An Idea for Participation

Rayne Jade

Marauder
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Rayne Jade Blackmoore
Fellow Colonists...

I am in contact with a few landowners and would like to get your thoughts on a few ideas.

There are some unique mobs out there and I am sure many of us would welcome the chance to hunt them at the highest maturity. In order to increase the maturity, it costs money. Also, to restore the LA settings back to normal after cost money as well. There is also the issue of once the maturity is increased, the spawn will be slow unless the weak mobs are killed to make room for the strong ones. The opposite takes place when the maturity is reduced afterwards - those strong mobs must go away so the lower ones can return.

What I am basically looking for is comments from the Top Societies. I am talking about the ones that are powerful, motivated, and can wipe out a LandArea in an hour. Can we make this happen?

Here are the steps I think would be needed:

1) Landowner increases maturity (a gamble if none of the following are done)

2) Hunters swarm in to exterminate the low mobs so high mobs can spawn.

3) A hunting event happens to raise some money (taxes) for the LandOwner and help defray the costs of fertilizer.

4) Landowner reduces maturity.

5) Hunters again exterminate the high mobs so the low mobs can return. Without this step, the landowner would risk losing the hunters that normally visit the LA since the high mobs are indeed powerful.

I mean, how many of us can say they hunted Formicacida Majestic's? ;) How about Formidon Prowlers?

So we would need commitments from the community (the larger socs) to make this happen. I am anxious to hear some ideas and thoughts. If I am nuts, feel free to say so, just do it in a constructive way please ;)

Well that went over like a lead balloon... so many complain about new mobs / stronger mobs / etc...

Mods please close... thanks.

Didn't see this until now. It's something I thought about briefly a while ago after a brief conversation with a landowner who was looking at something along these lines. It could make for a cool event, though only really accessible to high level hunters since the whole point would be to make high level mobs.

But as you say, the big question is how to do it without the landowner losing loads of money, and how much the landowner is prepared to lose in the interests of promotion and publicity.

Off the top of my head I can think of 7 mobs/areas that would work for something like this.

Interesting idea, are you sure you want it locked Rayne?

I'll post my thoughts in the mean time. I part like it as it'd be nice to be able to have a go at some of the stalkers. However, I really hate it from a point of view of normal hunting. For instance I hunt Formidon and Formicacidas in the LAs that exist as they are now. Formi Majestics and Formidon Stalkers would be unhuntable for me except in team. Higher maturity mobs are, imo, much more likely to drop items than lower maturity mobs. As a result I tend not to hunt in land areas for quite a long time after they do the 'we'll have stalkers for 2 weeks then drop it to youngs' thing. Obviously I could be completely wrong, but in my mind there's the possibility that they dropped anything they were going to drop when the stalkers were there, and then they're never going to drop anything afterwards when there's youngs.

I do appreciate the comments, gentlemen. It was just that this sat lifeless for about a week. This is a tough nut to crack - I would not want any land owner losing money, and at the same time those tough mobs would be impossible for the average (even high level) player to take on... alone.

So... let's see if some good people from the top socs will chime in. I am looking at YOU Art of War, M2S, AD, Chaos Crew, Shaolin, Elite Group, Warants, Riga Team, cK... I did not intentially leave out a soc, these are the ones that came to mind. In fact, any society (or team of societies) can comment.

Do you guys have the muscle to take on Formidon Stalkers or Fomicacida Majestics for a few days...? Have a knock-down, drag-out competition with the other socs that claim to be better..? Let's hear it! :poke:

(Thx Jimmy)

Last edited:
Tap, tap.... is this thing on...? Where are you top soc leaders? Is this something you might be interested in doing? Am I too "unknown" to be worthy of a response? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Seriously, we have the means to make some seriously challenging mobs. Will the best of EU take advantage of it?

EDIT: I just did some PM spamming to some "well-known" society leaders / members. Let's see what happens...

