Ammo in Creature Loot tables on Entropedia

Serica

Society
Antipodean Army
Harena Serica Turbinis
As many of you will recall, ammo was re-introduced into loots with VU 8.7.6, in November 2006.

From that time, til just a few weeks ago, ammo was not shown in the Creature Loot tables on Entropedia. I have a vague recollection of a thread where this was discussed, and it was agreed that as all mobs loot all ammo types, ammo shouldn't be included the Creature Loot tables. (Unfortunately I cant find the thread, or I'd add a link)

I've noticed just recently however, ammo has started to appear in an increasing number of the tables.

Checking further on the Edit History pages, I also noticed that all these additions were coming from a single user, and all since VU10.1.
(The same user has also been changing the loot frequencies of items ... but that's another topic I guess)

I asked Witte if there was an official position about this issue, however he suggested I post a thread here for discussion.

So.. what does the community think ?

Who is the active person ? :popcorn: :)

Recording ammo loots is totally pointless, no need for it at all.

I noticed that too and would love it to be removed, but then yet again entropedia relies on the users to update and keep it updated so not sure how to do it or if it's easy just to remove ammo from the loot db.

The player who added it might thought it useful so don't be too hard on him/her, and maybe they read this thread and get a better understanding about it :)

Witte mentioned some time ago that there would be premium memberships on entropedia in the future and that people with a certain number of entries could get it for free. Could that be the reason?

Witte mentioned some time ago that there would be premium memberships on entropedia in the future and that people with a certain number of entries could get it for free. Could that be the reason?

Possibly.

As Serica said, the same person is changing lots of loot frequencies, and also the maturities. Basically all the stuff that most people don't update because they're pointless and/or too subjective.

I noticed that too and would love it to be removed, but then yet again entropedia relies on the users to update and keep it updated so not sure how to do it or if it's easy just to remove ammo from the loot db.

The player who added it might thought it useful so don't be too hard on him/her, and maybe they read this thread and get a better understanding about it :)

Firstly, Witte has said that he can undo all the edits 'with one clik, if deemed necessary', so I guess it won't be hard to change back. :)

I didnt name the person intentionally - tho the information is freely available at minimal effort on Entropedia for the curious - as this is not intended in any way as an attack. My concern here is for the integrity and reliability of the info on Entropedia.

Actually, I hope he/she reads this thread, and pauses for reflection before making further changes to the data. (For example, changing the loot frequency for items can affect the hunting plans of other players - and is something that I would only choose to do after camping a mob for a significant period of time.)

Firstly, Witte has said that he can undo all the edits 'with one clik, if deemed necessary', so I guess it won't be hard to change back. :)

I didnt name the person intentionally - tho the information is freely available at minimal effort on Entropedia for the curious - as this is not intended in any way as an attack. My concern here is for the integrity and reliability of the info on Entropedia.
OK good he can change it easily :)

And I didn't thought of your post but more on the coming posts as I understand why you didn't mention the member who did/do it
And thats my concern too changing frequency is something really hard to do so should only be done by people who camped the mob for really really long times.

Seems to me if the person is changing things that are of no consequence, then no harm no foul. If this person is doing it to gain some sort of premium membership, that that is for the owner/admin to judge.

In the case of ammo in loot, it may be a fruitless effort to add it in, but technically it is more correct, so let the ammo entries stand, so long as he intends to update all of them!

Frequencies are very subjective without a huge co-ordinated effort. The ones that are there are half wrong in my opinion anyway, so again, no harm no foul.

Actually, I hope he/she reads this thread, and pauses for reflection before making further changes to the data. (For example, changing the loot frequency for items can affect the hunting plans of other players - and is something that I would only choose to do after camping a mob for a significant period of time.)

You can send a (non private) message to the user on Entropedia. Just click on "talk" behind the name. The user will be notified on next visit.

As for ammo in loot, I can remember removing it before. It does seem a bit useless, on the other hand it doesn't do much harm either. For a beginner it may be useful to know that all mobs drop all ammo. And maybe drop rates of different ammo differs on different mobs.

As for inaccurate drop rates, I can't really think of a user friendly system to make it more reliable. Suggestions are welcome though.

I think, ammo should be included in the loot table. Simply, because it happens.

For me and for all of us, it's clear. But think about all the new users joining soon. Imagine how many will get wrong info where to find the Explosive ammo ("it drops more from this or that mob") etc.

Back