account emptied...

nutter

Stalker
Society
Project X-Y
Fezza Prozac Sanity
Iv had an entropia account and been playing on and off since the project entropia days( probably before 2008), but life got on top of me recently so I havent played sin e november or so.

So, I have not played Entropia for more than 4 months. All my details are correct on the site and I received no notification of anyone attempting to access my account from any other IP or machine.

I didn't have 2 factor due to having a gold-card removed from my account after it became damaged, and didn't have a mobile phone to be able to use the new app (an issue I have now resolved) (this took literally from 2012 till 2020 to get sorted, what with documents, etc having to go back and forth...)

So, logged into my account a couple of days ago to find all my armour, weapons and ped missing. My GUI had also been changed.

Straight away spoke to a friend who said he saw me in game a few days ago. So, contacted MA support who said to Contact the police and they then closed the case.

Is this normally what they do? Advise us to go to the police? Surely that can't be the process?

In total, I probably lost 2k ped. Not a huge deal. And I have now got a mobile phone and have 2 factor on my account, although this is a bit of a crap deal...

But what happens when it's someone losing many thousands? 'Go to the police'? Like the police haven't got anything else to do but chase random computergame accounts for a couple of hundred quid...

Banks reimburse fraud almost instantly. A mere computer game should be able to do the same (support confirmed they have logs of everything). I have advised them that any and all transactions between 1st December 2022 and my most recent loggin would not be me and would be fraudulent.

Their response has shaken my confidence in this game and the RCE. I would be surprised if others didn't feel the same.

I'm waiting on a response from a second case I have opened in regards to this same issue.

My PC has been scanned etc and nothing found. My username is not known to anyone. My email would be known, and my password was numbers, letters, capitals and lowercase etc. Maybe I used the same pass elsewhere. It's possible with the amount of websites and apps that require you to create an account these days...
My email passwords have been changed multiple times recently and I don't use those anywhere else.

But, the response of 'go to the police', has astounded me.

Anyone else had a similar experience with support?

I think the police is the way to go, I don't think it's necessarily they who do the job but if they're involved it's more seen as a crime and might be taken more seriously.
And about them just paying you back, that's not how it works, they would be broke from all scams and fake scams.
It's very simple and has always been, 2FA which they and everyone playing this game ALWAYS highly recommend everyone to get.

Sorry to hear though and hope it works out!

Iv had an entropia account and been playing on and off since the project entropia days( probably before 2008), but life got on top of me recently so I havent played sin e november or so.

So, I have not played Entropia for more than 4 months. All my details are correct on the site and I received no notification of anyone attempting to access my account from any other IP or machine.

I didn't have 2 factor due to having a gold-card removed from my account after it became damaged, and didn't have a mobile phone to be able to use the new app (an issue I have now resolved) (this took literally from 2012 till 2020 to get sorted, what with documents, etc having to go back and forth...)

So, logged into my account a couple of days ago to find all my armour, weapons and ped missing. My GUI had also been changed.

Straight away spoke to a friend who said he saw me in game a few days ago. So, contacted MA support who said to Contact the police and they then closed the case.

Is this normally what they do? Advise us to go to the police? Surely that can't be the process?

In total, I probably lost 2k ped. Not a huge deal. And I have now got a mobile phone and have 2 factor on my account, although this is a bit of a crap deal...

But what happens when it's someone losing many thousands? 'Go to the police'? Like the police haven't got anything else to do but chase random computergame accounts for a couple of hundred quid...

Banks reimburse fraud almost instantly. A mere computer game should be able to do the same (support confirmed they have logs of everything). I have advised them that any and all transactions between 1st December 2022 and my most recent loggin would not be me and would be fraudulent.

Their response has shaken my confidence in this game and the RCE. I would be surprised if others didn't feel the same.

I'm waiting on a response from a second case I have opened in regards to this same issue.

My PC has been scanned etc and nothing found. My username is not known to anyone. My email would be known, and my password was numbers, letters, capitals and lowercase etc. Maybe I used the same pass elsewhere. It's possible with the amount of websites and apps that require you to create an account these days...
My email passwords have been changed multiple times recently and I don't use those anywhere else.

