Added tiers to the weaponchart

Witte

Marauder
Society
Delta Force Elite
Vlugge Witte Harrie
I added primary functionality of tiers to the weaponchart. The consumption cost is not taken in account, and currently only range and damage tiers have effect.

If anyone can help out with the effect of CHA on you critical hits, I can add that one too.

May I also request that you set up, so each item can show the tier-up ingredient lists?

For example, if someone wanted to know the ingredient list to tier-1 a TT ore-excavator. That list would also show total TT/MU costs, like the crafting recipes.

JohnC has started a thread to collect the info on tier-up recipes here, in the meantime.

And I agree, this would be best kept recorded in Entropedia :)

A tiering array similar to the one that displays mob difficulties/stats would be nice. i.e. tiering stats separated from the rest, allowing quick comparison of Tier I costs, components quantities, but also allowing for a quick review of relative expenses. I have a hunch higher tiers may require more expensive ores, components etc. I would like to be wrong about the ores :)

I added primary functionality of tiers to the weaponchart. The consumption cost is not taken in account, and currently only range and damage tiers have effect.

If anyone can help out with the effect of CHA on you critical hits, I can add that one too.

Good work

We need an additional added value to UL tools that can be enhanched.

What is the cost to move a tool to Tier1 (maybe a worst case when second item is lost and a best case where you get both items back)

Nice to see some people are doing a nice effort to start charting all this.
I love the new stuff, wish I had more time to investigate.

Subscribing

I plan to add an ingredient chart too, but I don't know enough about it yet. I am not sure how to implement it when the required materials are more or less random for every tier, as it would mean that for every UL item 10 sets of ingredients need to be added. But when the materials are the same, I will use the same setup as the blueprint materials chart. About tier-up cost, we will first need to know what the profession will do to the success and salvage rate.

Things that still need to be figured out:

*needed ingredients for higher tiers
*consumption rate of enhancers
*effect of CHA on you critical hits
*tier-up rate on items

I plan to add an ingredient chart too, but I don't know enough about it yet. I am not sure how to implement it when the required materials are more or less random for every tier, as it would mean that for every UL item 10 sets of ingredients need to be added. But when the materials are the same, I will use the same setup as the blueprint materials chart. About tier-up cost, we will first need to know what the profession will do to the success and salvage rate.

A way similar to how MobLevelcharts works i.e. trivial stats include sweat attempts, regeneration. All faps require similar upgrade ingredients, all weapons require a different set, but are the same in terms of the type of ingredients (but this set of ingredients is separate to faps).

I'm glad someone understands it sufficienly to document it. This will repay careful reading when it is complete. Good work guys.

A way similar to how MobLevelcharts works i.e. trivial stats include sweat attempts, regeneration. All faps require similar upgrade ingredients, all weapons require a different set, but are the same in terms of the type of ingredients (but this set of ingredients is separate to faps).

Aah ok if it works like that it would be the best solution indeed. As long as no item with deviation ingredients is found in one item class.

So, should the the tier upgrade list be one large list containing all items under the section "crafting", or should it be several lists under the sections "weapons", "mining" and "Healing tools".

An alternative idea: The ingredients vertically, and the tiers horizontally. It will mean all ingredients need to be added over and over, but the system will be more flexible when items with alternative ingredients pop up. Just not sure yet what the best layout will be.

So, should the the tier upgrade list be one large list containing all items under the section "crafting", or should it be several lists under the sections "weapons", "mining" and "Healing tools".

I think a (more or less) direct copy of the existing BP structure would work, so just add 'Tier Upgrades' as an option under the Crafting section.

Instead of having tabs for BP levels, you can change that to tier levels, and like the BP system you should be able to select weapons, armour etc from the drop-down.

I guess you also need to add a table of links to this info from the item pages.

An alternative idea: The ingredients vertically, and the tiers horizontally. It will mean all ingredients need to be added over and over, but the system will be more flexible when items with alternative ingredients pop up. Just not sure yet what the best layout will be.

I don't think this set-up will work, because I'm expecting that higher tiers will require different 'standard' ingredients - e.g. instead of Lyst and Melchi in every recipe, perhaps at Tier 2 it will all be Belkar and Garcen, Tier 10 will be Ruga and Vegetation Spores. Also there will be more fragments in the future, so having a column for Blazars won't be appropriate.

There are a few separate issues:
  • Tiering up the item itself
  • Crafting enhancers
  • Enhancer themselves & effects on equipment
  • New Crafting materials/components/enmatters
  • Tiering up skills

Tiering up the item itself
I'm in agreement w/ Oleg. It should be a "copy" of the crafting layout, showing:

• Item (gun,finder,fap to be tiered up)
  • Tier-up level (keep in mind it will eventually go past 10, I'm guessing)
  • Ingredients/qty/prices

We have to assume tier-up recipes will be as varied as crafting.

However tiering up should not be a subsection of crafting, as the actual tier-up process isn't done with a crafting machine. It's its own action.

