FYI: Account locked for using graphics enhancing program

Great news guys. It appears I ran a tool which injects to any DirectX9 games to improve the graphics quality. I usually turn it off before running EU but last night I forgot :hammer:

The EU client is a bit paranoid when it comes to these types of things so the account was automatically suspended.

However after I heard about this from them I explained about the program and they unlocked my account.

I will now delete this program in order to prevent this from happening again...:eyecrazy:

Well at least it wasn't the foot guards... It had me going for a bit :laugh:

Huge thumbs up for the support team for the fastest response in history. Answered me and resolved in less than a day. And it was during the weekend that's a plus.:clap:

Good to see it worked out for you. I'm also glad to see that MA takes precautions against third party software.

I'm glad to hear that it was quickly resolved. :)
Good to hear. Was that bny any chance such a tool ? : https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?267841-SweetFX-shader-Suite
If so you might add a note in the thread, so people know that before they use something like that,

BR
A similar tool like SweetFX. So yeah odds are if he uses SweetFX he may be automatically suspended like it happend to me.

Glad to hear all worked out. You should Update the first post also so ppl who are too lazy to read can also understand what happened.
Done.

How to make someone happy? Take from them everything and then give it back :)
Glad to hear it got resolved so fast.

You would wait for 2 weeks? You're super patient. If they locked me for a week without a word, I'd surely pay them a visit even though I live a thousand miles away. I might even bring cookies :)

How to make someone happy? Take from them everything and then give it back :)
Glad to hear it got resolved so fast.

You would wait for 2 weeks? You're super patient. If they locked me for a week without a word, I'd surely pay them a visit even though I live a thousand miles away. I might even bring cookies :)

Hehe truly true story. You never know how much you miss something until it gets taken away from you in a split second. Indeed I'm quite patient, but now that my faith is "restored" in EU's support I'll be even more patient :yup:

I'm quite tempted to bring them cookies myself as a thank you gift for their quickness. Seems they've only now unlocked the hidden skill quickness. :ahh:

1) There are a lot of things that will get your account auto-locked. Mostly, they are for your own protection.

2) Support always acts quickly to resolve issues that prevent people from spending money.

/mod note/ thread title changed with agreement of threadstarter, now that the reason for the lock is known.

Back