Help: Affordable newb sword besides TT option.

sirchadwick

Provider
Society
Benevolence
Sylva Kyra Minor
Any1 know where to get a descent sword on caly that we not cost an arm and leg.Tried the auction but someone is buying up all of the low level blades for some unknown reason.Don't mind spending 15ped but would rather have one that won't break in 5mins.

The TT sword acts like an UL weapon because there's no markup cost. Remember that the money you're spending on buying a new (L) weapon would have gone to repair of an UL weapon anyways.

If you're talking about need more damage than the TT, it's going to depend on your hit and damage levels. Can you let us know what they are and we can offer you a recommendation?

Note that even a 3 or 4% markup cost on (L) weapons on auction can make melee incredibly uneconomical, because that markup gets applied to the entire cost to kill, whereas with guns, the markup doesn't effect ammo costs.

Any questions, feel free to PM me.

-Sityl

The mark-up being applied to the cost to kill is a very interesting point - never thought of that :)

The TT sword acts like an UL weapon because there's no markup cost. Remember that the money you're spending on buying a new (L) weapon would have gone to repair of an UL weapon anyways.

If you're talking about need more damage than the TT, it's going to depend on your hit and damage levels. Can you let us know what they are and we can offer you a recommendation?

Note that even a 3 or 4% markup cost on (L) weapons on auction can make melee incredibly uneconomical, because that markup gets applied to the entire cost to kill, whereas with guns, the markup doesn't effect ammo costs.

Thanks Icountst thought of it that way.I suppose I will build up my level with the TT sword then consider other option.Is it just me or is the difference between 5 to 10 DMG sometimes a bit steep in price.It seems like the price of mid level items has been driven up. On second thought maybe its always been that way.I just lookin at it from a new player perspective. Anyhow I still have a blast hunting things that may be a little bit out of my range and at the end of the day that's all that counts.Thx for the words of wisdom.

Isn't the Bukin's Blade still available from that new player mission chain?

Also, I always liked the Falx sword. I think it's tt on Arkadia or Cyrene?

I was going to suggest getting a SI Combat Knife to skill up to use the Bukin blade that can be gotten from an easy mission chain. They both are great finishers (bukin on a bit bigger mobs). You said you like to hunt just as high as you can handle. Grab a rifle with some nice dps and range for your level to have the mob almost dead as it reaches you. Then you can finish with appropriate blade.

P.S. combat knife was taken out of TT machine, so expect to pay anywhere from +10-25 for it. Depending on how patient you are.

Last edited:
be careful with older weapons! do the research for the cost to run the item, the opallo is junk, most of the older tt weapons have less eco than what is out there now. it may be L, but cheaper to run.

follow the numbers, not some sales pitch

-Sityl

Isn't the Bukin's Blade still available from that new player mission chain?

Also, I always liked the Falx sword. I think it's tt on Arkadia or Cyrene?

Tyx for all the great suggestions folks.I see a lot of posts and info on the significance of increase health with melee so I figured it would be good to bring one along for the added benefits. I am close to level 3 on ranged laser hit and damage and know these skills also give health increase as well.The way I started viewing things that s I can have great armor and a great gun but if I only have 80 HP it won't matter much.So I have decide to go with the TT options for now. Thanks for all the help.

Back