Alf Svensson Interview Discussion

Odd for you, to me it looks very similair to the Crysis game, only more scifi...

And, what sort of models are they supposed to use, 4d?
Just look at vegetation, for example (especially at top one). IMHO it looks very similar to NO.

Sad, but i don't like that picture ATM :(
That's not what i wait from new engine ...
I think i just should wait for more images and videos :)

Was from a movie shown on the net,MA devs and carl uggla speaking about C2Engine and showing a pasted in SEG with red blades in Crysis map level editor

Hahahaha, someone please neg rep this guy (I already did in another thread).....

lol.... rofl... fucking McCormick ... you got another noob, gratz :D

Now, for you 'uberpwner', that video you saw.. sorry to tell you bud, it was a 'spoof'.. a fake... made for comedy... not even close to the picture that I have ;)

Just look at vegetation, for example (especially at top one). IMHO it looks very similar to NO.

Sad, but i don't like that picture ATM :(
That's not what i wait from new engine ...
I think i just should wait for more images and videos :)

Well, obviously they're are going to try to recreate things to look like they did, in a better engine.... it's just a picture... doesn't show much, as it is a small picture... but, as I said to you in PM, more pictures and videos will be coming soon :) (how soon, I dunno, but, I think soon)

Hahahaha, someone please neg rep this guy (I already did in another thread).....

lol.... rofl... fucking McCormick ... you got another noob, gratz :D

Now, for you 'uberpwner', that video you saw.. sorry to tell you bud, it was a 'spoof'.. a fake... made for comedy... not even close to the picture that I have ;)

Not a Mccormick movie...Konve and other people mentioned it from the interview. Ask em if they remember:wtg:

Not a Mccormick movie...Konve and other people mentioned it from the interview. Ask em if they remember:wtg:

Huh? I think yer still lost...get a link if you think yer right...

the pic I have is the only pic provided by MA at this point...

post a link, show some evidence or as far as i care it didnt happen, what we have is an image from the graphics time, while not looking exactly like crysis (and lets be honest it never was going to look exactly like it) it looks pretty awesome to me

Insults and flaming will not be tolerated.

Duplicate troll account banned.

:topic:

post a link, show some evidence or as far as i care it didnt happen, what we have is an image from the graphics time, while not looking exactly like crysis (and lets be honest it never was going to look exactly like it) it looks pretty awesome to me

Here is the video in reference:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/1158760-post1.html

And the photo:
{DELETE}

Not sure why these links were deleted, but since they come from these sites to begin with and the video was originally posted by Marco, I assume it doesn't violate any of the rules of this great forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the video in reference:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/1158760-post1.html

And the photo:
Not sure why these links were deleted, but since they come from these sites to begin with and the video was originally posted by Marco, I assume it doesn't violate any of the rules of this great forum.

ja i posted that before i knew about the tread, seen it now. Unsure why the video was deleted but that is prob due to the offtopic nature of the whole discourse. Also, you know full well that the sample pic was not supposed to be posted in the forum as it says at the start of this tread. It is a great forum isnt it :) Improved so much in the past 3 years :)

ja i posted that before i knew about the tread, seen it now. Unsure why the video was deleted but that is prob due to the offtopic nature of the whole discourse. Also, you know full well that the sample pic was not supposed to be posted in the forum as it says at the start of this tread. It is a great forum isnt it :) Improved so much in the past 3 years :)

Well the video seems silly ... I am not fluent enough in Swedish to presume to be able to understand it, but I had enough of it translated to me by a Swedish native ... it seems strange to be showing a bunch of non-PE scenes and then to randomly plug in one screenshot of a mob to make it feel like PE. Sort of like how the images on the EU website aren't from in-game at all, except the occaional mob overlay. I guess I just don't see the point.

I also don't see the point of making a post to ask if anyone has seen a picture but then refuse to show it. Unless you're trying to overcompensate for other inadequacies and show that you think you have info others don't. Guess I didn't realize how top secret it all was. Golly Gosh!

Well the video seems silly ... I am not fluent enough in Swedish to presume to be able to understand it, but I had enough of it translated to me by a Swedish native ... it seems strange to be showing a bunch of non-PE scenes and then to randomly plug in one screenshot of a mob to make it feel like PE. Sort of like how the images on the EU website aren't from in-game at all, except the occaional mob overlay. I guess I just don't see the point.

I also don't see the point of making a post to ask if anyone has seen a picture but then refuse to show it. Unless you're trying to overcompensate for other inadequacies and show that you think you have info others don't. Guess I didn't realize how top secret it all was. Golly Gosh!

The point was for people to listen to the interview. I thought that was fairly clear.... If you don't want to listen, fine, don't listen, you coulda waited till Sunday. Sunday is almost always a slow news day anyhow...

this is a classic case of "consider a fuck up before a conspiracy" the reason it was asked if anyone had seen it because the link was supposed to be at the end of the interview, however there was an error and the interview with David started before the link to the picture could be heard. Perhaps your just too cynical to believe that some people may just genuinely be excited to share information without some ulterior motive

Last edited:
Once again, please stay on topic.

This thread is for the discussion of the Alf Svensson interview, and the things he had to share, not for the discussion of Mindark's promotional efforts with regard to Cryengine2.

:topic:

Wow.. Looks like I missed some action in this thread. A lot of flaming and deleted posts over a picture of a lamp post. o_0

:rofl: oh, the carnage!

Well i dunno what's going on, but i listed to EntropiaRadio loop a few times this evening and it was just robot propaganda stuff.

:rofl: oh, the carnage!

Well i dunno what's going on, but i listed to EntropiaRadio loop a few times this evening and it was just robot propaganda stuff.

The EntropiaRadio player here on EF now has multiple stations. You were listening to the Robot News station :wise:

Info was posted in EntropiaRadio main thread:

The EF radio player has been reconfigured with separate stations.

• EntropiaRadio (Default) - Currently playing Dion's interviews in rotation
  • Robot News - Playing Midori Fairlona's decoded robot news intercepts in rotation

Members can select stations in the EF player as shown here:
picture.php

More stations will be added as more members wish to host radio shows.

I just keep hearing the David interview... 3 times in a row now...

Yup, i tried again and found the entropiaradio channel, but David's interview just ended and then started over again. Gonna have to give up on this for tonight. :/

Same here :scratch2:, only david..

Yup, i tried again and found the entropiaradio channel, but David's interview just ended and then started over again. Gonna have to give up on this for tonight. :/

Same here :scratch2:, only david..

Sorry for the confusion, there was an error with the filename that Dion uploaded (Note to Dion: Don't use any spaces in the filenames!! :wise:).

Should be fixed now.

Realy good interview, i enjoyed it very much.
Keep it up Red!:yay:

Unfortunally, if i get Alf's answers right, they are currently nowhere
near where i thought they were with the CE2.
I got the impression from the interview that they have just
only now started making the map.
If that is so, forget CE2 in 2008.
I hope i got it wrong though cuz i can't wait to see it.

Last edited:
Oh hell Yeah!!!! :yay: I like the idea already!!! LOL yeah it took this long to see the pic!! :D Well worth the wait!!! Fantastic interview as I said before!! :wtg: Keep up the great work!! :beerchug:

Everything has to be credible? Ok, what about the boorums? :laugh:

I heard the intervju too, great pice of reporting Red.

A little OT maby, but on the homepage I only get the drone war intervju, nothing else. When I go through EF I get the intervju though. Is it just my computer (xp with firefox) or is this some other issue (or it is maby suposed to be like this) :confused:

red har en gurka i sin byksa

Translate THAT Red

Back