Am i the only one forced to be allone in EU ?

BestGamerEver

Dominant
Society
1.Ro
First 1ch3ls Lady
:D like title says i`m more or less forced to live my entropian life allone, isolated from big cittyes like twin or else DC and CTD is all up on my a** :ahh:
Well i`m not miss popularity by my nature anyways but appart from needing to sell my loot stacks from time to time, god hope not to revive in any big city or else i need over 100 login attempts and disconects till i reach the TP and tp in a quiet-non populated area.
...it really tends to become an annoying experience..

so back to title question...i`m allone in this situation?

lag is a bit of an issue here at times too. Ironically, that's why I actually like owning a shop in Omegaton! Not usually too many in the area too often.

:) ;) :eyecrazy:

hmm so u got proper hardware to display all the avatars? I mean could also be that your client crashes due to overload of your RAM. That happens to me regulary when I stay in city for too long so just letting you know.

hmm so u got proper hardware to display all the avatars? I mean could also be that your client crashes due to overload of your RAM. That happens to me regulary when I stay in city for too long so just letting you know.
My specs are:
AMD Phenom X3, 4GB DDR2@1066Mhz, GeForce 9800GT, HDD 500 GB, 750W PSU all in Raidmax Aztec chasis :)
( what? a girl cant love HARDware? )
And i had no problem playing at High-Verry hig settings combination untill this new VU (coincidence? )

I to am also having alot of problems getting in game since the latest VU. Im not having to much trouble in game, once I actualy get in, even in PA, but getting in is a pain in the ass now days. Sometimes just say "screw it" and log into a different MMO that I know will let me in on my 1st attempt.

Using the teleporters at the moment can about 50% of the time lead to Crash to Desktop. At least that is what I am experiencing on Next Island. It got a bit better though since the last patch where it crashed 80 - 90% of the time. Not sure this is directly related your problem, as you're on Calypso and if everyone teleporting there crashed 80% - 90% of the time, all hell would break lose. I just blame it on the Next Island butterflies... yepp, its the butterflies.

In your case, I can only think of OS re-install. Never harms.

pretty shure its not ur setup/hardware..

got myself
Vision AMD Game - PhenomII 1090T 6x3,20GHz (Turbo 3.60GHz) HyperX 8GB DDR3-1333 RAM - AMD HD6870 1GB

and i crash all freaking time, dosent realy matter if i craft, hunt running mining or if im in a "big city"

crash crash crash.. did cost me some nice peds so faar in decay and ammo hunting higher mobs..

BTW..having trouble connecting.. i did never had to open my port in my router, but since a few updates ago, i had same problem, could not conect, and had to try 10x times before i got in.. dont have any problem now, since i just did open my port..

pretty shure its not ur setup/hardware..

got myself
Vision AMD Game - PhenomII 1090T 6x3,20GHz (Turbo 3.60GHz) HyperX 8GB DDR3-1333 RAM - AMD HD6870 1GB

and i crash all freaking time, dosent realy matter if i craft, hunt running mining or if im in a "big city"

crash crash crash.. did cost me some nice peds so faar in decay and ammo hunting higher mobs..

BTW..having trouble connecting.. i did never had to open my port in my router, but since a few updates ago, i had same problem, could not conect, and had to try 10x times before i got in.. dont have any problem now, since i just did open my port..

Ok i admit that SOFTware aint my type :yup: but i know few things just enought to live in peace with my PC`s so, if your kind to, please tell me whitch port i have to open in my router? Maybe it will help my case too.

P.S: Awesome setup you have there:) nothing a girl in my country would afford though :D

There are a few things you should check:

Do you meet the minimum system requirements?
Are all checks green in the"Your Computer"status in the Client Loader?
Try lowering your Connection setting in"Options"on the Entropia Universe Login Window. Even though you have ADSL or an even better connection, try setting the connection speed to 56 kbit to check if that improves your situation. If yes, you may try to set it higher step by step, to see which connection speed works best with your specific system.
If you have a router, make sure the router configuration has the ports listed below forwarded to your computer. Also make sure the firmware of your router is up-to-date (please turn to the manufacturer of your router for any specific questions regarding this matter)
Try disabling the sound in"Tools"in the Client Loader.

Open these ports in your firewall:
20, 21 (TCP Outbound) - Additional TCP Port outbound for passive mode FTP
80 (Outbound)
30584 (UDP inbound/outbound)
30583 (TCP Outbound)
554 (TCP Inbound)
If you still experience issues after these checks have been seen to, please contact Support

Edit.. its a copy past from there homepage. :)

:D like title says i`m more or less forced to live my entropian life allone, isolated from big cittyes like twin or else DC and CTD is all up on my a** :ahh:
Well i`m not miss popularity by my nature anyways but appart from needing to sell my loot stacks from time to time, god hope not to revive in any big city or else i need over 100 login attempts and disconects till i reach the TP and tp in a quiet-non populated area.
...it really tends to become an annoying experience..

so back to title question...i`m allone in this situation?

Yes (to short) you are.

While you got enough RAM, the client can be a bit icky when it comes to swap space. You may have gigs of RAM free, but the client still decides to crash due to lack of swap.

If that still fails, you might try lowering your connection speed to just a tad lower than your uplink speed. You may also want to test both RAM (f.ex. memtest86+) and VRAM (f.ex. VMT - Video Mem Test), and CPU (f.ex prime95).

Best of luck.

I to am also having alot of problems getting in game since the latest VU. Im not having to much trouble in game, once I actualy get in, even in PA, but getting in is a pain in the ass now days. Sometimes just say "screw it" and log into a different MMO that I know will let me in on my 1st attempt.

lol Nukem, I think you need a new computer :wise:

While you got enough RAM, the client can be a bit icky when it comes to swap space. You may have gigs of RAM free, but the client still decides to crash due to lack of swap.

If that still fails, you might try lowering your connection speed to just a tad lower than your uplink speed. You may also want to test both RAM (f.ex. memtest86+) and VRAM (f.ex. VMT - Video Mem Test), and CPU (f.ex prime95).

Best of luck.

All good points. Also, you should note that all 9800 series cards are not created equally. Some were real dogs. And by todays standards, the 9800 series cards should not be running this game at any semblance of quality. That being said, I would expect you have a stick of RAM that has gone bad as this is the most frequent cause of crashes in graphically intensive games.

Back