Agility VS Professional Standing or ?

Dirk Rand

Provider
Dirk DR Rand
When developing a team format competition what is the best way to make sure teams are somewhat even in abiolity?

Have a total agility level the team must be under. Ie Sum of a 5 member team's agility must be below XXX agility
OR
RanK the professional standings of the team members and and coming up with an average for the team which needs to be equal or below a xxx level.
Or
Does not matter
OR
Something else

Thanks for reading this and any information given

Agility is very misleading. Neomaven's agility is only a couple points higher than mine. We aren't evenly matched.

Professional standing is a better mark of skill.. after all.. it directly reflects your relevant skills for the profession.

However, it really all depends on what sort of event you have in mind. Highest single loot seems to be a pretty fair contest rule thats used a lot, and it has no direct relation to skills. I won an event @ CND in a field that included Skalman. Suffice it to say Skalman is a "bit" :)rolleyes:) more skilled than me.

Centech, Thanks for the reply. I am trying to develop a team PVP format event / tournement similar to capture the flag and want to find a way to make the teams somewhat equal in ability. There could be several "Ability Divisions" for different levels.

Right now I am trying to gather information to determine if it can resonably be done as an open event or just for group fun.

For a PVP event wouldnt the best way to make the teams the most evenly matched be to base it on HP? If not I would say professional standing would be better than looking at agility but I am not a PVPer so this is just a modest opinion :)

Thanks for the feedback.
HP would be a good way but it is hard to determine, the amount is not shown when scanning a person. You would have to go on trust which would not mattter in a small event but might be a problem if there ever is a big event. Agility and professional standing are shown when scanned. I realize you can change your public professional standing but am trying to figure out the best way to even out teams if ther is one.

I might need to develop a handicapping formula to take several abilities into account for each team member and come up with a "Team Score". Was hoping to have something simpler.

Back