Suggestion: Add repeatable missions of codex to META

Would you like to get attributes from repeatable missions from META.

• Yes.

Votes: 30 44.8%
  • No.

Votes: 37 55.2%

• Total voters

Evey

Elite
Society
Hardcore
Eve Everglades
Dennis said in a teaser of the update that introduced this system: "The Meta challenge will be the replacement for the attribute rewards that existed for Iron Challenges missions previously."
Given that many missions across the universe had (and some still have) attributes on repeatable, it would make perfect sense to have codex repeatable mission count towards meta as well, rewarding active hunters and bringing some balance.
Please note the repeatable missions' cost increases with each level and attribute reward decreases the higher the attribute, it would not mean that active hunters can get 1 mil HP easy, but they would still get a small progress on META and attributes they hardly get otherwise, from hunting and not having to switch from their usual hunting grounds to chase small mobs for attributes.

What do you guys think?

Yep.
Personally I get bored of playing games when I can see an end in sight, I very rarely complete them. I feel that reaching the end of meta will dissuade me from grinding further because my stamina will reach a hard cap if no other repeatable methods of training are introduced. I don’t care how expensive it gets, I just want to have that option.

Oh yes of course it must change to add to the meta,.
I love grinding for hours and hours, but if there is no motivation why should I continue?
Yeah because its fun sure, but instead of hunting my regular Warlocks (repeat 5 now) I could hunt snablesnots up to rank 25 to get a meta progression each 4 rank.
So maybe we dont need meta progression each 4 rank, but maybe each 8 rank or so.

I just got (what I think) is a interesting idea about repeat stages in codex :)
I think MA should introduce Repeat Tokens (yeah I know, brilliant idea) and you earn one token for each repeated codex stage.
Then at the "repeat token trader" you can buy unique limited items just as you do from the daily token trader.
Armors, amps and so on.

Isnt that an great idea? :D

I am fine with it either way - i hope though that you realize that if they give rewards for repeatables its just moving the goalpost essentially.
It would give hunters who focus on a few mobs in the short and mid term some extra attributes but those who do all the mobs and unlock the early repeatables will just get even more attributes.

Reactions: jak
I am fine with it either way - i hope though that you realize that if they give rewards for repeatables its just moving the goalpost essentially.
It would give hunters who focus on a few mobs in the short and mid term some extra attributes but those who do all the mobs and unlock the early repeatables will just get even more attributes.
Oh absolutely. This was the starting point... those who focus on a lot less mob variations would still get something. The idea was to not create a very strong incentive to hunt all small critters across the universe, but to balance this and add a counter in the repeatables so the hunters don't feel they really have to switch from 10k+ HP mobs to not feel too much left behind...

Most repeatable attribute missions that were actually repeated were sooner or later shut down. I'm not sure MA really wants it. It also would allow for some to just bot away in a handful of instances for their gains, is that what you want?

Most repeatable attribute missions that were actually repeated were sooner or later shut down. I'm not sure MA really wants it. It also would allow for some to just bot away in a handful of instances for their gains, is that what you want?
I think there are still repeatable missions that reward attributes, no? I could be wrong... but the new system doesn't give 1 attr per mission, but it gives tt which like skill is lower as you progress in attribute points so at some point it will not worth chasing it (unless you want top 5 in meta list on the forum ofc) so why not add it there...

If they give 1ped per 5 repeatable I doubt it would create a huge issue since when you are close to 200 points, you need
8 or 9 rewards to fill up 1 point? Can't remember exactly the numbers something close to that, so thats around 60
completed missions (since you only get attribute you are out for in 2/3 of rewards.).
As I mentioned in the other thread, those who will "win" most from skill and attribute rewards are those that are able
to finish off almost every mission, but attributes will probably still be low compared to the skills they have. ;)

I would like to see this implemented as well :thumbup:

Hell yes, it's a great idea. However, Mindark wants to encourage folks to change mobs instead of grinding the same thing forever so I'm not sure they'll go for it. Otherwise why have more than 3-10 mobs on any planet ever - each mob a different hp level, etc... Guess if they downsized it to that it might make it easier to start over everything with new game engine, but then it'd just be boring.

