• No-Post Why

Votes: 4 5.3%

• Total voters

andy5579

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Richard Frankenberry Adams
I wish we had alliances in EU. In the soc terminal, you can give other societies a smiley or unhappy face-why? What good does that do? What we need is a proper alliance list and chat.

In the NBK, we are made up of three societies, based on skill level. (Legion 0-25k, The NBK 25k-100k, and the Natrual Born Killers 100k+) Because we are spread out so much, there is not so much inter soc contact. We arrange events to meet each other and so forth, but when people have moved up the society ladder, it gets much harder to communicate with them even on FL when they are with a new group of friends.

It would make it so much easier to have an alliance system-it would bring soc's together, and societies that would merge with other societies-but want to get to know each other first. I am proposing an alliance channel in the chat, much like the soc channel, but it can be read by everyone in the alliance. Maybe a limit on number of socs in the alliance, maybe not, they both have advantages and disadvantages.

It would make for great comradeship between societies, and would help to strengthen bonds-and that is what keeps people coming back to MMOs-bonds between other players, and ability to get help and advice from others. I would love to be able to help out still in the Legion when I move up to the NBK. By doing this, people would be more inclined to move up, and happier to leave their friends behind-because they would only be a mouseclick away. I know you might just say 'But Frankenberry, what about PMs?' PM's dont contact EVERYONE. This would enable meets to be arranged quickly, and any help from lower socs to be arranged very quickly in the form of rescue parties from an outpost e.t.c. :)
Please discuss and vote!
Thankyou
Frankenberry-NBK Legion

Yes,

the above reasons seem logical to me

Stinky:yay:

agree, its a good idea.

An interesting idea.... I'm sure it can be implemented... much like MSN messenger or skype when you have the option to ADD a person/people to your conversation.

As long as the person is on your FL and logged in, you should be able to right click their name and the Option would appear, and you can choose to invite them to conversation... For example I have Jamhot on my friends list, we are not in the same society, but I could send him a PM ingame inviting him to go on a beacon with us, I see that we are 1 person short, Jamhot says that we should ask Goody! Since I don't have Goody on my FL, but Jamhot does... Jamhot sends the invite to Goody via PM and Goody accepts :yay: 3 way conversation!!

No more monkey in the middle... No more 101 single PM windows...

More than just a hat rack :silly2:

Last edited:
great idea =)
Something i suggested months ago ;D

On this topic I think Marco mentioned that the soc system will be reworked; the mention was made particularly as an aswer to a similar question.
So hopefully we will see this implemented with the Cryengine.

I concurr! :cool:

I think soc comradery is very important... especially with socs that have more than one "soc" (NBK eg, SoF and SoFc etc ;P)

IMO its important to encourage ppl to skillup and reach the higher echelons etc etc (not obligitory though!) but with the lack of "connections" available between structured socs like that, it can be very diffifcult to achieve.

Rip

Has been on our wish list for long...

at least have sub socs or holding structures or the like... and a separate chat for that would also help...

Yup I aggree ;) Sounds like good idea :wtg:

Here's my take on the OP:

It's true - we can set/change attitudes towards other socities, but they're not the same as alliances. But...

Let's take a good, hard look at EU for a moment.

We still have an issue with Avatars going invisible.
We've recently gained the same problem with certain mobs going invisible.
We have items that get "stuck" on top of each other.
Chat channels that simply stop "chatting".
Weapons and FAP "hobbies" (aka Item is busy...).

Do we REALLY need another bugged feature?

It would be far, far faster and easier to grab a free online forum for your massive organization than it would for the Entropia team to write the code for Alliances and work out the bugs.

And since there wouldn't be any flow of either cash or PED, the likelihood of implementation exceeds the likelihood of Turp AtH.

I abstain from voting on this one, but do not disagree this would be a nice "feature".

yes very good idea, I have for a long time wanted to start my own soc which I would only allow my disciples to join, but never have for the simple reason that I wouldnt be able to stay in contact with my current soc on a regular basis. This feature would enable me to do that!

An interesting idea.... I'm sure it can be implemented... much like MSN messenger or skype when you have the option to ADD a person/people to your conversation.

As long as the person is on your FL and logged in, you should be able to right click their name and the Option would appear, and you can choose to invite them to conversation... For example I have Jamhot on my friends list, we are not in the same society, but I could send him a PM ingame inviting him to go on a beacon with us, I see that we are 1 person short, Jamhot says that we should ask Goody! Since I don't have Goody on my FL, but Jamhot does... Jamhot sends the invite to Goody via PM and Goody accepts :yay: 3 way conversation!!

No more monkey in the middle... No more 101 single PM windows...

More than just a hat rack :silly2:

Brilliant response, +rep! I never even thought of that so that is a really good contribution, thankyou :) Communication in MMOs is vital, and something like this would be brilliant to do.

great idea =)
Something i suggested months ago ;D

Ooops sorry dude, I either never saw it, or forgot about it and then thought it was my idea ;) Hehe, sorry man!

I concurr! :cool:

I think soc comradery is very important... especially with socs that have more than one "soc" (NBK eg, SoF and SoFc etc ;P)

IMO its important to encourage ppl to skillup and reach the higher echelons etc etc (not obligitory though!) but with the lack of "connections" available between structured socs like that, it can be very diffifcult to achieve.

Rip

Exactly, thankyou :) It is quite difficult to keep the soc's together-we do have regular meet ups e.t.c. but this would make everything a lot more tight knit-and when you move up societies you don't lose contact with whole soc's.

