Amazing complaints....

Dion Red Strike

Stalker
Society
SoF
Dion Red Strike
I understand that people will always find something to complain about. However, te things people complain about never cease to amaze me.

So I dedicate this thread to the amazing complaints I have seen over the years about Mindark, and EU.... and, some quotes that accuractly describe my thoughts. :) Please add the things people complain about that have amused you. This should be an interesting read....
(Also, if you agree with any of these particular complaints, please find the appropriate thread to voice your opinion in that particular thread)

Complaints I have found interesting and amusing;
1) Mindark advertising - people complaining about the slogan 'Are you tired of killing monsters and not getting paid?'

2) The new planets - people are complaining that they will be 'barbie-like' or 'They will bring non-gamers' or 'They will stop advances on Calypso'

3) The Crysis Engine - 'I won't be able to run EU with my computer' (and to add to that - 'I need computer games to stay in the 90's, because I refuse to upgrade)

4) L Items - 'This is so bad for the economy!' (And to add to that, lets just make everything UL so crafters eventually run out of business because everyone has everything...)

5) PVP - 'He tricked me in PVP!'

6) TT Items - (previously) 'I TT'd my item and can't get it back!', (currently) 'I TT'd my item and they want me to pay to get it back!'

7) Kolonel Kalypso - 'Tobbacco products in EU'

8) People using 'regular chat' to sell produtcs/services instead of using the trade chat...

I'll come up with some more later... just had to vent for a few, thanks! :D

H. Stanley Judd said:
"Don't complain because you don't have.
Enjoy what you've got."
Ziggy said:
"You can complain because roses have thorns,
or you can rejoice because thorns have roses."

re #8

They are spammers and should be punished for this.

SPAM = unwanted invasion = breaking the EULA

Mr Dion....

They dont bare analysis: Fact.

Apprentice Jedi
Force Majeure

#3 is great :laugh:

first the ppl complained about the bad grafic (not state of the art ..etc), now they complain about buying a new gfx card...

hey ppl, you don't need the newest 1k$ gfx card ;)

I think a forum is a good place to vent your feelings.
If it is praise or complaint, the forum is a perfect place to discuss about it.

Atleast a So cald "whinner" gives an opinion on what they think can be better in the game, while a "fanboy" just sits happily and plays and contributes with nothing but silence to the game.

Yay!!! Let's all point and laugh at people who have opinions we don't agree with! :yay::yay::yay: (and to add to that: Yay! It's another anti-whine thread!)

Complaints about people complaining :laugh:

Complaints about people complaining :laugh:

Not complaining at all, just highlighting complaints that I have found amusing. I always enjoy a good laugh when someone finds something new to complain about :)

I enjoy a good laugh when people complain about complaining :rolleyes:

1) Mindark advertising - people complaining about the slogan 'Are you tired of killing monsters and not getting paid?'

I dont think anyone complained about the slogan ... many just :rofl: when they heard it :laugh: (i could not stop laughing for 5 minutes )

and again ... what is the topic ?

A Mazing Grace

I'm amazed by the people who are amazed at totally unamazing comments...

..ok, 'amazed' I'm not. Perturbed perhaps, but that is just banal:( - However it has lifted the tone of this thread I think.

I'm just very amused everytime i see a "Oh damn noobzor got a tower or hunting ath! Did he even deposit? Was it "our sweat" money he used to hit that?... Kinda posts...

I was especially amused the other day browsing through old "achievement" section, and finding someone poking at Akon aka Konvicted or something, for having hit a nice find or hunt can't remember now and too bored to go look for it, in his first or second week in-game (in mid 2007 i think) anyhoo... those kind of posts make me laugh...

Oh and the anti-whine-vent-threads-"me luv MA so mucho" also make me smile a bit ... :yay:

Hmm.

There is a border between complaining and pure whining;
Complaints, negative (and positive for that matter) feedback from the community I think is important for the universe and the community to grow.

People do need to give opinions, point out their concerns, and complain once in a while: because thats how MA knows what the playerbase want, and what they do not what.
In a constructive and mature manner, of course.

So Im not suprised, and Im certainly not disappointed in the community when they complain.

Just my :twocents:

Hmm.

There is a border between complaining and pure whining;
Complaints, negative (and positive for that matter) feedback from the community I think is important for the universe and the community to grow.

People do need to give opinions, point out their concerns, and complain once in a while: because thats how MA knows what the playerbase want, and what they do not what.
In a constructive and mature manner, of course.

So Im not suprised, and Im certainly not disappointed in the community when they complain.

Just my :twocents:
Certainly I'm never disappointed when it comes to giving opinions in the form of complaints ;) I am quite suprised though at the 'base' of the complaints.