Last edited:
Do you guys have the muscle to take on Formidon Stalkers or Fomicacida Majestics for a few days...? Have a knock-down, drag-out competition with the other socs that claim to be better..? Let's hear it! :poke:

My soc probably doesnt have the brute force you are looking for.

We might rank 18/19 last time I looked, but we are a small soc, only six of us.. even then, we all very much do our own thing.

If this went ahead, there would probably only be 2 of us willing to hunt bigger mobs.

I guess you really need to get some feed-back from the Big Boys in top 10, saying that, some very skilled people in large socs throughout top 50 (might be an idea to pm ALL top 50 leader's)

But it seems an interesting idea, so hopefully more people will post with thier opinion's :)

I guess you really need to get some feed-back from the Big Boys in top 10, saying that, some very skilled people in large socs throughout top 50 (might be an idea to pm ALL top 50 leader's)...

Thanks for your comments, DJ. That is exactly what I am trying to do... they are not as easy to find as I had hoped :scratch2:

Of course, Divine Justice could always team up with ViaD... :laugh: Just a suggestion ;)

Hey and sorry for not responding sooner, havent been on forums much lately so didnt see this until i saw the pm from you ;)

Fun idea and trust me youre not the first to have it, been wanting some sort of "eventmode" for landareas where it doesnt cost a tonne of money to do a different maturity/density for a day/a few days since landareas came ingame more or less.
Problem is it does just that... cost an obscene amount of money so only times it makes sense to change maturity is for the "long haul" so to speak. (talking alot of peds here, not just a few hundred to "force" maturity up and down alone on lets say 2 DNA samples for a couple of days).
So would have to be one hell of an event to make up for that ;)

Your second "problem" with cleaning the area isnt too bad though, just wait for server to restart after you changed maturity and *poof* old mobs gone, new ones in (slightly inaccurate i know if one is planning a weekend event friday night lol, but it works ;)) :laugh:

Society interested in helping cleaning? No idea and kinda hard to plan something like that without specifics... If youre gonna try and do this id simply suggest posting it on forums a week in advance as a "free for all" type of thing and ask for help, im guessing you would be surprised how many people turn up to an area they know will be heavily hunted eventstyle ;)

Oh and to JimmyB: maturity vs "rare" itemdrops (not counting high hp=bigger chance of global=bigger chance of (L) gun into "rares") is simply bullshit :)
Its all timed, nothing more nothing less. Same as some days you can loot 10 HL11 on scips, and the day after 0, and one day of the year a random nib can loot an adj fap from ambu and then the next year none ;)
However if you put a shitload of people hunting the same area regardless what maturity is? then yes bigger chance something fun will drop...
And also some mobs might actually drop different items depending on maturities (small scips HL8, big HL11 comes to mind, thats was one of the reasons we tried maxing cersu to see if they dropped something new....)
But saying that having lets say hogglo stalkers on TI for 2 weeks would some way make youngs drop less of the same items afterwards (provided they are hunted equal amounts of peds per day etc) is wrong unless MA changed something very very drastically.

Btw most items in PE history, the new unlSIB with insane tt excluded, dropped from one of the lowest 3 maturities (i.e. young->old) and in small globals or minis... not from big mobs maturitywise.
And yes thats fucking stupid, and was one of the major problems with the "old" loot system and still is in the one we got now since its simply not rewarding enough to skill up and hunt the big stuff vs picking up a korss and hunting small crap, but thats a different discussion ;)

Oh and to JimmyB: maturity vs "rare" itemdrops (not counting high hp=bigger chance of global=bigger chance of (L) gun into "rares") is simply bullshit :)

Well I'm just going by my own experience Optima, and I do tend to do better for markup in general with higher maturity mobs than lower maturity mobs. I'm not necessarily just talking about really rare items, even for things like molisk teeth and minor tp chips, I find I get better return markup-wise hunting higher maturity mobs for the same sized ped runs.