Here's my take on the OP:

It's true - we can set/change attitudes towards other socities, but they're not the same as alliances. But...

Let's take a good, hard look at EU for a moment.

We still have an issue with Avatars going invisible.
We've recently gained the same problem with certain mobs going invisible.
We have items that get "stuck" on top of each other.
Chat channels that simply stop "chatting".
Weapons and FAP "hobbies" (aka Item is busy...).

Do we REALLY need another bugged feature?

It would be far, far faster and easier to grab a free online forum for your massive organization than it would for the Entropia team to write the code for Alliances and work out the bugs.

And since there wouldn't be any flow of either cash or PED, the likelihood of implementation exceeds the likelihood of Turp AtH.

I abstain from voting on this one, but do not disagree this would be a nice "feature".

Thankyou for your comments, you have some very good points. My main view is that yes, we do have a lot of problems in EU that need addressing, but I don't think that a chat channel would pose too many problems :cool: It would bring a lot more to the game where communication between people is Vital! We used to have a crafting part to the NBK, the NBK Engineers, and we had to use the forum to sell and buy their wares-It would be so nice for one of them to announce in alliance that they have completed a crafting run and are selling XXX of XXX at soc prices :)

We have our own soc forums (two infact, one here and one elsewhere) but it is still not a replacement for an ingame chat option. MA shouldn't have to rely on fan made forums to replace a feature that is in so many other MMOs, and a feature that is vital in so many too.

yes very good idea, I have for a long time wanted to start my own soc which I would only allow my disciples to join, but never have for the simple reason that I wouldnt be able to stay in contact with my current soc on a regular basis. This feature would enable me to do that!

Yes! I wanted to do that a while back-It would give a taste of being the general of a soc, and I wanted to move the disciples up to the NBK Legion once they felt that they were ready, but they could still stay in contact with people in my soc :) It would mean that I could recruit new players constantly without worrying about people becoming inactive-as I would know that they were inactive and be able to kick them at will, and It would make a new subsidiary soc bring in lots of new recruits to the main soc without cluttering the Legion.

Thankyou all for your input! I will +rep the good comments, once my 24 hour limit is up again :)
Frankenberry-NBK Legion

Ooops sorry dude, I either never saw it, or forgot about it and then thought it was my idea ;) Hehe, sorry man!

Nps mate, great minds think alike?:p

A very good idea; this should be implemented without any further delays.

Nice idea :) the only thing that maybe would be a bit annoying.

Think of 2 really big socs in the alliance what would the chat window look like?
There could be over 20 different conversations going on :D

Like this:
Ava1 says: DGIHdjgdhkjhgdkhhgjkdh?
Ava2 says yeahjshkjlgdglkdfjldf
Ava3 says: huhdjg
Ava4 says: yeahuihgfhifgghgikjkdfjgfkhjhfjkn
hjgdfjkghruin irjhgirgjrirgj
Ava2 says: shfjisdghierughierhi5hi55

HOF BLA BLA BLA

and it just keep going :)

I really like the idea of an alliance chat. Multi-level societies could communicate much better. And if players moved up or down, they wouldn't lose easy communication with their old friends.

Shouldn't be hard to implement either.

Thankyou for the kind words and extra ideas :) I will write a revised version of this, point to the thread and submit to mindark and comment on the poll and how many people want this :)

Keep voting and posting if you like it people :) Thanks everyone!

Frankenberry-NBK Legion

Has been on our wish list for long...

at least have sub socs or holding structures or the like... and a separate chat for that would also help...

Very good idea, +rep!

Once more votes are in, Ill submit to MA, and refine the original idea-something with a lot of positive backing will help :)

Frankenberry-NBK Legion

Yes, because it whould be very handy indeed to have a soc combined chat with an other soc or more. :yay:

Great idea! It would be so very helpfull.. TL also has 2 socs, one being the academy, and it is so hard sometimes to work out the promotions to the more skilled soc because of the people left behind. A stronger interaction with the academy would allow better guidance. Allies and soc friends: chatting them through a tab woulb be so damn usefull it's mind-blowing.

I love the idea and on another game I can't mention they have just such a thing for different corps!

The idea would be great for us ck and cks and with Land grab we do have a alliance with AOW / Black Angels and many more so this would be a god send for us!

alliances are olny strong if everyone has the same goals ,, no wonder im freelancing again ;)

This seems like a workaround fix for something that was already a workaround fix. I'm mostly directing this toward the multi-tier societies. Because societies wanted to be ranked in the "Most skilled societies" list, they restrict members with lower skills and instead set up lower tier societies for them. To set up an "alliance" channel seems redundant. If you wanted to communicate with everyone, then you should have everyone in your society. You really need to figure out what your priorities are. Being highly ranked or having easy communication?

And what happens if they do set up this "alliance" channel? Then everyone just chats on that channel and the society channel goes dead. Is having more channels really the answer here?

The only reasonable excuse I can see for this is due to the limit of members in a particular society. Perhaps it's time to bump that number up?

Seems like the best solution to me. Maybe something could be set up here on EF where a said "alliance" could have it's own forum section that only members of the societies in that alliance could have access to.

It's a good idea, especially being able to set up an alliance channel for short term with other socs for events etc.

I think this is on MA's 'to-do' list as stated by Marco in one of the latest interviews. Give it a year :)

In the soc terminal, you can give other societies a smiley or unhappy face-why?

Voted yes and I think the (un)happy face in soc terminal is there because MA will open alliances soon or later.

Back