FYI: Accessing EU.com from a public terminal

Badger

Prowler
Society
Supremacy Reign
Xavier Badger Reise
If you find yourself in a position needing to log into www.entropiauniverse.com from a public terminal for whatever reason you may find you are unable, as many public terminals do not have flash installed on them. To get arround this you can log into your account by heading directly to this URL http://www.entropiauniverse.com/calypso and you should be alright :)

Little thing I discovered today, thought i'd share it with the community :)

Last edited:
Hi,

Thx for the info, but:
[...]you can log into your account by heading directly to this URL [...] and you should be alright :)
Accessing your account (including typing Username & Password) is something you should NEVER EVER do from a public terminal! Especially public PC's in Internet cafes are very often poisoned with loads of key loggers, and logging in from such would severely endanger your accounts security!

But another info:

If you're trying to access the above mentioned website with Firefox and AdBlock Plus, you'll not find the Calypso button in the roster! This is because the geniuses of MA's web designers have used this URL for the button:
<http://mindark.se/planetroster/calypso_banner.jpg>
and this matches the default filter "*banner*" ;-)))))

You can bypass this using he URL:
<http://www.entropiauniverse.com/index.var>

Have fun!

While at it, you could just navigate to: http://www.entropiauniverse.com/en/rich/5000.html
Replacing /en/ with your own countrycode to get the website in your preferred language (ie. /fi/, /de/ etc.), if there's no translation for given countrycode, it'll convert back to english ^^

Accessing your account (including typing Username & Password) is something you should NEVER EVER do from a public terminal! Especially public PC's in Internet cafes are very often poisoned with loads of key loggers, and logging in from such would severely endanger your accounts security!

thats why we got goldcards are are able to change passwords so easily ^__^ if i really need to log on like this from a public terminal its really hard for a non-entropian to know what to do with the info anyways assuming the person got a goldcard.

Aftar that the person who recives the info needs to know what entropia is. i dont think its really harmfull. its not good, but not harmfull.

Hi,

Thx for the info, but:

But another info:

If you're trying to access the above mentioned website with Firefox and AdBlock Plus, you'll not find the Calypso button in the roster! This is because the geniuses of MA's web designers have used this URL for the button:
<http://mindark.se/planetroster/calypso_banner.jpg>
and this matches the default filter "*banner*" ;-)))))

You can bypass this using he URL:
<http://www.entropiauniverse.com/index.var>

Have fun!

As Xandra says .... NEVER EVER !!!!

Hi,

thats why we got goldcards are are able to change passwords so easily ^__^ if i really need to log on like this from a public terminal its really hard for a non-entropian to know what to do with the info anyways assuming the person got a goldcard.

Aftar that the person who recives the info needs to know what entropia is. i dont think its really harmfull. its not good, but not harmfull.

I'll tell you a little fairy tale, maybe you'll understand:

In a distant area, behind the seven mountains, not far away from the seven dwarfs, was Joe Jacker sitting at his PC and checking the results of his 450.000 captured Zombie PC's.
This was machines all over the world, infected with a trojan and keylogger. Joe hadn't done more than injecting some malicious code into some of the hyped Web2.0 sites, displaying the promise to show pics of female members every now and then - and every click on such a link created one more silently infected Zombie PC for him!
These Zombie PC's didn't do anything conspicious, they just silently recorded usernames, passwords, CC/ banking data and such. And carefully hidden sent it to a server Joe had rented at the other side of the world. Encrypted, for sure.

Joe did do nothing more than collecting these data, making packages and selling them over a hidden network. This was his way to make his living, because unemployment was high where he lived, and wages low. Mostly he sold collections of account data of popular games, and credit card data. But he had customers interested in banking data from certain banks, too - Phishers love to know where to find their victims!
From time to time he had special requests, for instance to provide login data of home workers of a certain company - the competition had use for it! In such cases he was able to edit a small text file containing key words on his server, and all of his Zombie PC's would update itself and give the desired data.

One day he stumbled upon the repeated mentioning of data for a "entropia.exe", and since he was bored he googled "entropia". His eyes grew large when he found EF, with a lot of participants bragging with the values of their avatars, with reports of participants depositing monthly sums that could easily feed half his village for a year, and with the possibility to actually get this much money converted into real money.

Joe got frantic, skyped a friend, and some weeks later there was a wave of "I got hacked!" and "My Acc was stolenz!" posts on EF. Right, this entropia had a smart card defense - but nothing that a good old fashioned man-in-the-middle attack couldn't easily defeat ...
Joe Jacker was last seen near Monaco, in company of 3 former beauty queens, and if he hasn't died yet he still enjoys his new wealth.

This tale could give you an idea how things work today. Don't try this this at home, I have deliberately inserted some minor fakes, but in wide parts this story shows how the trojan industry is working these days. And it's an industry by now, it's not like in the good old times when some geek made fun of you having your cursor falling down, displaying a mocking message.

Logging into the EU website from a public terminal doesn't use the gold card, and even if there'd be a possibility to use (dunno, have none) you'd not know if the card reader driver isn't compromised.

Logging into the EU (or even the game) website from any other machine but your own, secured and trusted one is hazardous!

Just because EU isn't known widely doesn't mean nobody knows it!

Have fun!

Back