An enhancement i would like to see.

Suicide

Prowler
Sajinol Suicide Jamison
I was playing last night and just thought of some things that i think would be pretty cool:

I would LOVE to see the mobs on the map appear different colors so you know if they will kick your ass or not. ie. green - np, yellow - tough, red - slappyomomma hard. I know most MMO games do this and i think the reason is, its a cool feature.

I had some more but i cant think of them now. It was late and i was HoFing.. so my growling at the game and its features kinda slipped away replaced by a smile! :D

Also, i love the new SFX and Music. This was a totally kick ass VU iMO.

Suicide

Suicide said:
I was playing last night and just thought of some things that i think would be pretty cool:

I would LOVE to see the mobs on the map appear different colors so you know if they will kick your ass or not. ie. green - np, yellow - tough, red - slappyomomma hard. I know most MMO games do this and i think the reason is, its a cool feature.

I had some more but i cant think of them now. It was late and i was HoFing.. so my growling at the game and its features kinda slipped away replaced by a smile! :D

Also, i love the new SFX and Music. This was a totally kick ass VU iMO.

Suicide

It would be great if the size of the dot on the radar changed depending on the creatures size, so that you could see a difference between a Hogglo and a snablesnot on the radar.

More info on the radar would be great, not sure how it should be done tho.

There's a limit to what can be done with colour alone, we currently have Red, White, Green, Blue, Light Blue and Purple/Pink Thank dont leave much room for anything else, not if you want to be able to tell the difference quickly.

Size, then would be better, but that has it's limitations too, plus it's worth remembering that some small mobs like molisk are just as tough as a larger one like an atrax.

It's a difficult one to resolve, but something that I would like to see :)

An advancement to the radar would be usefull as well as seeing the types of mobs on the radar other option like seeing droped items and your diciple would be good.

Michyblueyes, yeah. That would be great, I'm not sure about seeing dropped items, as that would ruin some events and quests.

But it would be great if you could see you're disciples and people from you're friendlist displayed as other colors on the radar.

Instead of Mindark picking out the radar colors, it would be even better if it was customizable so that you could choice you're own colors. Then you would also be able to select if you would want to see people from you're friendlist in a different color.

Recoda said:
Michyblueyes, yeah. That would be great, I'm not sure about seeing dropped items, as that would ruin some events and quests.

But it would be great if you could see you're disciples and people from you're friendlist displayed as other colors on the radar.

Instead of Mindark picking out the radar colors, it would be even better if it was customizable so that you could choice you're own colors. Then you would also be able to select if you would want to see people from you're friendlist in a different color.

And shapes as well :) We could have X's and O's, Squares, Triangles, etc...

DD
:evilking:

Devil Doll said:
And shapes as well :) We could have X's and O's, Squares, Triangles, etc...

DD
:evilking:

thats a good salvation for the color point

id really like to see a customisable radar too

Recoda said:

Very good idea recoda :thumbup: I have thought about a similar thing on many occasions! It would lift the whole xperience if there were possibilities to modify (not only radar) all the IG menus, with color and text aso..
rep for u

Ahhh! i remember one of my other wishes. That any claims you have be displayed on the radar. i missed on the other night and it pissed me off. I know you can look at the claim deed. But it would be so much easier if it just marked them. Especially when you are mining in the woods and get multiple hits that are 30+ meters away!

Thats prolly my mostest wish! hehe

Suicide

Recoda said:
It would be great if the size of the dot on the radar changed depending on the creatures size, so that you could see a difference between a Hogglo and a snablesnot on the radar.

this might ruin hunting the same way dropped items on radar might ruin treasurehunts. ;)

the reason we HAVE jamraiders during bot attacks and gibnibs/turp/chirpys on the hunting field is to distract us.

to make us think the area is more dangerous than it really is, etc, etc. =) and to confuse us by moving around at high rates of speed.

[edit: i especially want claim rods on radar, now that my av's gone 'old alpha' and cant see anything beyond 20m. =/ ]

[double edit: maybe i can buy tt binoculars that extend my range of viewable objects.. marco? ]

The thing i'd love to see on my radar is claim rods :)
It's really hard to find them nowadays (you only see them within 20 meter), so seeing them on the radar would be awesome ;)

True, I thought it was bad when you could more or less see the whole radar, but it sounds like it's almost impossible to find them if you can only see them within a distance of 20 metres.

That shouldn't be to hard to implent, I guess, as they've already done it to the shopkeepers.

Back