Question: Am i reading the auction right? Hanger selling for 27k us??

Kundred

Guardian
Just check the in game estate auction and i see a hanger for 27,000 Ped!!!

Is that right or am i reading it wrong???

You don't only read wrong but you type wrong too :D

27k peds = 2.7k $ ;)

if thats correct, put me down for 10 please. in fact as I cant get in game right now someone buy that for me and I'll give you 40,000 ped for it as soon as I log on tonight, instant 13,000 ped profit in less than 10 hours.. good deal eh?

Rip

if thats correct, put me down for 10 please. in fact as I cant get in game right now someone buy that for me and I'll give you 40,000 ped for it as soon as I log on tonight, instant 13,000 ped profit in less than 10 hours.. good deal eh?

Rip

I would do, but that would make me a reseller!!! :D

I checked and its 270,499 = $27,049.90 :)

Hangers suck! The amount of work you have to do to make like 50 ped off a flight is silly.

They are certainly not worth $27k for anything other than an reseller investment for when the new planets arrive... imo of course (which is the only one that counts! :D)

sorry for typo

Sorry - was in shock at the 27k bucks price tag.....

Thats the price of land right? Thought hangers were 5k US.

I think 2 years ago they were :silly2:

Yep :)

And now pilots make 5 times more peds compared to back then, hence the price being 5 times more :yay:

hmmm, if that sells for 27k Us I will more than likely gnaw off my right arm having not held onto that kind of gear. GL to the seller lol (who is it btw? XD)

Rip

is this a bid or a BO?

last sold round these parts was ~170-180k i recall. not sure why anyone would jump to 270k in one go, im sure several would be available if you offered 200k. either way, probably riskiest item you could buy, in 6 months time they could be uber-nerfed.

is this a bid or a BO?

last sold round these parts was ~170-180k i recall. not sure why anyone would jump to 270k in one go, im sure several would be available if you offered 200k. either way, probably riskiest item you could buy, in 6 months time they could be uber-nerfed.

yep i agree but it could also go the other way when then new planets arrive more business perhaps for the pilots but yes buying an hangar is high stakes gamble atm because ma maybe introduces more hangars at that time also

yep i agree but it could also go the other way when then new planets arrive more business perhaps for the pilots but yes buying an hangar is high stakes gamble atm because ma maybe introduces more hangars at that time also

Or even worse maybe there are new type of hangars only for the new planets :scratch2:

It is a huge risk, if they introduce single person ships, or increase cost for these hangers, or or or basicly no one knows whats going to happen. Although I dont think just introducing more hangers will decrease the price of these....

Lok at what happened years ago when new hangers were introduced at TI, they sold for more than any previous sale ( ;) ) and also when Ma dropped a new TP at North space base (which at the time ppl cried and cried about things not being fair and it would devalue other hangers, it did the total opposite. The only thing that has an effect on value would be a complete change in dynamics.

Rip

I wouldn't worry if I was a hangar (or hanger) owner. ok, hangers might lose value but not hangars. MA has never shown signs of those or LA-s or top items to inflate in price. I am willing to bet that they will not step on their own toes that hard. can you believe what will happen to MA after they ruin such investments? we're talking about millions here and not just peds.

J.

Yeah I noticed that last night too but its in a very good location.

By the way which hanger was it that was stole from neverdie?

Business comes with more customers, not with more planets .)

Buck.

more planets will bring more customers.

Or maybe the new planets dont need pilots at all. Those orbs look like giant Teleporters to me....

Maybe both will be an option only time will tell.

Business comes with more customers, not with more planets .)

Buck.

Not entirly true. More destinations will bring more business with zero customer increase. Simply the same people exploring more places. I doubt there are many people that wont go visit a new planet each time one is launched, and with just 4 planets and a user base of 10,000 you share out that level of business between the existing hangars in game and they all get a nice slice of the action with no extra players entering the game. (am being conservative with the figures)

They are certainly not worth $27k
It is worth exactly as much as someone is willing to pay for it, though that someone is definitely not me!!

Mega said:
Or maybe the new planets dont need pilots at all. Those orbs look like giant Teleporters to me....

ya sure, maybe the orbs will be teleporters. but MA could charge ppl to use em like the TP at CP. And hopefully the cost of traveling to the planet would be less with a hangar than an orb, so pilots could still make some profit with that.

Hangars'prices evolution

After few months , what could be the price for the same hangar ?:scratch2:

Not entirly true. More destinations will bring more business with zero customer increase. Simply the same people exploring more places.

On the other hand, lots of people (like me) would hestitate going by ship to a planet with a commersial pilot, because the risk of getting "stuck" there.

Of course the new planets will be explored, but most likely the pioneers in those cases would be people who have a hangar of their own or personally knows a friend who would do VIP-flghts at the cost of oil+decay (soc-owned hangars).

Of course there will also be a problem if the planets are deemed to be say 4x the distance of CND, so it would cost 100 ped/ticket single way if waiting for a full ship or 650 ped for a VIP flight.

As for the pricing of the hangars, the big boost I'd say was when the renting business started, and some people figured out that buying a hangar and rent it out would give 500 ped/week or so without any work at all, and when renting was stopped, well noone want/can sell the hangar for cheaper than they bought them.

There is a big difference from ASKED and SELLING price.

I can ASK 1k$ for the pencil im poking my ear with just now. IF you pay that much its a SELLING price. If not - thats not the price of the certiain pencil.

In past few months - hangars were left unsold in auct when SB was 160000 ped = 16k$. Meaning: they are currently cheaper then that. When someone out of 10 ppl selling right now actually sells a hangar - you will have your pricetag on it.

I.

David Simmonds from MA said hangars will become very lucrative business for a reason. He also said we should expect high prices for interplanetary travel.

David Simmonds from MA said hangars will become very lucrative business for a reason. He also said we should expect high prices for interplanetary travel.

sauce? (and they also said they'd improve MF, Taming, introduce vehicles, everything can still drop....)

assuming the existing hangars/space ships will remain the only method of interplanetary travel, how lucrative the business will be depends on us. as highlighted, are people going to fly off for 100ped knowing they might be stuck there for weeks/months? or are people going to talk their brother/sister/partner/dog into creating an account on the new planet to have alook around first?

Back