Advertising Entropia with 6 Million dolares

Mary Jane

Stalker
Society
The Great Pretenders
Mary Mary Jane
Hey felow Entropians...

Imagine you are the BOSS in MA chair, you achive the goal of sell 60k CLD and you have promess for the community, (us), a big part will be spend in advertisement to call the most posibel players to the game with less money posibel spend but you have in pocket 6 Millions what you will do ?

Lets give Mindark ideas to spend the money in something really worth it and bring us all the hapiness of the old days :D

My example is why not pay someone to make a music with MA clothes in a funny Entropia cenario... Dont cost more then 10k dolares to do it and it will bring 18 Million views in youtube.
Im sure many many many will join much more then any ADS or BS...

Bring your ideas and lets Help MA Invest the money on good waves...
If not another castle will come and economy died :(

Q. How will the proceeds of the Land Lot deeds be used by MindArk?
A. The proceeds from the Land Lot deeds will help to finance a substantial Entropia Universe marketing campaign, along with further development of Entropia Universe and Planet Calypso.
bold, underline

Thankz for the information...

Substancial will means how many millions to advertise?

I would make a official MA-youtube channel and present new stuff like:

New mobs, trailers that players could also use/show in other forums for advertisement, uber-interviews, story-plots, masters of entropia-reawakening stream, WOF-finals, real landgrabs, interviews with popular MA-employees, videos/live-streams/interviews from EU-presentations at gamescom-etc, weekly/monthly biggest loots and record-sales, introduction of new weapons etc, eomon/longtooth-migration or EU-fanart from players shown on weekly/monthly basis and everything I listed with a cool host who knows how to present, praise stuff and makes us excited!

And best it wouldnt cost MA/dev teams a buck, the community could spread the channel and some may find their way to it by accident.

(Guess they already thought about a real, serious channel but they fear the small totally dumb/and or trolling part of our community bashing the channel with bad comments, warnings etc)

Last edited:
Pay one of the major fast food chains to make the "entropian burger", and maybe place Entropian action figures in happy meals, oh oh and a giant Co2 cannon to launch fliers into the atmosphere so the entire planets is covered with bits of paper that tell you to check out EU, that would be the most effective means of promotion given the state of current technology. Entropian slip 'n' slides, Entropia Brand bagged Ice, Entropian Cruise liners, and Entropian RL spaceships!!! 6 mil should cover all of that.

$6M is enough to advertise during the Superbowl. :cool:

Thankz for the information...

Substancial will means how many millions to advertise?

Your outta your friggin' MIND if you even remotely believe that millions will be used on advertising...

LMFAO!!!!

1013991.large.jpg

Wtf are dolares? :scratch2:

Q. How will the proceeds of the Land Lot deeds be used by MindArk?
A. The proceeds from the Land Lot deeds will help to finance a substantial Entropia Universe marketing campaign, along with further development of Entropia Universe and Planet Calypso.
bold, underline

Translation:
"a Substantial Entropia Universe Marketing Campaign" is MAspeak for "staff bonuses and expensive vacations while we throw some player made video clip up on YouTube",
and "further development" is MAspeak for "sly new ways to milk the playerbase".

I'll leave it at that.
:monkey:

while we throw some player made video clip up on YouTube",
and "further development" is MAspeak for "sly new ways to milk the playerbase"

and then the best youtube videos get rewarded with unique terminator guns and supremacy armours.. yea.. those ass holes at mind ark..

You take the 6 million and put it in a interest berring account, the money you make from the interest goes to pay for the adds FOR EVER.

and then the best youtube videos get rewarded with unique terminator guns and supremacy armours...

...made of pixels.

Your outta your friggin' MIND if you even remotely believe that millions will be used on advertising...

LMFAO!!!!

1013991.large.jpg

Agree. i even go further, no campaign will happen.
Gold oportunitie with this so caled sale of 2,5 million dolars is here, would make a huge fuss.

LMFAO!!!!

1013991.large.jpg

Truth needs no defense.

You take the 6 million and put it in a interest berring account, the money you make from the interest goes to pay for the adds FOR EVER.

But, why couldn't they do the same thing with 50% of their revenue, 25% of ROI is so much better than any interest bearing bank account.

I think they are up to something even wittier. Tt's gotta be more than 25% return. Or it just wont make sense.

This is gonna be very interesting! I'm all eyes and ears.

Obviously a Viral video campaign is the best option.
But - in my cynical opinion - it won't happen.

I found the "bold and underlined" statement interesting.

I don't see why many find it so laughable that MA would actually use the money to market? Did a large majority of people suddenly forget that profits are to be made by marketing? You think nike, mcdonalds, and PSA's from Oil companies are for fun? No their to increase customer base, and turn a profit. Seems a marketing class would be in order? To accuse MA of being greedy, and in the same breath say they are not going to use the money to market their product, but just pocket it is a bit short sighted given the fact that a greedy (or just wanting to be successful) company would market their product to get more money...

I don't see why many find it so laughable that MA would actually use the money to market? Did a large majority of people suddenly forget that profits are to be made by marketing? You think nike, mcdonalds, and PSA's from Oil companies are for fun? No their to increase customer base, and turn a profit. Seems a marketing class would be in order? To accuse MA of being greedy, and in the same breath say they are not going to use the money to market their product, but just pocket it is a bit short sighted given the fact that a greedy (or just wanting to be successful) company would market their product to get more money...

I totally agree with you 100%. Normal rational business sense for any company out there. But for some odd reason nobody has been able to figure out yet, MA just does not operate like that. Never has.

lol some funny posts here, made me smile.

ok folks open your minds a little bit.

Lets say you plan for massive growth. First thing you need is the infrastructure in place to cope with that growth.

so maybe MA has plans to update loads of equipment first to cope with an influx of players.

Next is (and I've said this before) you cant have 100,000 newbies turning up at PA on day one, The system would not cope. So marketing needs to be gradual and aimed specifically at targeted audiences.

So money is not all for advertising, its about preparing the hardware and software to cope. Do they have fast enough routers to cope with masses of people around the world in one place at one time. We take this for granted in game, but I guess it's all routed through one place, so we intereact "together".

Not to mentioned money to finish developement of systems we want, and "good" systems like the taming.

I would be annoyed if MA blew it all on an ad-camp. I'm sure they are bright enough not to do this. But I'm sure they will do some banner ads see how that goes first, try something else see the response from that.

But remember ultimately its up to us when they arrive, we love it here or wouldn't be here. sure sometimes we get our bad patches in game thats makes us truely pi**ed. But we got to feed these people positive info, not drive them away with tons of negative speak.

Only a thriving community is going to bring down the cost per player and take us back to the good old days.

Look: We trusted MA with our deed peds, so lets at least give them the opportunity and trust them again to spend it wisely.

Rick

If I had 6 million dollars, I'd withdraw it all!

lol some funny posts here, made me smile.

ok folks open your minds a little bit.

Lets say you plan for massive growth.

LOL, talk about funny posts... :laugh:

I didn't get further than the part about "massive growth". :rolleyes:

Look forward to Nothing

big home and top end cars are expensive you expect them to have any left for advertising - lol silly rabbits

big home and top end cars are expensive you expect them to have any left for advertising - lol silly rabbits

That's pretty cynical for a guy showing a post count of 2. (Not that I disagree.)

Back