About "You cannot enter deep space".

INTERNUT

Alpha
Society
Freelancer
INTERNUT
I wanted to get to Toulan from NI, so went into space and then pointed my quad at the 'landing threshold' of Toulan and then pressed R. About 40 mins later when I was well within the said area, I get the systems message "You cannot enter deep space". This kept happening no matter which way I turned the ship and I had wasted at least ten minutes. In the end I quit the game then logged back in knowing I would find myself floating in space. Eventually I arrived on Toulan's space station and paid the 7ped fee to get down on the planet - but the thing is this!!
Why does this keep happening? I didn't zigzag or deviate at all but took the direct diagonal route from NI, so why did this happen?

Deep space is the game border. You just missed the landing zone for toulan, which isn’t that big in toulan case.
From the Toulan SS. Flying NE should hit it.

it's a pain in the drain to move around between planets since each planet has different areas you enter from direction. It's possible to get to all planets directly but yes, toulan is sort of a weird one. I think you have to go due north from SS, maybe Katie is right a little NE... it's not staright on aim for the planet thing like say Ark Moon, etc. Same issue happens on other planets, but this one is probably most obvious. Honestly it's just better to stay on Calypso and pretend all other planets don't exist, since for the most part, economically, that's pretty true most of the time.

Getting toToulan is tricky only chochosen ones get there, but plenty of youtube videos on it

]Deep space is the game border. You just missed the landing zone for toulan, which isn’t that big in toulan case.
From the Toulan SS. Flying NE should hit i

Deep space is the game border. You just missed the landing zone for toulan, which isn’t that big in toulan case.
From the Toulan SS. Flying NE should hit it.
Thankyou. I guess I must have done, only the map pointer seemed to suggest I was heading in the right direction. What else can we go by?

it's a pain in the drain to move around between planets since each planet has different areas you enter from direction. It's possible to get to all planets directly but yes, toulan is sort of a weird one. I think you have to go due north from SS, maybe Katie is right a little NE... it's not staright on aim for the planet thing like say Ark Moon, etc. Same issue happens on other planets, but this one is probably most obvious. Honestly it's just better to stay on Calypso and pretend all other planets don't exist, since for the most part, economically, that's pretty true most of the time.
I agree with a lot of this and imho the EU space navigation system doesn't work properly. Once I get back to Caly, I don't think I'll do another round of the planets again.

Getting toToulan is tricky only chochosen ones get there, but plenty of youtube videos on it
Yes, very tricky! The EU Space map needs to be more accurate or something...

Thankyou. I guess I must have done, only the map pointer seemed to suggest I was heading in the right direction. What else can we go by?

I've noticed that the target we set on map is later visible at different "heights" according to internal or external view, and found it confusing last time I went in space.
Maybe you changed view and reached top or bottom limits on the right direction ?

I've noticed that the target we set on map is later visible at different "heights" according to internal or external view, and found it confusing last time I went in space.
Maybe you changed view and reached top or bottom limits on the right direction ?
I didn't change view much as I like to stay in first-person mode for the most part, but I did do a barrel-role once or twice by hitting the A and D keys to avoid space mobs. Maybe that set me off course, but dunno.

Use the map that was linked to in your previous space thread. It overlays the true space borders and toulans weird landing zone, as far as I can recall.
It’s interactive, might depend on your browser if it works, I dunno.

/wp [Space, 85591, 81634, -1909, Toulan Planet Entry]

When in space copy paste that in chat and press enter. You'll get a waypoint to fly to to enter planet Toulan. Can ignore the third co-ordinate i.e. you can be at any height. Good idea to save that waypoint for future reference.

It's also a good idea to use the function called Align Horizontal from Action Library. Press N to open Action Library and find the function, press L, you can now drag the function out as an icon on the screen (or press F10 and drag it to a keyboard key). When we fly in space we can press Align Horizontal and it will make our vehicle fly straight. When we switch directions in space, it tends to also change our direct line path to make us fly slanted.

Space is just a big square with a deep space border all around. If we hit the deep space border, we just have to maneuver our vehicle away from the square edge, and then fly towards our target destination again. You can use the radar to fly straight on the deep space border if you can place it correctly using the radar and maneuver your vehicle to fly along the deep space border.

Use the map that was linked to in your previous space thread. It overlays the true space borders and toulans weird landing zone, as far as I can recall.
It’s interactive, might depend on your browser if it works, I dunno.
I have a printout of that map stuck on the wall showing the landing zones, so I just used that as a guide to set the pointer in what seemed to be the right direction.

/wp [Space, 85591, 81634, -1909, Toulan Planet Entry]

When in space copy paste that in chat and press enter. You'll get a waypoint to fly to to enter planet Toulan. Can ignore the third co-ordinate i.e. you can be at any height. Good idea to save that waypoint for future reference.
Thanks, that could be really helpful. So in future, if I just point the craft in the direction of the waypoint, that should work?

It's also a good idea to use the function called Align Horizontal from Action Library. Press N to open Action Library and find the function, press L, you can now drag the function out as an icon on the screen (or press F10 and drag it to a keyboard key). When we fly in space we can press Align Horizontal and it will make our vehicle fly straight. When we switch directions in space, it tends to also change our direct line path to make us fly slanted.

Space is just a big square with a deep space border all around. If we hit the deep space border, we just have to maneuver our vehicle away from the square edge, and then fly towards our target destination again. You can use the radar to fly straight on the deep space border if you can place it correctly using the radar and maneuver your vehicle to fly along the deep space border.
Great, didn't know about Align Horizontal so will try that next time when going from Toulan to RT.

Thanks, that could be really helpful. So in future, if I just point the craft in the direction of the waypoint, that should work?

Yes, unless you are gaining or loosing altitude in which case you are likely to hit the space boundary for height and get the cannot enter deep space message. Also you have to be aware of mob training grounds in your flight path and if you fly into one of them your spaceship may be "killed" by mobs.

Yes, unless you are gaining or loosing altitude in which case you are likely to hit the space boundary for height and get the cannot enter deep space message. Also you have to be aware of mob training grounds in your flight path and if you fly into one of them your spaceship may be "killed" by mobs.
best option is to use map and zig zag around the mob circles... They are fairly easy to move around....pull up map, look where you are, where your target is and create waypoint that is somewhere between the two outside of a mob circle.... then once you reach that waypoint erase it and do another one. Most of space is straight shot but there's a lot of little mob circles to get through.

That must be it! I never thought of EU space being a 3D box! I must have somehow gained or lost altitude when I did the barrel-role to avoid mobs!

Back