I don't think its that outrageous to think maturity plays a part. Some mobs do have completely different drops these days depending on maturity (eg. hunt an 100 ped on equus young and 100 ped on equus stalker and you see the difference in the oils straight away) so it seems to me maturity certainly can have some impact on drops.

But yes I certainly agree timing plays its part too.

I know the comment I made in the post above is highly speculative though. Its just something that plays on my mind as a possibility so I choose to avoid such LAs for a month or two afterwards as a result. There's plenty to choose from so its not a big loss to me, its just one less thing to think about.

Thanks for the PM Rayne, this is honestly a fun idea IMO and something that could, if managed and promoted properly, pay for it's own cost for the LA Owner.

First off I think as mentioned above this event would need to be highly publicized. I don't think it could occur within the limitations of today's in game event system but would rather need to be, for instance, a week long contest in that LA. That way the owner spreads his cost of changing mob maturity over a number of days instead of a number of hours.

Avoiding the in game event system allows for teams to take part which I believe would be critical for success and profit for the LA Owner. Providing a cash award to whatever individual or team scores the highest or most loot during that week could be one way of doing it.

An 8-10 man team of lower level players with L guns should be able to handle mobs like either kind of Formi in max maturity. Obviously Hogglo Stalkers are an entirely different discussion so I think picking the right mob and right maturity is still important.

I can promise you one thing, my socmates and I would whole heartedly support this kind of event by assembling big ass teams and smokin' some of those mobs. :)

I say great idea, it can't happen soon enough! :D

Thanks for the PM Rayne, this is honestly a fun idea IMO and something that could, if managed and promoted properly, pay for it's own cost for the LA Owner.

First off I think as mentioned above this event would need to be highly publicized. I don't think it could occur within the limitations of today's in game event system but would rather need to be, for instance, a week long contest in that LA. That way the owner spreads his cost of changing mob maturity over a number of days instead of a number of hours.

Exactly what I was thinking as well... must go for a good while as you said. I was considering having the area available for about 2-3 weeks. The societies (singular or multiple socs in one team) could then choose the time that best suits THEM for their run at glory.

Avoiding the in game event system allows for teams to take part which I believe would be critical for success and profit for the LA Owner. Providing a cash award to whatever individual or team scores the highest or most loot during that week could be one way of doing it.

Ahh... that is the sticky part... what is that award and where does it come from? Should each group participating pay an entry fee? Should the LA owner pay the award? I am thinking both. The LA owner will bear a cost to alter the spawn, but consider the possible taxes on the hunts.

An 8-10 man team of lower level players with L guns should be able to handle mobs like either kind of Formi in max maturity. Obviously Hogglo Stalkers are an entirely different discussion so I think picking the right mob and right maturity is still important.

I can promise you one thing, my socmates and I would whole heartedly support this kind of event by assembling big ass teams and smokin' some of those mobs. :)

I say great idea, it can't happen soon enough! :D

I appreciate your comments! Thanks for dropping in. Now we must convince the heavy hitters in EU to take part... and we need an LA that we can tweak.

The hard part is going to be asking for each participant to pay a fee, that's going to be nearly impossible to manage.

I'm not sure of the solution just yet, maybe ask the LA owner to split some % of their profits for the week? That way the prize payout is biased such that the LA Owner brave enough to try this out isn't put in a high risk situtation and fee collection isn't required...

If this is an unsuccessful venture for the LA Owner then they aren't forced to pay the winning team anything... But if it turns out to be a good money maker then the owner and the participants make out good. :)

Well I'm just going by my own experience Optima, and I do tend to do better for markup in general with higher maturity mobs than lower maturity mobs. I'm not necessarily just talking about really rare items, even for things like molisk teeth and minor tp chips, I find I get better return markup-wise hunting higher maturity mobs for the same sized ped runs.