Just think about it. X and Y are friends, they make 1-1 account. X depo 10k ped, he plays a bit, than go off. Y logs into his account (got pw from X) and takes all his stuff, he withdraw it, money on bank 2 month later, some time after than X logs back, and make a fake claim about "oh somebody stole all my stuff" and do you think all MA have to do is lock the other account and just give you 10k ped, than you withdraw it and that is how to make 2k usd from 1k?

Or he just purchased your ingame ped out of game from hand, he paid, he got the ped, and you are like "wait a minute, i have an idea, lets get it back".

99,99% not this is the case here, but if MA just blindly refund every ped anybody claim to be stolen, this will be the case surely for most of the cases in the future.

They are not police.
Every trade is final, they dont know if its true what you say or not.
Go to police, do as they told, and if your claim is backed than they will investigate.

Or in case you say 2k is not enough to do that, than you can consider learning why 2FA is a must was not that expensive after all.

Weird mindark would defer it do coldly, like the police are going to chase 200 missing dollars in some random video game, it’s obvious they mindark is the only entity with any chance of resolving this.
But come on mate?
You haven’t been able to figure out a 2FA capable device for the better part of a decade? Am I missing something here?

MindArk provides 2FA for free, use it. For people who refuse to get a cell phone, sure, there should be another solution provided (my father is 75 yo and refuse to get a cell so I understand)

But I also feel like MA should help a little bit, maybe provide some IP info where the login came from so you can investigate this yourself if you wanted. Have you asked MA for IP info on previous logins?

Weird mindark would defer it do coldly, like the police are going to chase 200 missing dollars in some random video game, it’s obvious they mindark is the only entity with any chance of resolving this.
But come on mate?
You haven’t been able to figure out a 2FA capable device for the better part of a decade? Am I missing something here?
Im not sure if he got only 200 USD there since he went to police. and yes 2FA its a must. Not the 1st time ive heard about this kinda complains, they never ended well for the one who made them. "Im innocent im innocent".

For anyone removing gold card or changing phone just ask your account to get locked until you fix your phone. I did it this way, why take risks ?
You take such a huge unnecessary risk.
I have a cellphone without sim card and even wifi turned off just for 2FA app to use on it, its never leaves the house :)

For what it’s worth, a lot of banks will also ask you to get a police report first in cases of fraud.

I don’t think that explains entirely how cold MA sounded in OPs description, but sometimes it does help clear some red tape on what a company can do if there is an official report.

But come on mate?
Police won't care at all about this and will laugh you out of the station.

But I also feel like MA should help a little bit, maybe provide some IP info where the login came from so you can investigate this yourself if you wanted. Have you asked MA for IP info on previous logins?
At the price they charge for a landowner to change a TP name which is just a few keystroke. I sadly dont see MA spending hours of wage to help a player without a police report. Also safe to assume these kinda of player must be using vpn.

Have you checked the have I been pwnd website? Recently I had an account (not Entropia) hacked. I was able to get it back after about half an hour to an hour mucking about with recovery options and once I'd made sure all access the hacker had was removed and passwords changed/secured with 2FA etc I reported to action fraud UK. The police have actually been pretty impressive over it. I only logged with them for stats really and also so they knew the email address the attacker used in the hack. Since then they've sent me advice on cyber security and even called me about it. Pretty good I thought given I only wanted to tell them it had happened. No further action needed.

Anyhow I mention as one site they told me to look at was "have I been pwned". I've always been wary of the site but figured if the cops recommend it, it must be OK to try my id's and passwords on it. Anyhow was quite an eye opener to see all the breaches associated with my ID's one of which being this very website! (rolls eyes). The password check was interesting too. Some of mine had been found in hacks/leaks that occurred in the past. Gotta admit I'd been guilty of using some more than once so fairly certain this is where/why the newest hack occurred.

BTW I did due diligence and checked how their password checker works. Won't bore you with the details but the key thing is that their password checker never actually sends the passwords you type in anywhere. It sort of encrypts (hashes) them and then only sends part of the encryption to them to check their DB for known leaked passwords with the same starting encryption, your browser gets back a few hundred candidates and then it matches locally to see if any are the one you typed in.