If MA implemented a system to automatically ban or temp ban those who are bot hunting it would be a definite yes from me. Otherwise it’s a hard no.
Ubers and wannabe Ubers bot hunting 24/7 takes away from what this game is suppose to be. And what has drawn many players to it in the first place.

Last edited:
Would be nice for my repeat 26x on longtooth
I can’t imagine what repeat Messi is on calamusoid

You can have 1300+ Meta points grinding all monster in game.
i find that getting unlimited meta is not the way.
before Stamina and otehr tokens were to increase some stats
that are now reachable at level 40
definitely it is ok to limit the number of attributes from META
want more item...... travel and kill different mobs.
for the same reason i am against resetting mosnter codex in Mayhem mobs
that would add extra META to the pool

as a side note, Jolt that is highest meta in ladder has 500
so he is half the way.
as one player hits 1300 meta i will be first one to sign for adding something :p

There are higher META players ingame than 500 but that's not the issue... Look above at that 90 repeatable on calamusoids for messi. That level alone costs, in turnover, as much as a few hundred META ranks.
In the past, the attributes used to reflect the power of an avatar, the level of activity... at this moment, it's just a chase for killing punnies across the universe. There are way too many better things to do for a more efficient avatar progression in the game than this but I can understand it's a cheap way for people to boost some HP and pretty much that's it, but I don't understand why people oppose it. Having a top META in game means that you sacrificed and invested into some inefficient hunting for little gain.
My Meta will remain mediocre under these circumstances, at 280, even if I'm 35k LWT, 30k HG, 240 highest level.

Adding META contribution to repeatable missions would be a way to balance the two worlds, universe punny hunters with mob grinders, imo.

I get why they designed meta this way. It entices us to explore all the content across the universe and discover all the different ways we can lose our money.
It has caught me, sorry to say Eve I am a loud and proud universe puny hunter 😁.

But I don’t think we should punish our grinders. If somebody wants to slice up calamasoids 27 hours a day because that is the content that they enjoy/find profitable then I don’t think they should be at a disadvantage when it comes to attribute gain. The game already punishes them with progressively longer repeats, that should be enough. Give them the meta.

There are higher META players ingame than 500 but that's not the issue... Look above at that 90 repeatable on calamusoids for messi. That level alone costs, in turnover, as much as a few hundred META ranks.
In the past, the attributes used to reflect the power of an avatar, the level of activity... at this moment, it's just a chase for killing punnies across the universe. There are way too many better things to do for a more efficient avatar progression in the game than this but I can understand it's a cheap way for people to boost some HP and pretty much that's it, but I don't understand why people oppose it. Having a top META in game means that you sacrificed and invested into some inefficient hunting for little gain.
My Meta will remain mediocre under these circumstances, at 280, even if I'm 35k LWT, 30k HG, 240 highest level.

Adding META contribution to repeatable missions would be a way to balance the two worlds, universe punny hunters with mob grinders, imo.
As i said before , im fine with it either way but its only give you 'balance' in the short term - once the first metagrinders get to repeatable 10 on every mob around the universe the 'balance' will shifft even more towards those who do all the mobs if you give points for repeeatables.

i think Meta was designed to be capped... personally not many buit i got a dozen monster that are at repeat3+ so would benefit too

as a second thought ..... as you get level 100 can use all items in game... well 99.9% of them
as you get 100 looter you maxed the return
i dont like to talk of ppl that is not int eh thread, but repeat on Claamus by messi was a guess lol and he has 600 hp
meta is a "catchup" system for some new comer to feel not a shit reading some ladders
let ppll kill puny... and get some accomplishment

i can lend you my leoi dagger to add some HP :)

p.s.. io appreciate teh arguments, keep my no even if i could have a benefit from it

As i said before , im fine with it either way but its only give you 'balance' in the short term - once the first metagrinders get to repeatable 10 on every mob around the universe the 'balance' will shifft even more towards those who do all the mobs if you give points for repeeatables.
Even if some will do 10 repeatable on every mob, it would still reflect more activity than it is now. Pupugi is like 5k ped 0 - 25 while the first repeatable is also 5k. It would be balanced with players that have 2-300 repeatable missions on 5-6 mobs.
Even if it's really easy to get 2-300 "fast meta", I'm not gonna chase it very soon and with the actual gain, it makes it a very inefficient way to progress, for me.

