Suggestion: Add garment slot labels to ring names

Angel O2 Mercer

Marauder
Society
Rangers
Angel O2 Mercer
Hello,

Just a small and easy to implement quality of life suggestion: can you please add a label to rings denoting their garment slot? (Left or right hand)

I understand that using (L) and (R) would be confusing since (L) usually means "Limited", but I'm sure there's other options. How about just using (left) and (right)? They are short enough words and this leads to no confusion.

Examples:
Instead of "Summer Ring 2018" we would have "Summer Ring 2018 (left)".
Instead of "Halloween Ring 2020" we would have "Halloween Ring 2020 (right)".

If the issue with "left" and "right" is that you plan on releasing other type of slots (necklace, belt, earring, bracelet) then maybe use "LH" and "RH" (for "Left Hand" and "Right Hand" respectively).

Just a thought, maybe I missed some other issue so I'm open to discussion.

@Ludvig|MindArk

Thank you.

PS: Or maybe add it to the roadmap for UE5

Lil' bump, I would like to hear other opinions.

What if MA removed the left/right distinction alltogether and allowed us to equip any two rings? We already have buff caps anyway so why not?

Lil' bump, I would like to hear other opinions.

What if MA removed the left/right distinction alltogether and allowed us to equip any two rings? We already have buff caps anyway so why not?
I think this would probably happen eventually, but I dread the day as this update will be a huge disturbance in the existing values of rings. For example, Crit chance is much more valuable currently on a Left Handed ring because of the ease of acquisition of reload speed gained on the right.

Just a small and easy to implement quality of life suggestion: can you please add a label to rings denoting their garment slot? (Left or right hand)
Not sure I understand. The ring already denotes which hand slot it occupies in the description window. What more is there to add?

Not sure I understand. The ring already denotes which hand slot it occupies in the description window. What more is there to add?

I mean to put it in the name, just like we have (M/F) for armors and clothes, or (L) or (C).

So we don't have to open item info to know which hand a ring belongs to.

I hate that we have M it F or L in names it’s ugly and stupid and no one actually needs that info. Click for more info.
In real life items don’t have information like that in their names.
You don’t go into the gap and buy “high waisted jeans (F)”.

you use your eyes and read the label or use common sense to determine gender.

I hate that we have M it F
You are free to hate genders.

you use your eyes and read the label or use common sense to determine gender.
That only makes sense if, e.g. male avatars were allowed to wear bras and skirts, as it would be possible in an offline-store. Please use common sense, we have year 2022 and not 1922.

That only makes sense if, e.g. male avatars were allowed to wear bras and skirts, as it would be possible in an offline-store. Please use common sense, we have year 2022 and not 1922.
Lol! I hate that it’s in item name, not the fact that the items are gender specific

I’m saying common sense in that you should read an item’s description before buying it, and that info should be in the description and not the title.
How do you even think I am talking about the items themselves? This topic and everything I said is clearly referencing item titles and nothing else.

Also if you want men to wear bras why do you have an issue with my first quote? You make no sense

Back