Hope that helps give you confidence to check the site. It may help you trace what happened with your Entropia account. For what it's worth, I'm truely sorry this has happened to you.

Just a thought, it might be worth telling MA when your friend saw "you" logged in and ask they could at least confirm they will keep login logs/records for that time/day. This way, when police ask them for them officially (assuming they do) they will be preserved. Of course MA may say no so be prepared for that since we all know what they are like....

Wistrel

At the price they charge for a landowner to change a TP name which is just a few keystroke. I sadly dont see MA spending hours of wage to help a player without a police report. Also safe to assume these kinda of player must be using vpn.
yeh sadly this is likely the case (VPN) the hacker that got me recently I could see from emails that their IP varied throughout the attack. The only constant would have been the email address they used to take the account but even that, probably they always used vPN to get access to that also... and it was probably also stolen from someone else.

i dont find it so strange. Go to Police, of course Interpol will not be involved in 200 EUR, but you then scan and send to MA to provide EVIDENCE of good faith and ask for intervention.
whoever exit Thule should install authenticator
and in my humble opinion it should not be possibile to send money to MA if the receiving account has not an authenticator connected.

Last edited:
wat

also

Attacker Gen 10
54 PEDFri, 10 Feb 2023 22:30:56
Cornundacauda Dominant21 PEDWed, 04 Jan 2023 21:50:23
Cornundacauda Dominant20 PEDTue, 20 Dec 2022 21:46:07
Sabakuma Old Alpha14 PEDTue, 20 Dec 2022 21:02:29
Caudatergus Puny8 PEDSun, 30 Oct 2022 11:11:17

the "hacker" spent time in december, january and february hunting on your account? that seems a bit weird...

maybe file a police raport, so that MA can can investigate the MAC adress of the computer used to do these hunts, should be easy for MA to track where the ped has actually gone....same if they traded it. thinking of it, mindark might already have checked this since your first support case?

and to answer this

atleast I do not feel the same about this

they gave you a solution to the problem and your response was that you don't want to bother the police?.....

someone literally stole 200 quid from you and your response is to not bother the police? honestly, if the police heard you say that they would shake their heads....

do what you are supposed to when you are a victim of a crime. go report it, have an invesatigation started and most importantly have it documented so that the police has statistics of these crimes.

the next time it maybe isnt 200 quid, its 2000 quid... its not one victim, its 10 victims. and these hackers continue to do so because no one wants to bother the police.

fucking shameful, really.

maybe there is a different reason why you dont want to bring the police into this whole thing?

Last edited:
I dont defend MA,but i wasnt playing for almost 2 years..Working outside of my country,got locked by COVID and my phone where was 2FA protection was at my home so i couldnt play etc.When i came home and finally been able to play my account was locked for inactivity plus my phone died i had to buy new one.I sent support ticked and explain all the issues.After few tickets my account was unlocked and 2FA was removed so i can create a new one on my new phone.
When i logged in i havent seen anything is missing

My point is its not i dont believe your story but seems a bit odd that MA would take those 200$ or if someone scammed you how they can investigate it if someone had your pass/username and u didnt protect it?
Even some scamms in game doesnt been fixed.Trade is final and its your call will you give some item " for free" to your friend and expect to be returned..
MA made that 2FA to protect your account from beeing hacked.They literally cant do much if u get hacked or your stuffs being sold or traded for 3rd party

Hopefully you figure out what happened.

I have a cellphone without sim card and even wifi turned off just for 2FA app to use on it, its never leaves the house

I have a cellphone without sim card and even wifi turned off just for 2FA app to use on it, its never leaves the house :)
Yea..same here, easy solution think !

wat

also

Attacker Gen 10

the "hacker" spent time in december, january and february hunting on your account? that seems a bit weird...

maybe file a police raport, so that MA can can investigate the MAC adress of the computer used to do these hunts, should be easy for MA to track where the ped has actually gone....same if they traded it. thinking of it, mindark might already have checked this since your first support case?

and to answer this

they gave you a solution to the problem and your response was that you don't want to bother the police?.....

someone literally stole 200 quid from you and your response is to not bother the police? honestly, if the police heard you say that they would shake their heads....

do what you are supposed to when you are a victim of a crime. go report it, have an invesatigation started and most importantly have it documented so that the police has statistics of these crimes.

the next time it maybe isnt 200 quid, its 2000 quid... its not one victim, its 10 victims. and these hackers continue to do so because no one wants to bother the police.

maybe there is a different reason why you dont want to bring the police into this whole thing?