@Msturlese
I'm didn't say people should not kill puny, I think it's a great system and I'm glad that ubers and newbies alike are being rewarded for killing puny mobs, it just feels a bit unbalanced to me, without repeatable missions being included in META.

As for being a "catchup" system, with 40-60k ped cycle a day I can assure you META on all mobs would not be very hard at all, it's just not very interesting, even if I'm gonna end at the bottom of this attribute ladder.

If repeatable missions also are included in Meta it should be similar to the first 25 ranks, 5 ranks for 1 meta reward.
So 500 repeats will give 100 rewards, and at 200 in an attribute you get approx 0,145 increase per reward which in
the end will not be so much.
If the curve suddenly became flat you would then get 14,5 attribute increase, but it isn't so it will get even harder and
if you aim for one kind of attribute it will get 2-3x the amount since you don't get what you want in all rewards.
So include repeatable to Meta would probably not have a big impact on playerbase in general. ;)

i read with deep attention all teh thoughts and i admit that i overestimate the effect of the Meta.
let's start with the general idea of decay of attributes increase.
as Jolt correctly point the "marginal" effect of the latest increment would at some point make it useless
in this case i tried to understand if 1 token per repeat or 1 token every 5 repeat is the case... i must
admit that as we reach repeat all stages start with 5000 Ped Cycle so the reward is the 25 ped skill (and some less for cat 2 and 3 skills)
in this case just add the same counter.... 1/5 of a bar each level and each repeat to maintain same rules.
@ Evey ofc i know that flying around with 250 DPS firepower codexing monster around the universe is nto a big deal, i made with much less 2 L25 in NI in an a day... it is just... PED and time consuming, some monster do not have anything to offer and just burn ped card... totally inefficient...
but as shinkiba offer 25 level in a day and atrox require 1 month, after Repeat is same for all.
progress decays like the value of 1 meta point (i think it is 1 ped notional).
@ JBK i recall your progress in intelligence farming Shub, so i imagine hundreads of repeat mission killpoint, all in all it is the same thing as corectly is pointed.
all ppl farming Arkadia IFN killpoinjts on Halix are just the same as repeating Meta too

all in all there is not a destructive effect in case it is implemented, and the catchup to some "psichological" level of HP (200 ? 250 ? 300 ? 1000 ? is a legit pursuit of everyone.

Impact of stats on professions is negligible, even of intelligence on looter profession (this could be a threat to loot pool)

at least every 1 meta we know that the received cuycled 25k p'ed (and lost to the Hamster wheel his 2% slice or 500 )

You made me chance idea... damn THANK YOU

You want the best of both worlds, both to hunt profitable mobs and get meta. The way it is now you make a sacrifice to get high meta, as it should be.

You want the best of both worlds,
What's wrong whit that?
The gains from this update would be so minimal that I can't believe people oppose it so much, like it would take something away from them. It's not, it only ads value and more incentive.
Anyway, repeatable missions on Caly are something we're asking (me at least, in several support cases) for at least 4 years. My argument was back then the same as my argument in this suggestion: I think people should receive same rewards no matter what their favorite mobs are so META could work even on repeatable missions, imo.

It's not taking anything from you (apart from being harder to progress in a list on forums maybe).

Bump for the attribute points chasers, giving players attribute tokens for codex repeatables would make sense and would allow players to catch up on those who did many repeatables. The higher the codex repeatable, the higher the amount of tokens should be given.

I see no reason why not.

I'd love to hear why people are against this.

Bump for the attribute points chasers, giving players attribute tokens for codex repeatables would make sense and would allow players to catch up on those who did many repeatables. The higher the codex repeatable, the higher the amount of tokens should be given.
As mentioned in the other thread, im fine with it either way but the suggestion leads to the opposite result - the gap from starter to uber will widen and it will become near impossible to catch up to those in the lead. In Entropia alot can be done to skill more efficiently or boost killrates but the amount one can cycle has pretty defined limits which can not be overcome especially against those who hunt 24/7

Imo I still think it should follow skillvalues in repeateable, so the system with 1 ped after 5 ranks finished should be the same there.

Back