Agility

sstouk

Guardian
Society
Nomads of the Apocalypse
Craig Aiya Supremus
If you scan some mobs, their agility could be way below yours.
Take an example of this one:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/1/8/6/5/spiderold.JPG
If I have 60+ agility, logically I would expect myself to be able to run x6 faster than this creature.
Run away - shoot, run again and shoot.
Yet, I doubt anyone could run away... well at least not with the x6 speed...
Check other mob and see. They can overrun you even though your agility is better....

I wonder what if you think it is a bug or a "feature".

Uhm... It's not all just numbers all the time...
Why should a huge four legged animal that lives by hunting other animals be slower than a small pesky two legged human?

It would make sence if you knew that you can overrun the mob or not after scaning it :rolleyes: Now it's just numbers :cussing:

sstouk said:
If you scan some mobs, their agility could be way below yours.
Take an example of this one:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/1/8/6/5/spiderold.JPG
If I have 60+ agility, logically I would expect myself to be able to run x6 faster than this creature.
Run away - shoot, run again and shoot.
Yet, I doubt anyone could run away... well at least not with the x6 speed...
Check other mob and see. They can overrun you even though your agility is better....

I wonder what if you think it is a bug or a "feature".

I think agility really servers no purpose, but the more items you carry and the more agility the slower you will be with that, but never able to outrun certain mobs.
Unless i does make you faster on the amount of agility, which it should do.
If it does, im off to train agility!

Mobs always seem to gain speed, when i had a sabukuma behind, i was running nicely away, but it seemed to get closer at a point.
The mobs must have some sort of boost.

Agility does make a difference i tested it a while ago i have over 100+ Agility and i ran a lot faster than others with around 60+ agility and also you swim faster ..hope this helps :eek:)

Perhaps Agility relates only to mobs of the same type?

So;
A person with 100 can run faster than a person with 50.
A Spider with 100 can run faster than a spider with 50.
A Snab with 100 can run faster than a snab with 50.

This does not mean a person with 100 can run faster than a spider with 50, or that the snab with 100 can out-run the person with 50.

It just shows how good the creature is when compaired to it's own species.

Cuey said:
Agility does make a difference i tested it a while ago i have over 100+ Agility and i ran a lot faster than others with around 60+ agility and also you swim faster ..hope this helps :eek:)

Just out of curiosity... did you also have higher skills in general too? I mean if your athletics and courage, etc... is higher, that could be a reason too. but I don't doubt that agility plays into your overall speed.

arieas said:
Mobs always seem to gain speed, when i had a sabukuma behind, i was running nicely away, but it seemed to get closer at a point.
The mobs must have some sort of boost.

Ye, it's called lag :laugh:

Erm, I do think it's directly linked to how fast you run though.

Of course I have no evidence... It's all specualtion. Unless you got a high agility player, to chip out 100% then try and outrun an Armax, or a person with roughly the same attributes.

I'm going to veer off slightly to include of few of my agility questions (scold me if I should have made a new thread here. Just trying to recycle a bit).

1. Can agility be gained when mining and crafting, or only when interacting with mobs/bots?

2. Will agility increase faster when melee hunting vs. rifle hunting?

3. If the answer to #1 is true, since agility cant be chipped, would you consider it to be a "common denominator" attribute that can be used comparitively to judge the amount of "contact" (sweating, and running included) an avatar has had with mobs since he/she started playing? Granted, long time players had the advantage of rapid skill gains for a time.

4. Speaking of that (yes, off topic a bit) when exactly did this rapid skill advantage period actually expire? Was it a gradual or incremental process, or did one day, everything just become much more difficult? If it happened abruptly, did it cause a mass retirement of players?

This rapid gains ended with the introdution of expirience gains for killing a mob over a year ago. From a certain date on you can use this attributes pretty well to determine the level of interaction a participant had with the system.

Agility have something to do with the run speed after chipping out i was still faster as a fresh made avatar while the only difference was my non chipable attributes.

i think athletics is a contributer into how fast u can run/swim also

When you would have same stats as a spider would you walk as fast?

Hard to tell,

Back