I dunno what they have done on my account. In any case, Iv requested MA close my account if they cant replace my items.
Ill be closing my account here too.

wat

also

Attacker Gen 10

and to answer this

or he just forgot he logged the other account :)

MA told you what to do, you dont want to do it

then you tell them to close the account if they dont give you your stuff back
About 10 years ago in World of Warcraft my fully geared PvP warrior was hacked and server transfered to be sold. When I logged in he was gone from my account. After 1 phone call they traced it and had it back to me in an hour. This was 10 years ago.

Today I can accidentally delete my character or TT all my gear in WoW and use an in game feature to restore what I want myself, INSTANTLY!

The fact is MA is living in the 1990's with customer service, support and reasonable tools for it's players that spend way way waaaay more then people do playing other games. If someone's account is hacked it really should be resolved that day. There should be easy to use website restoration of things you TT or delete by accident for Entropia.

Entropia could be bigger but they haven't build up what's important which are players security, features, support and service. No one should be making excuses for MA for being decades behind in customer support compared to other games. Period!

I really hope MA can fix these issues and get into this century with support and improve Entropia instilling faith in it's players or new players looking to join. The fact is there are 1,000's of threads like these and word of mouth that stops new players from joining over the years. If MA wants to do marketing for Entropia beef up support and features that matter.

I have a lot of cases go unanswered for years then closed or closed and never resolved. It's not a good look. It's why people quit or never join. Just saying.

Last edited:
It goes a bit with the "All trades are final".
(Let's go crazy a bit)
So Abomb, just pm me your username and password(just so that we dont log in all at the same time in your account should you post it here! I know..) Im gonna sell all your gears to random players for a decent price, call a pilot to warp me all over to empty your storages universe wide, over pay my other buddies on a few items that I resell cheaper to random players and planned trade/auction buy, make a few more direct trades with random players and planified players, sell a few things cheap to resellers to make sure the inventory move a lot and sell bps while having privilege players know on a super secret discord because they feed me some Satoshi for the intel.

Go complain to MA after that and say you want it fixed right away cause you aint in on it and didnt get no incentives outside of the game.

Resolving this in essence seem easy but in a RCE... Lot more complicated :(

Hello MA :) I know I just said that but I got nothing to hide hah.

About 10 years ago in World of Warcraft my fully geared PvP warrior was hacked and server transfered to be sold. When I logged in he was gone from my account. After 1 phone call they traced it and had it back to me in an hour. This was 10 years ago.
Issue is, you fail to understand the difference:

WoW fully geared PvP warrior = 0 usd.
EU 10 ped = 1 usd.

They can give it back to you and leave a copy of it at the buyer too, and give out 10.000 copy to random players too every time it happens, wont change anything.
You cant do the same with ped.

Peoples are exploiting few ped value of free stuff, see NI sellable pill gift for example, imagine what they will do if MA just blindly refund everything somebody claim to be stolen. They would be broke very soon.

I agree the accidently TT'd stuff could have been handled better, like i wont mind a buyback option for TT console for 24 hours or at least for the current session, that is avilable in many games, but with the "protect" option available it is mostly covered.

MindArk provides 2FA for free, use it. For people who refuse to get a cell phone, sure, there should be another solution provided (my father is 75 yo and refuse to get a cell so I understand)

There are other solutions if they (without phone) have a bit of help... This works with Authy too, Quoting @Svarog :
Anyway, to make it working, don't use the google authenticator to scan the code because the format is wrong. Use any QR code reader from App store / Google play. It will give you something like "otpauth://TOTP/TOTP5015AFAD?digits=None&secret=4AORDRAITGUYWYEUUADDWD&counter=0". Copy the bold part, then add it manually in the google authenticator.