Crafting enhancers
Now making the enhancers themselves are crafted and should be in with the crafting section.

Enhancer themselves & effects on equipment
This is the part you've already started doing on the weapon pages, etc.

New Crafting materials/components/enmatters
No real hard coding needed here. Those are added just like any other new material found.

Tiering up skills
There are two professions, one for crafting the enhancers, and another for actually tiering up the UL items. We need a section showing success/salvage rates for different tier upgrader levels.

I think that's it.

I don't think this set-up will work, because I'm expecting that higher tiers will require different 'standard' ingredients - e.g. instead of Lyst and Melchi in every recipe, perhaps at Tier 2 it will all be Belkar and Garcen, Tier 10 will be Ruga and Vegetation Spores. Also there will be more fragments in the future, so having a column for Blazars won't be appropriate.

Yes thats what I think too. Except when one ingredient is in all tiers it is just added one time, and the number of ingredients is filled in per tier as a column in the table.

As for the section the list should be in, I already renamed "crafting" to a more general "manufacturing" in which the professions are also in. I think it would be right to put it in that section.

Hi Witte,

With recorded tier up recipes reaching level 4, is it now possible to create the new table for Entropedia ?

To summarise for OF105:
Tier 1
1 OreFinder OF-105
274 Animal Muscle Oil
27 Simple I Conductors
1 Pile of Garnets
220 Blazar Fragments
109 Tier I Components

Tier 2 (not recorded)

Tier 3
1 OreFinder OF-105
117 Animal Thyroid Oil
27 Simple I Plastic Ruds
1 Pile of Opals
315 Blazar Fragments
78 Tier III Components

Tier 4
1 OreFinder OF-105
70 Animal Adrenal Oil
21 Simple II Conductors
2 Piles of Opals
376 Blazar Fragments
69 Tier IV Components

It looks like the number of ingredients is always the same right? So I will go with the construction Immortal suggested, except you have to choose the ingredients instead of fixed ingredients for every tier.

It looks like the number of ingredients is always the same right?

While there certainly seems to be a consistency and 'progession' from one tier to the next for the same item, I do notice that some recipes for different items require 5 different articles, not 6.
(Looking over the list - some don't require any gem piles.)
It's also possible that a higher tier recipe for an item may eventually require more articles than 6.
(It looks like there's space for up to 8 articles to be listed in the EU Tier Upgrade window)

And as John C said earlier - MA may introduce more fragment types in future VU's.

Played with Paint (only graphics program on this computer :laugh:), and thought the item pages might end up looking something like this. (Only a suggestion tho, you understand :) )

Amended Item Page:

Tier Upgrade Page:

Last edited:
Your design is indeed consistent and flexible. However, I am also looking at usability. I think a single row for each tier is much less work to add. Especially when you use the previous page trick when adding tiers. Then you just need to change the item and the ingredient amounts, you wont need to choose all ingredients over and over. Looking at the amount of items that need to be added, usability may be more important than flexibility. And if items with more ingredients pop up I can always add an extra column.

I think a (more or less) direct copy of the existing BP structure would work, so just add 'Tier Upgrades' as an option under the Crafting section.

Instead of having tabs for BP levels, you can change that to tier levels, and like the BP system you should be able to select weapons, armour etc from the drop-down.

I guess you also need to add a table of links to this info from the item pages.

I agree with this layout. Makes more sense. Tiering is an equivalent to manufacturing imo.

And good work so far too. :)

Ok bulk ingredient adding is added. I also copy pasted it to the blueprint ingredient chart.

I can't figure out how to add tier indredients on a weapon.
I went on the weapon page, the tier table is absent.
And in tier and tier ingredient pages, the item field is a selection menu, not a textfield, so i can't add a new item.
What's the procedure?

Also, i got a small bug. I was on Tier Ingredients page, clicked on Weapons in the left menu, and the sub menu for weapons was empty. I can't reproduce it however

I can't figure out how to add tier indredients on a weapon.
I went on the weapon page, the tier table is absent.
And in tier and tier ingredient pages, the item field is a selection menu, not a textfield, so i can't add a new item.
What's the procedure?

Also, i got a small bug. I was on Tier Ingredients page, clicked on Weapons in the left menu, and the sub menu for weapons was empty. I can't reproduce it however

On the weapon info page click "Add Tier" (bottom). Alternatively go to the "Tiers" chart and press "Add item" (top). After that go to the "Tier Ingredients" chart and add ingredients.

I finally found thank you.
If it can help others, once in the "tiers / add Item" page, first select the item type (weapon in my case), and then the item list will be loaded in the fist column

I finally found thank you.
If it can help others, once in the "tiers / add Item" page, first select the item type (weapon in my case), and then the item list will be loaded in the fist column

Aah ok I misunderstood your question ;). Any suggestions to improve the procedure are welcome.

Aah ok I misunderstood your question ;). Any suggestions to improve the procedure are welcome.

when will it be possible to see what all enhancers do on guns? or isnt all the info avaiable yet?

Back