Advice about armor upgrade

Superhal

Prowler
I'm thinking about buying new armor. I'm wondering which one to get. Currently I use Ghost + 5B's, and I'm having trouble with:

a) Proterons over mature.
b) Atrox over dominant.
c) Neconu and coronoterions over young.
d) Foul and Argo leaders.

I would love to get an armor that would allow me more choices, like atrox stalkers, formidon, furors, letomie, or ossecollum.

My budget is not set, but I'm thinking in ranges: Up to 10k, up to 30k, up to 50k.

What are the best choices in those ranges? I think I can get a jag set under 10k, but after that I don't know the prices. My "dream" armor is shadow. I just don't want to shell out a bundle for armor that is barely better than what I have now (and very likely to have more disadvantages like more decay.) Also, I'm not really interested in L armors.

In your upper range(up to 50), Angel +5b and a UR 125 and you can take on 90% of the mobs ingame.

All around good armor and a great look.

Check out http://entropiawiki.com/Chart.aspx?toolid=2

You can see the protection of armors versus specific mobs, average hit, decay, etc...

That Jag you are thinking is awesome :)
If i were you would start there... and testing out for some time and if you still felt you need more protection, just upgrade again :cool:

Tiger +5b really nice, it's about the same as martial+5b!
if you have the cash though, go for angel+5b like burnsey said!

Jag + plates is very versatile and is on the low end of the price spectrum. As Burnsey said though - Angel + 5b is good enough for nearly anything you want to hunt.

I'm thinking about buying new armor. I'm wondering which one to get. Currently I use Ghost + 5B's, and I'm having trouble with:

b) Atrox over dominant.

i would also invest in some defensive skills...
i use ghost+5b too and have no problems with a little bigger neconu and mostly okey on foul and argo leader with a few heals (havent tested alot on the others on the list)

but the advices you got so far on armor sounds nice :)

I agree with the other guys about upgrades. They forgot last step though ;)

Jag (Good) --> Angel (Better) --> PIXIE + Mod Fap + loads of HP (Uber)

I agree with the other guys about upgrades. They forgot last step though ;)

Jag (Good) --> Angel (Better) --> PIXIE + Mod Fap + loads of HP (Uber)

Mod FAP? You noob Vedder... everyone knows the FAP-5 is the true uber FAP.

I just don't want to shell out a bundle for armor that is barely better than what I have now

Are you OK with shelling out a bundle in decay?

If not, you don't need an armour upgrade. Stick with the Ghost and smaller mobs until you have more skills. All the mobs you mention (maybe not Proteron) can be done easily in Ghost+5b when you have a decent Evader level and HP.

I would even go so far as to say that Ghost is overkill until Avoidance or beyond.

i would also invest in some defensive skills...
i use ghost+5b too and have no problems with a little bigger neconu and mostly okey on foul and argo leader with a few heals (havent tested alot on the others on the list)

but the advices you got so far on armor sounds nice :)

Totally agree... I use Ghost +5B as well and I do fine on the mobs you mentioned. I think Evade is a better investment. If the mobs don't hit you, armor is irrelevant ;)

my tip would be, try to use the limited version of some you might be interested in. So you can decide first hand what to do.
Then again, I am not sure about the MU of limited armours, it might be hard to find or very costly.
If it were free, it is perhaps the best test for you.
Else you might can lend some expensive (L) mu items in the UL from friends to test it that way.

b) Atrox over dominant.

I would love to get an armor that would allow me more choices, like atrox stalkers, formidon, furors, letomie, or ossecollum...

I think if you are having trouble with Atrox over dominant and Argo leaders in ghost+5b's, mobs like Atrox Stalkers and Osseocollum are gonna kill either you or your ped card... even in big expensive high decay armor such as Angel.
(dunno your stats, I could be wrong)
(Atrox Stalker can do up to 151 damage though Angel+5b's)

you might enjoy using Martial SGA (maybe with a couple cheap Angel pieces) if you can manage to get all the parts together...

going from Jag to Angel there's a very noticeable difference in decay I believe! I like Phantom & eMine for the price, protection, & decay! ;)

Last edited:
Looking at your mob and price range, I'd go for a 50k depo, Martial SGA + Mayhem harness and helmet, and the rest into evade skills.
Another option: 30k depo, phantom with Mayhem harness/helmet, and a bunch of Evade.

Personally I would prefer Shadow, don´t know if 50k is enough to get a set ;)

HP & evade is the answer to your questions not better armour.

I could kill up to atrox prowler in ghost+5b without problem when I used that armour. For a couple of years ago I had problems with guardians in the same armour.

If you get hit a lot in high-end armour it won't make you kill bigger mobs. It just allows you to live a lot longer while wearing out your fap.

Chip in/skill until you have at least 20-25 evader and 130+ HP and you'll be much happier in your (sheaper) investment.

HP & evade is the answer to your questions not better armour.

I could kill up to atrox prowler in ghost+5b without problem when I used that armour. For a couple of years ago I had problems with guardians in the same armour.

If you get hit a lot in high-end armour it won't make you kill bigger mobs. It just allows you to live a lot longer while wearing out your fap.

Chip in/skill until you have at least 20-25 evader and 130+ HP and you'll be much happier in your (sheaper) investment.

Or chip in to 30-35 evader and 150+ HP and be even happier ;)
Seriously though, 30-35 evader, 150+ HP, and full phantom will serve you well.

Back