exploration:

newcalypsogatewaymap.jpg

View image in gallery

Red line: Sharp "cut-off" border - Yellow line: Fuzzy border (rocks hanging in air)

View from above:

Terminals:
(Good to know if you need weapon/ammo)
68022,71202,683 Camp Amundsen Servicecenter
69152,70015,734 Helios Spaceport Servicecenter
69315,70004,719 Helios Spaceport Local Trader (has Calypso beginner equipment)

Mobs:
Pygmy chomper - near Genesis entrance
Highland exosaur
L7 Phasm pup - Lake Phrys
Daikiba cub
Highland allophyl young L1 - The Twins
Highland mourner
Hiryuu Fledgeling
L6 Prototype Drone - Between Crashsite and Jotun Falls

Not found mobs:
Disceased Longu

Hi sorry for necro, is all that green land to east/SE/S all sitting their empty now with no mob spawns? :(

cristaline cavern

Hi,

Cheers

You can always go back to cristaline cavern from gateway, its a platform in the ocean.
I did it many times with a new player who didn't get a pistol because he/she did something wrong by creating avatar

Back