Question: Abuse of forum Reaction Score system?

Status

Mega

Chaotic Good
Society
Kaos
MegaVolt
With the old forum reputation system, there was a limit of how many +reps you could give in a single day, I never reached it and I cant find out from searching what it was. It was there to stop abuse of forum users reputation being altered excessively either positively or negatively.

I've just looked at Latest Activity for today, and been quite shocked how blatant a couple of forum users have been abusing the Reaciton score system we have now to increase their friend / wives 'Reaction' score. I am not aware of any financial benefit of doing this but maybe Alainax wants to be in the 'Notable members' top 5. I'm sure she can clarify why she asked them to do it. It went on for about 30 pages!! between 11:56 and 12:27 today

index.php

John B Knight doing it (uploaded another 4 pages to the gallery if you need to see more)

index.php

Geo doing it (uploaded another 4 pages to the gallery if you need to see more)

So my question is: Is this abuse of the forum Reaction score system (I think it is) and if so, should there be a limit imposed on how many Likes / Dislikes one person can do per 24 hours?

Or is this just another example of how some people like to find little 'tricks' to benefit themselves and their friends in Entropia?

If mates want to give each other thumbs up, let them. What’s the big deal?

edit: following on to this, having friends is one of the greatest discoveries you can make in game. I recommend it to anyone.

We all enjoy getting likes on our posts, but does the reaction score actually mean anything? Legitimate question, I actually don't know...
If its just an image thing then let them all pat themselves on the back, I don't have a problem with it. Its not like my opinion on somebody is determined by their post count or reaction score, nobody else's should be either.
Personally if my partner was active in forums then she sure as hell better like all my posts too :D

:scratch2: I didn't even realize there was a such a thing as a reaction score :laugh:. I'm not sure why it would matter other than bragging rights of some sort. Maybe its a Twitch thing or just support in some way. I guess if EU is somehow your main source of income then it could be seen as a bit of self promotion in hopes of getting eyes on posts and clicks on links. I sort of understand it since I have to promote my own art work but I tend to let things happen more organically than try to game the algorithms in some way but its not my main source of income so I have that luxury.

I do know when my wife posts something on Facebook if I don't respond and respond with the correct reaction I catch a wave of guilt trip from her. It's a weird thing to me but it matters to her. So now I just automatically respond to her posts. I do know one of my friends got locked for abusing the like button on FB and IG :lam: which turned into a inside joke in our art group.

Ahhh well to each their own.

Honestly i hardly ever give likes but after weeks and weeks of alt accounts being created on this forum just for the purpose of neg repping real players and the neg rep remaining on the tally after those trollaccounts get banned - i decided it was time to rectivy that intitial abuse. Feel free to check my history if i have done this in the past and you will find that in fact my likes are very spread out.
But i dont condone the constant troll account abuse and just wanted to show very clearly how pointless it is to make trollaccounts to negrep someone again and again as it can very easily be undone by people who actually like each other and what their friends have to say but not often express it on the forums.

BTW i plusrepped Geo too for all the dislikes he got from trolls recently ;)

I suppose only just posting memes and youtube videos in response to threads to increase your number of posts on the forum is also a thing.

The amount of dislikes that have been received by the numerous fake accounts is too.

It is also interesting that the OP has not been seen since the initial post, but you have been here the whole time.

abuse - verb
to use something for the wrong purpose in a way that is harmful or morally wrong:
She is continually abusing her position/authority by getting other people to do things for her.
I never expected that he would abuse the trust I placed in him.
to abuse alcohol
More examples

Correction: It went on for 50 pages with 9 Likes per page so 450 Likes in 30 mins.

The question is as posed, if two people can do that and are allowed to do that, Ludvig and 711 are happy for that to happen then.... :laugh:

As I said in the opening post, it never used to be allowed for exactly the reasons I outlined.

Imagine having nothing better to do than police useless reaction scores on a forum - and then also completely mess up the accusation.
The bias here, if you were wondering, is that there's a score list, the only one where OP can have #1, as if he is afraid of people starting to like John Capital's posts and disliking his...

DJHEGDy.png

The bias here, if you were wondering, is that there's a score list, the only one where OP can have #1, as if he is afraid of people starting to like John Capital's posts and disliking his...

DJHEGDy.png

450 likes in 30 mins. Think of what we would witness if everyone starts spamming 300 like and dislikes per day. Actually, we may just see it!

As sirhc said earlier you get time off other forums for that kind of behaviour. You also used to get time off THIS forum for abusing the reputation system.

Sunlight is the best form of disinfectant, three people got caught, same old story, just takes one person to shine a light on it ?

450 likes in 30 mins. Think of what we would witness if everyone starts spamming 300 like and dislikes per day. Actually, we may just see it!

As sirhc said earlier you get time off other forums for that kind of behaviour. You also used to get time off THIS forum for abusing the reputation system.

Sunlight is the best form of disinfectant, three people got caught, same old story, just takes one person to shine a light on it ?
You can only like a post once, besides every single post in bonnies twitch stream was related to one of her streams which are all awesome - so sure critisize me for not having liked my wifes stream posts for the last 2 years and only now decided to show my appreciation on pcf ;)
I already gave above my other reasons of forum trolls abusing the rep system and balancing this out.

“In a small town nothing is private. Word spreads with the incomprehensibility of magic and the speed of plague.”
― William Kent Krueger

You can only like a post once, besides every single post in bonnies twitch stream was related to one of her streams which are all awesome - so sure critisize me for not having liked my wifes stream posts for the last 2 years and only now decided to show my appreciation on pcf ;)
I already gave above my other reasons of forum trolls abusing the rep system and balancing this out.

I guess you will be receiving 400 likes tomorrow as a thank you! :D

The use of multiple fake accounts on this forum is a more serious issue.

I disagree, but I cant stop Messi and Evey's little schoolboy game to make me and John Capital switch places.

It has nicely proved the point that the Reaction Score system is liable to abuse and now will be.

We all enjoy getting likes on our posts, but does the reaction score actually mean anything? Legitimate question, I actually don't know...
If its just an image thing then let them all pat themselves on the back, I don't have a problem with it. Its not like my opinion on somebody is determined by their post count or reaction score, nobody else's should be either.
Personally if my partner was active in forums then she sure as hell better like all my posts too :D
OMG its everything!! i dont associate with anyone below prowler!!! :ROFLMAO:

Status
Back