Communication is nesecary to better outselves, and the world around us. I have no doubt about this. And, without these amusing 'opinions', I would have nothing to disagree with, which would be quite boring.

Well... An issue of mine lately has been the term "swunt"... :boxer:
I hate it so badly! :cool:

Sounds terrible, I almost join groups who say they wanna "sweathunt" instead of "swunt" just because I hate the "swunt" term.... lol :cool:

Not a real issue I know, but it's on my mind everytime I see people who wants to "swunt"...

Me complain about the number/price of ghost feet guards unL... You can add it
Do they even exist? not so sure :p

I have one people that complain about threads that are clearly attempts at getting more EFD yet they still post in the thread giving the person more EFD................:scratch: heyyyyyy wait a minute wtf..........:laugh:

Out from under the Bridge

Certainly I'm never disappointed when it comes to giving opinions in the form of complaints ;) I am quite suprised though at the 'base' of the complaints.

Communication is nesecary to better outselves, and the world around us. I have no doubt about this. And, without these amusing 'opinions', I would have nothing to disagree with, which would be quite boring.

You coming out the closet Dion? Tell you what, why don't you amuse yourself wondering why IMO your attitude defines you as a troll?

It will require going to the 'base' of my assertion, hopefully it won't surprise you too much and prevent you from getting bored.

If you like to argue so much I suggest getting a girlfriend...at least she could bitch slap a bit of sense into you when your ego blinds you from considering other peoples concerns as legitimate.

While some of you complain exemple , may be funny for you , they are real concern for other...
Its not because the problem , is not important to you , that other must feel same...

I think you should re-read what you did post , and put your feet in other player shoes...

I agrea that , some of the complain or whining we read on forum are funny and can create a nice thread for a good laught;For now , its seems to me you did a really bad choise , as most of your exemple are not ridiculous funy and sily complain , but concern from people who look at the game a diferent way than you.

once my complaint was:

I see so many OA101(L) globals from people but I still don't make profit with them :laugh:

edit: later I got 2 ATH and I never complained again lol

Last edited:
You coming out the closet Dion? Tell you what, why don't you amuse yourself wondering why IMO your attitude defines you as a troll?

It will require going to the 'base' of my assertion, hopefully it won't surprise you too much and prevent you from getting bored.

If you like to argue so much I suggest getting a girlfriend...at least she could bitch slap a bit of sense into you when your ego blinds you from considering other peoples concerns as legitimate.

We are going to need a new abbreviation: IM'O' - used for for any opinions that are not Dion Red Strike's.

Last edited:
Well, different people see things differently Red ;)

Mostly I agree with you on the points, but disagree that its amusing/surprising people complained about them.

To me, I just numb this sort of nonsense out. Its just normal marketting babble you see everywhere. I don't see much point in complaining about MA marketting like this, its a global phenomenon, the complaint is more about marketting in general.

At the end of the day, I don't think this will really mislead anyone. Its just a trick to get people to look at EU. Once they've looked at EU, they'll understand the context.

But bottom-line, it is a bit of a deceptive line, hence people will complain about it. No reason to be surprised.

2) The new planets - people are complaining that they will be 'barbie-like' or 'They will bring non-gamers' or 'They will stop advances on Calypso'

I think the fear is new developments are reducing the resources spent on the game aspect of EU, and making it more SL-like.

It's perhaps not helped by the fact we haven't seen much progress content-wise recently due to the big effort on CryEng.

Fact is many people are just here for the 'game'. I think there's merit in people expressing that, even if (as it hopefully will) all the platform developments prove to enhance/add to the game side of things.

3) The Crysis Engine - 'I won't be able to run EU with my computer' (and to add to that - 'I need computer games to stay in the 90's, because I refuse to upgrade)

Well, I think most people who've thought about it will accept that to stay competitive EU needs to improve graphically and that may in the end mean people needing to upgrade.

However, of course people will grumble a bit when they have to upgrade. It costs money ;)

Personally, I'll be more than happy if it turns out I need no upgrades for CryEU. My PC is more than adequate for anything else I use it for, so if I don't, I save some cash.

4) L Items - 'This is so bad for the economy!' (And to add to that, lets just make everything UL so crafters eventually run out of business because everyone has everything...)

L items was a big change. The change will suit some people, and will not suit others. Some of the latter will adapt, some will complain.

5) PVP - 'He tricked me in PVP!'

There are some circumstances where people have acted rather dishonourably in PvP. I don't see any issue with complaining about it.

For instance, before the WoF Round with Mulmun in it, I did a bit of scouting in PvP4 with another England WoF member. If half way through the trip he had unexpectedly shot me dead and ran off with my loot, I dare say I'd have had a few choice words to say on the matter.