I don't think its that outrageous to think maturity plays a part. Some mobs do have completely different drops these days depending on maturity (eg. hunt an 100 ped on equus young and 100 ped on equus stalker and you see the difference in the oils straight away) so it seems to me maturity certainly can have some impact on drops.

But yes I certainly agree timing plays its part too.

I know the comment I made in the post above is highly speculative though. Its just something that plays on my mind as a possibility so I choose to avoid such LAs for a month or two afterwards as a result. There's plenty to choose from so its not a big loss to me, its just one less thing to think about.

So basically we agree then? Tried to find something different from my responce but couldnt lol.

(btw if its the language being a bit harsh youre referring to, then yes this is a bit of a pet peeve for me, and yes i still think the system doesnt even come close to rewarding highend hunters for "doing all" thats required to do so (so to speak). MA are finally showing signs of changing some stuff (like we both mentioned) so high vs low maturity on mobs can drop totally different items. Theres still a long way to go though ;))

So basically we agree then? Tried to find something different from my responce but couldnt lol.

(btw if its the language being a bit harsh youre referring to, then yes this is a bit of a pet peeve for me, and yes i still think the system doesnt even come close to rewarding highend hunters for "doing all" thats required to do so (so to speak). MA are finally showing signs of changing some stuff (like we both mentioned) so high vs low maturity on mobs can drop totally different items. Theres still a long way to go though ;))

I thought mine was a bit different to yours hehe, but maybe I misread you a bit! And no the language is fine, I can take it :D

Anyway, we're off-topic I guess, my fault.

I mean, how many of us can say they hunted Formicacida Majestic's? ;) How about Formidon Prowlers?

So we would need commitments from the community (the larger socs) to make this happen. I am anxious to hear some ideas and thoughts. If I am nuts, feel free to say so, just do it in a constructive way please ;)

to my understanding, you are seeking ways to hep landowners out of problems of their making. if this is the case, i sincerely hope you're getting the reward you truly deserve.

land ownerships is big undertaking, involves a lot of risk and sometimes very costly, but it can also be very rewarding if managed properly. the cost associated with mob maturity and/or density change can not be avoided, and should be not done drastically, but gradually, unless ofc it is absolutely nesc to change the type of mob completely. it is the proverbial "bitter pill" land owners must swallow - cost of doing business.

imo, the cost of correcting mistakes made to land settings are minuscule compared to the total cost acquiring the land itself and should not be passed to any one. however, there are ways to defray and/or recover this cost over time, which is what this thread is all about, if i'm not mistaken.

if land owners would extend their view beyond their ped cards, they will probably see a n00b in storm coat willing to help.

Last edited:
to my understanding, you are seeking ways to hep landowners out of problems of their making. if this is the case, i sincerely hope you're getting the reward you truly deserve.

land ownerships is big undertaking, involves a lot of risk and sometimes very costly, but it can also be very rewarding if managed properly. the cost associated with mob maturity and/or density change can not be avoided, and should be not done drastically, but gradually, unless ofc it is absolutely nesc to change the type of mob completely. it is the proverbial "bitter pill" land owners must swallow - cost of doing business.

imo, the cost of correcting mistakes made to land settings are minuscule compared to the total cost acquiring the land itself and should not be passed to any one. however, there are ways to defray and/or recover this cost over time, which is what this thread is all about, if i'm not mistaken.

if land owners would extend their view beyond their ped cards, they will probably see a n00b in storm coat willing to help.

Honestly, I do not understand what you are saying. I never mentioned anything about "helping landowners out of problems of their own making". I suggested an opportunity for the players to hunt large, strong mobs that do not normally appear naturally ingame. One of the issues would be to try to help the landowner because it costs a lot to change up the spawn. We could all have some fun and maybe with larger maturities, rare items might drop. It would be wrong to simply ask a landowner to spend 1000s of PED to increase the spawn for a hunt only to reduce it later. Mutual assistance would be what I am seeking.

Back