Account Locked After First Deposit

Society
The Ministry
Mad Rusty Scythe
Hello !!!

I did my first deposit after i messed around a bit in the Starting Area [ Calypso - Camp Icarus ]

After i did that, when i tried to login to my game - It states that my account is locked & to contact support. It has been more than 2 days since i contacted them with my ID / Banking Statements showing that i own the bank account. There has been no reply till now.

Is this the normal process?? Holding up $100 of a player without rhyme or reason ?

No, it is not normal, and probably have a reason, wait for their answer, you cant really do anything else anyway.

No, it is not normal, and probably have a reason, wait for their answer, you cant really do anything else anyway.
Would i need to submit anything else though ? Already gave my bank/ID info along with copies of it.

Would i need to submit anything else though ? Already gave my bank/ID info along with copies of it.
If you need to submit anything else, support should be able to let you know.

I'm afraid the only thing you can do right now is wait for their reply.

It all sounds a bit odd to me.

If you need to submit anything else, support should be able to let you know.

I'm afraid the only thing you can do right now is wait for their reply.

It all sounds a bit odd to me.

Well i have provided them with my Card Statement / Bank Passbook / My Govt ID as well.
The customer support says that first purchases will always be locked on a new account, but i did not read about that anywhere.
Very odd TBH - So in short a new player cannot buy a starter pack / PED before we submit all legal info.
I would have expected that to be written on the deposit page or on my card verification page. Nothing of that sort

This seems extremely odd, as MA want your money, that is the point of their business. Normally it would be the reverse, they are very happy that you have started to depo - it means your hooked, your not in North Korea by any chance :)

The customer support says that first purchases will always be locked on a new account, but i did not read about that anywhere.
If it's true it must be something very new. This never happened before and there is nothing like that in EULA/ToS.

That been said, I hear about many cases recently of an automatic lock after the first depo / webshop purchase.

You might want to check with your bank also to see if there were any problems with the transaction. They might not have approved it on their end. Sending funds to a particular foreign business for the first time might have caused a flag/automatic hold on the transaction.

This has happened to me once after depositing twenty five million times. I deposited mid hunt and got locked instantly. Nothing to be worry about, they only taking extra care to protect your bank account, wich is good. You will be unlocked as soon as they read the support ticket, which will propably be on Monday at best. So no pew pew this weekend

You might want to check with your bank also to see if there were any problems with the transaction. They might not have approved it on their end. Sending funds to a particular foreign business for the first time might have caused a flag/automatic hold on the transaction.

Yeah, very likely your bank put the funds on hold due to anti-fraud, some banks don't like Mindark lol. I'd wait for MA support to respond but very likely this is the reason.

Yeah, very likely your bank put the funds on hold due to anti-fraud, some banks don't like Mindark lol. I'd wait for MA support to respond but very likely this is the reason.

It would be this. It's not new. All the others being drama queens on this thread are just being that.

It would be this. It's not new. All the others being drama queens on this thread are just being that.

1-omg.jpg

Is not a drama its just sad... for 20 years old game this is ridiculous.
64k viewers just a streamer vs official website of 245 people. And this like you see is in the same time.

Yes, I have been locked from using bank because of foreign purchases or too many in succession and had to call to 'whitelist' it, i have never heard the game do it though.

Glad it got straightened out for you.

Yes, I have been locked from using bank because of foreign purchases or too many in succession and had to call to 'whitelist' it, i have never heard the game do it though.

Glad it got straightened out for you.

Yea, usually its the bank that locks the card for foreign currency. But this was something new.
Now i have to raise a support case everytime that i deposit / purchase from Webshop to unlock the account.

Yea, usually its the bank that locks the card for foreign currency. But this was something new.
Now I have to raise a support case every time that I deposit/purchase from Webshop to unlock the account.
Once your details are verified, they won't bother you again.

Nope, i did another deposit yesterday & got instant locked again :cussing: . Not sure what exactly is going on sadly, still waiting for a reply from support.

I guess the problem is in the carrier pigeons that MA use. If you are not close to Sweden, this would be the obvious factor... keep your patience through winter, the summer is soon and they probably will fly faster.

I guess the problem is in the carrier pigeons that MA use. If you are not close to Sweden, this would be the obvious factor... keep your patience through winter, the summer is soon and they probably will fly faster.

Sort of more like the carrier pigeons moving to another country ;)

Nope, i did another deposit yesterday & got instant locked again :cussing: . Not sure what exactly is going on sadly, still waiting for a reply from support.
You are doing the deposits with a credit card ?
A "real" one or pre-paid ?
Just a hunch that the card has a hidden limit the bank does not tell you.

You are doing the deposits with a credit card ?
A "real" one or pre-paid ?
Just a hunch that the card has a hidden limit the bank does not tell you.
I dont use credit card for deposits, Only Debit - The problem was my account was set as USA on country. Spoke to support and changed it to my Native. Now its all good. Thought i started using the Bank Transfer method now a days. A little slow but gets me my PED without any hiccups.

I dont use credit card for deposits, Only Debit - The problem was my account was set as USA on country. Spoke to support and changed it to my Native. Now its all good. Thought i started using the Bank Transfer method now a days. A little slow but gets me my PED without any hiccups.
Did not even know a debit card works on the web shop :D
From experience, the bank transfers are way more cost effective. In the EU it costs nothing additional and conversion rate is based on the European Central bank rate, so absolutely no hidden costs. Fastest transfer was 8 hours, normally it's the next working day.
Outside the EU that is a different matter, some banks charge an arm and a leg for SEPA/IBAN transfers and make additional "income" on conversion rates.
Especially those SEPA/IBAN charges are something that banks charge really differently, normally those are "penny charges" from the system, but some banks blow it up to 3% of the transfer value and you might lose out again on the conversion rate from the bank. So looking around for a bank with cheap transfers might be an option, sometimes its even just a matter of speaking to the bank and getting a reduction (few years ago before the SEPA/IBAN harmonization in Europe my bank wanterd 2,50 EU per transfer, talked to them and I go another account type for 0,50EUR per transfer...and the account type switch did not cost me anything additional)

Did not even know a debit card works on the web shop :D
From experience, the bank transfers are way more cost effective. In the EU it costs nothing additional and conversion rate is based on the European Central bank rate, so absolutely no hidden costs. Fastest transfer was 8 hours, normally it's the next working day.
Outside the EU that is a different matter, some banks charge an arm and a leg for SEPA/IBAN transfers and make additional "income" on conversion rates.
Especially those SEPA/IBAN charges are something that banks charge really differently, normally those are "penny charges" from the system, but some banks blow it up to 3% of the transfer value and you might lose out again on the conversion rate from the bank. So looking around for a bank with cheap transfers might be an option, sometimes its even just a matter of speaking to the bank and getting a reduction (few years ago before the SEPA/IBAN harmonization in Europe my bank wanterd 2,50 EU per transfer, talked to them and I go another account type for 0,50EUR per transfer...and the account type switch did not cost me anything additional)

The debit card works for Webshop only because it asks for the 2FA Verification code [ VBV ]
When I do the PED Transfer option, it tried direct debit from my card, which gets denied > then processed after sometime > which locks the account.
I got a new International Card now, that lets me deposit i hope . . . . have to try it out.

Wire transfers cost a LOT from my country sadly. I pay around 17% more per depo only on conversion + bank charges + taxes.

Back