6) TT Items - (previously) 'I TT'd my item and can't get it back!', (currently) 'I TT'd my item and they want me to pay to get it back!'

Well, what do expect? People tt their items and then posting a Woohoo thread?

I'm not saying MA's policy is unreasonable, I think the new one is rather good. But many of us make hundreds of transactions a day, and inevitably there will be a few errors. Might be our own fault, but if complaining makes MA come up with better, safer systems then that's all good.

I once gave someone £17.50 change from a £10 note. Sure it was my own mistake. But trust me when I say I didn't have much good to say about the person who calmly pocketed the extra tenner that I later had to replace with my own money ;)

7) Kolonel Kalypso - 'Tobbacco products in EU'

I think complaining was inevitable. I don't really share the complaint, but it was always going to happen.

8) People using 'regular chat' to sell produtcs/services instead of using the trade chat...

I'd complain about that. Selling products/services is what the trade chat is there for. If I'm not after any products/services I want to be able to block out the spam.

the only funny thing about this is.... I have seen ppl complain about UL items too :rolleyes: for the same reason :D

I have one people that complain about threads that are clearly attempts at getting more EFD yet they still post in the thread giving the person more EFD................:scratch: heyyyyyy wait a minute wtf..........:laugh:

except this is in "general discussion", thus not giving and EFD ;)

I love complaining. It's one of lifes few remaining freedoms. I especially love reading people's unreasonable and ungrounded complaints. They quite often make for the most entertaining reading. I like a good chuckle and guffaw at some people complaining about nothing.

Red, I even appreciate your regular complaints at the complainers. It's almost as daft as some of their complaints. Keep the circle going bud!!

I have something to complain about: Weasels.

It's not that I don't like them - I just think they get an unnecessarily bad press. They are pretty smart for rodenty type things. If somebody is a bit slimy, they are often referred to as weasels. I think that's being a bit unkind to the weasel population.

So please, in future, spare a thought for weasels. If you think somebody is a bit 'weasley', please consider another derogatory term. Many thanks.

If enough people complain, Mindark takes notice.

An expensive mining amp being TT'd led to a welcome change in policy recently for example.

If complaints aren't addressed it can lead to people leaving eventually. Not everyone is a masochist.

"If we don’t believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don’t believe in it at all." - Noam Chomsky

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." - George Orwell

There is a critical distinction to be made here between the constructive expression of legitimate concerns towards a perceived greater good, for the benefit of both Mindark’s continued successful development of its product and the satisfaction of its paying customers, and the very different issue of those who might spam the forum purely for the sake of “whining”, where there is no constructive outcome other than to allow them to vent some steam.

For me, the utility of a forum such as this one is to allow and facilitate constructive and meaningful discussion on all things Entropia, which by necessity must include the freedom of expression and essential consideration, without prejudice, of all view points.

I’m a great believer in democracy and freedom of speech, as I believe that such dialogue is an essential part of anything that is to prove a continued and enduring success.

I’m certain that from Mindark’s point of view, a forum which facilitates such discussion and feedback is a highly useful tool in the continued development of their product and their ability to fully understand their customers. Much more useful, in fact, than a hypothetical forum where only “cheerleading” and unquestioning praise would exists.

Imagine the following two scenarios:

1) Nurse: “Yes Michael Jackson, I think another nose job would look great. I have absolute faith that everything you do or suggest is always pure genius. We’re gonna be rich! What could possibly go wrong?”
2) Nurse: “If you want me to be perfectly honest with you, my advice as a friend is that I think it’s already gone too far and that anything further could quite possibly end in disaster.”

Which version do you feel offers the most constructive advice, and which one really and sincerely has the best interests of the recipient in mind?

Sure, we don’t live in a perfect world where everybody has the perfect ability to express and articulate their concerns in the most constructive, rational and effective manner, but that doesn’t mean that those concerns should be arrogantly dismissed or even ridiculed if they differ from our own perspectives. All views, no matter how far wide of the mark they may be, have a right to be expressed and deserve to be heard. If one happens to disagree with a particular point of the view then there is always also a constructive manner in which to express the opposite opinion.

To me, certain comments that I’ve recently read on this forum (including even from certain members of MindArk staff) either seem unable or unwilling to embrace this reality.

Comments such as: “You are free to leave/chip-out/not go to that particular planet!” I find highly dismissive and patronising. For me this is the equivalent of a government saying: “You are free to leave the country if you disagree with our plans and views.”

That is no form of freedom of expression that I recognise, but it does remind me of something much more sinister…

Last edited:
An expensive mining amp being TT'd led to a welcome change in policy recently for example.

yeah and now people complain about:
1) The rule change
2) The reason for the rule change

:D

Back