Ace Of Space space combat trainer.

slasha

Old Alpha
?i havent been out recently to check, theres a roa
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
kenneth slasha shopanowa
I have been working on a little project , Ive made a 3d space combat sim from scratch , all media and programing is my own work . The intension was to emulate the controls in EU so i could practice any time i like , its not quite the same yet but kind-of getting there ( its a work in progress!)

It should run on win xp (tested), win 7(tested) , and vista(not tested), Its a 1 or 2 player net game (if there is no player 2 then the computer takes over the enemy ship ) So far i havent met anyone else playing it even though a few have tryed it out so i think there could be some firewall issues (needs testers !).

Features , pvp,pvnpc,Loot the other player(if there is one:p launch the game 2x to check it out as player 1 and player 2)
, and just for something else to do you can mine asteroids by shooting them , sell resources at the station(if you can make it that far :p).

Please check it out on my sitehttp://indiegameslaunch.com/ace-of-space-download-review.html, there is a feedback forum at the bottom of the site page ! I guarantee its 100% safe site and 100% safe game, have fun !

Updated october : ship controls are now a similar way to EU , if you tryed it before then re download and try the new version , it plays much better !

heres a screen shot or 2 ....
2912369.jpg

inside cockpit view

1557467.png

zoomed out view

Last edited:
:ahh:

If you happen to have tryed my demo and you got "image doesnot exist " you could copy the Ace Of Space folder to "C:/Ace Of Space" and delete the other location , or just delete the files and go back and re-download again from my site , you should nolonger recieve errors no matter where you install to.

Im expecting a breakthrough with the flight controls any time soon , so keep checking for updates , soon it will feel much more like EU !

i know another game which is something like this.
think its called entropia universe :p, only it involves an RCE and better graphics.

anyways gl with your game!

Have missed this thread until now. Will have a looksie and get back to you. :)

think its called entropia universe :p, only it involves an RCE and better graphics.

Forgot to read the OP? he created this to practice space PVP combat without decaying his quad at EU's super inflated MU prices.

Nice idea OP!

Menace

Forgot to read the OP? he created this to practice space PVP combat without decaying his quad at EU's super inflated MU prices.

Nice idea OP!

Menace
hehe thanks for dealing with the troll , i had to stop myself ;)

After a bit of a break from my project I figured out how its done so now the ship controls are alot more like EU . If you havent tryed it then try it ! If you tryed it b4 then return to my site and download the file again !

Thanks for looking :yay:

Doesn't work.

Runtime error on line 7, can't load Title screen Ace Of Space.png

Try a re download or you can see if the game files are inside a folder within another folder .(its a problem i thought id fixed copied the wrong thing) if so just cut the inner file, delete them outer folder , then paste the cutfile onto "C:\".
If you re download and still get the problem please let me know, thanks .

Eh, the guy creates something to help ppl practice outside of game for an ingame thing.

Props to creator! Might be my way to get to "emulate" how space combat in Entropia is.

Thanks , next problem is going to be making it more multiplayer :yay:

Try a re download or you can see if the game files are inside a folder within another folder .(its a problem i thought id fixed copied the wrong thing) if so just cut the inner file, delete them outer folder , then paste the cutfile onto "C:\".
If you re download and still get the problem please let me know, thanks .

still dont work

still dont work

delete all Ace Of Space files and try again , I just uploaded the file again to make sure its the right one .
I dont see how you could still get that error , unless your using windows vista (you may need to unblock all the files and run with all admin rights if you are) Hope that helps .:scratch2:

BuMp! have a look , now it feels more like EU space flight .

Updated again , this time i should have the right files on my site , please try again if you got errors , thanks .:ahh:

Link in my sig .

runtime error 506
could not load image at line 1039

dum tum tum:eyecrazy:

GAH ! Yes sorry, its all gone pearshaped , i lost my backup files and now i need to rewrite quite alot of the program . The error your getting should be cured if you move the ace of space folder to C:\Ace of space\ .(the exe should still work even if it is not in the folder but the folder with all the media has to be at C:\ace of space\!!!)

so it works again?????

It still works but you have to move the ace of space folder to C/: and delete the folder containing the folder :p , but i can no longer change stuff so this screw up is set in stone. Im on with a new project now rather than rewrite the entire program. Mining!!!

It still works but you have to move the ace of space folder to C/: and delete the folder containing the folder :p , but i can no longer change stuff so this screw up is set in stone. Im on with a new project now rather than rewrite the entire program. Mining!!!

and why you don t tell me about buddy????? maybe we can work together.....for example you can pick up the mv from auctiondata................maybe we can do a lot more.
DC

Back