Help: AMD Graphics Driver Update Did This

ShiityLiLMongo

Old Alpha
Society
Antipodean army
F1ngers ShiityLiLMongo Throatgash
I have now found a fix that works for me so try set on very high graphics with shading quality set to safe mode hope it helps someone....also an older driver works fine too :)

Flashing Black squares in the sky and in the waters started with the last 2 driver updates. I have since gone back to previous driver and working fine......Has any1 else had this problem and if so plz fill out the amd bug report on the AMD software adrenalin edition program....EU support and chat are no help....I have a rx5500 card

index.php

Last edited:
So i have the same problem, seems like turning Shading Quality to safe mode solves the squares issue... but in return game looks like ass so theres that...

Have you tried a clean driver installation? Using DDU (from guru3D.com) to remove the previous driver.

If this doesnt work you should clear the shader cache, do this from the "Tools" option in the launcher.

Let us know if any of these things help or if still having that issue?

( I don't know why that reminded me of Wonkavision )

Have you tried a clean driver installation? Using DDU (from guru3D.com) to remove the previous driver.

If this doesnt work you should clear the shader cache, do this from the "Tools" option in the launcher.

I always clean install my drivers with DDU, (i dont care enough to rollback driver) and this weird glitch is isolated to entropia, also tried to verify files, and reset graphic settings from lanucher but i cannot find shader cache option in my launcher... to me it seems like bad AMD driver or something im running 6950xt myself... i belive you deserve to see it on a gif :p

Yes mine looks same as hawks pic above...If a few of us have it amd driver update should fix it soon enough ..... fill out the amd bug report on the AMD software adrenalin edition program its in the top right corner when u open it only takes a minute....and maybe add EU to it and run EU so there is some data for them to look at

Saw one similar issue on reddit few days ago, only the case in very specific games. Make sure to report it to AMD so they know to fix it in next update

reset graphic settings from lanucher but i cannot find shader cache option in my launcher...
I guess it's that "Reset" button under Graphics but if you want to be sure you can try deleting everything inside the following folder:

<your EU installation path>\public_users_data\shaders\cache

Leave this folder empty and launch the game, see if that helps.

Now I know why AMD is giving a free copy of Starfield if you buy their graphics cards 🤡

sci-fi vignette with retro pixel upgrade

very rare and valuable

@Angel 02 Mercer well that didnt work as well

@ZPF considering the amount of cries i heard about AMD being bad i was relived to see its actually not bad at all in long term use, this shader glitch being first serious problem i encountered

I had that on a broken graphics card once... or it might have been when I had a different hardware issue. Will see if I can dig out the pics later

I have now found a fix that works for me so try set on very high graphics with shading quality set to safe mode hope it helps someone :)

Last edited:
So i have the same problem, seems like turning Shading Quality to safe mode solves the squares issue... but in return game looks like ass so theres that...
I swear I tried this when u posted it and it didnt work and now after next driver update it worked for me :)

in my case a prev version solve the issue
v23.5.2
Mine works fine on that version too but then I have to update driver to play baldours gate and starfield its a pain in the asss

Same here, the funny thing that this glitch disappeares during daylight phase ingame and returns in the evening, night and morning time. i submitted support case, got an answer that this will be investigated and i should wait patiently.

Funny thing that people mentioned Baldurs gate.
Got an user with an amd 6600-series card and had the same glitchy boxes that joined our discord and asked for help.

Since they are not done with playing baldurs gate they will just take as long of a break from Entropia until either Mindark or AMD fixes the issue with the current drivers since swapping driver versions between gaming sessions would be a pain.

I have personally not updated my drivers since this summer and i don't play either of these new games yet... i'll shelf those until this issue is resolved :)

Props to the guys(and gals) prevopusly in this topic that figured it out :)
And i can confirm that the latest drivers from AMD + Entropia still have this glitch (as of me writing this).

Same here with a RX7800XT driver version 23.10.2, slightly annoying, but will hopely be fixed in another driver update.

I have the same problem, i have 6800xt, gona try the fix sugested. Thanks

Last edited:
I tried the shading quality to safe mode fix but the game looks awful. Just have to look down at night i guess :p

Last edited:
I've recently upgraded my GPU and I'm having this exact problem. Setting the shading quality to safe mode hides the issue, I think, because the sky is no longer lit so you can't see the magic squares.

The weird thing is that no other game does this, even old ones from the long gone years of Crysis.

Out of curiosity:
  • Did this start happening after an AMD Driver update or an EU update?
  • Is there anyone with a radeon 5000, 6000 or 7000 series WITHOUT this issue?

same here,got a black square invasion as well,tried reinstal EU,tried updating drivers,can"t go back on drivers update,it sucks

I have this issues as well...
sometimes just work , and someties yea , since only happen in EU i dont even care.... all others game work as should be

AMD probably never going waste resource fix one game that is ninche , so is relay mindark figure out

This has something to do with stars twinkling, and whatever visual effect MA implemented for it.

When the conditions are such that we should be seeing them is when the black box apocalypse begins.

No other game has this issue :S

Same here on my handheld using 6800u chipset. Tried a driver wipe and everything and still doesnt help.

Super annoying considering I bought the handheld mostly to play EU and can't as this bug is way too intrusive....

Wow at last, MA fixed this bug, now i can look at the sky and see the stars :)
Thanks MA

Back