I agree the accidently TT'd stuff could have been handled better, like i wont mind a buyback option for TT console for 24 hours or at least for the current session, that is avilable in many games, but with the "protect" option available it is mostly covered.
The problem with this i suppose is that if you TT a lot of stuff, use the ped you got for ammo and go out for a Hunt. You hof, you hof big... back to TT you go and buy back the item you TT'd to be able to buy ammo in thebgirst place.

I think TT being final in EU is good, its as you say not like WoW or other games that do have buyback features

in my early days i tted as an error an item,i asked to revert ans was asked 1k ped for the service.
item was worth 400 ped and i was shocked to be asked 100 euro to solve a bad programming feature
Diablo3 has a buyback so has wow and all decent games.
that day i learned the Protect feature.
as per authenticator, i installed it as my account passed 1000 ped in items and ammo

my point is we are not in the best world, but we need to work with what we got.... hoping for a UE5 team that reads and acts

Last edited:
I'm sorry for your loss but this seems like a reasonable response honestly considering the lack of personal responsibility on your end, no offense but one can't just take zero precaution but then think it should be up to MA to make you whole when you enviably get hacked.

This is a good teachable moment though... Plenty of opportunities and tools given to secure your account.

2FA - Get a cheap second hand smartphone or tablet. You don't need a sim card to run the 2FA app. In fact a free android emulator for PC can work too as a last resort. Zero excuse here.

Unique email - Gmail, outlook and others provide free email accounts and even free aliases for existing accounts. Ideally try to have a unique email for every important account.

Unique secure password - Most password managers are free and can help you generate and recall secure passwords that are 20+ charscters long with letter, number and symbol characters. Rule of thumb, if your password is easy to remember it's probably not secure enough. Also, not changing your password in 10 years isn't a great idea either.

Now if you followed all these things I would say it might be more fair for MA to at least look into how they were able to get passed the 2FA. Also if the amount of money lost was more actionable I would see them wanting to do a little more.

Again, sorry to hear you got hacked but at least it wasn't a life savings situation.

Last edited:
200 dollars have vastly different value to different people.

Been saying this at least a dozen times now... No, MA is not obligated to chase stolen goods, the police is. But MA holds the key to the necessary information which the police needs to work. A police report is therefore needed to launch an investigation, and they have to request this data from MA. And only to an official request MA can deliver it, not just to anyone. This is the way to go about it, whether one likes it or not.

Police won't care at all about this and will laugh you out of the station.
This is not helpful, mate. Don't discourage them from at least trying. YMMV in different locales, we know they're not always motivated to do their work, and sometimes that would be putting it too politely. But not everybody lives in the Wild West. I don't know how many still don't know this, but anything happening in the internet can be prosecuted anywhere. You can even try again from a different country when the first one wasn't cooperative. As a shortcut for the investigation enquiry, you can also report to the Swedish police directly, regardless whether you live there.

And something people also forget: If you really find authorities unwilling to do their duty, that in itself at least will go into the records. It may become useful one day.

This is not helpful, mate. Don't discourage them from at least trying. YMMV in different locales, we know they're not always motivated to do their work, and sometimes that would be putting it too politely. But not everybody lives in the Wild West. I don't know how many still don't know this, but anything happening in the internet can be prosecuted anywhere. You can even try again from a different country when the first one wasn't cooperative. As a shortcut for the investigation enquiry, you can also report to the Swedish police directly, regardless whether you live there.

And something people also forget: If you really find authorities unwilling to do their duty, that in itself at least will go into the records. It may become useful one day.
If you know the person who did it, it is one thing (still need proof). But I promise you - if you walk into a police office and say someone stole $200 from you in a video game, they'll ask you to turn around and walk away - maybe even berate you on the way out.

Why do you ask? Because it happened to me during my naïve years 23 years ago. Police don't have resources to do fact finding and punish someone over $200.

It IS helpful because I am saving his dignity and self-esteem from the hit he will take. Suck up the losses, learn to protect your account (infosec is very important), and move on.

Back