An Old PE Player New to EU

fo0d

Old Alpha
Society
The Disturbed Ones
Freddy fo0d Kreuger
I thought I would take advantage of a short lunch brake to eventually try to invite myself into these forums.

To do so I though I could remind some of you what PE/EU all looked like before..

I have been taking a look at these forums for a couple of days, and have been trying to understand the differences that make the new EU different from the old PE.

I have played Project Entropia for a period of a year back in 2004. My profession used to be "Orange clothed Oil Rigger". I would spend days trying to get enough oil to purchase ammo and waste precious minutes being chased by angry unlootable animals. I used to have a couple of friends here and there, we would run around like idiots while PKers would shoot us in the back to avoid having their oil stolen again. TT terminals were unfair, the only way to get a gun for cheap was having a mentor giving you one for free. There were no fruits, dung, and purchasing PEDS was unreachable for me (I had little or no money). :silly2:

I would spend up to 12 hours a day/night playing, sleep an hour or two and go back to work.

I used to make part of a society for a while [Dont remember the name] that bought sweat at a much higher value than usual.. Having 20 PEDs was a hard achievement....

Now things have apparently changed. There are forums full of helpful people trying to give new ideas to n00bs, trying to make PE (or EU) a more stable, safe, profitable place.. People back then thought of MA as a dark mysterious monster, now it's spoken of as an ordinary business with very understandable marketing ideas..

I find myself now, to have 26 years of age, a professional site manager, with some money to spend, soon to be an Entropian again, with little or no knowledge of the new Universe that I am about to "download" :rolleyes:

In other words, I look forward to meeting many of you in game (even if the MA contract specifies this is NOT a game :laugh:) and I felt the need to actually let many of you know (with a boring, long, tedious post) that this forum really did give me some ideas for a safe-start, I'm sure that 100% n00bs, similar to me, will find this place more and more helpful as time passes.

I guess I'll have to run for many of you soon :laugh:

Nice introduction food, warm welcome to ef and eu again :) If you have any question feel free to ask.

lol Fo0d...you're so ancient :laugh:

2004 was a long time before I started, getting oil from the rig was hard in 2006, I think it'd be nigh on impossible for an OJ nowadays.

You may wish to sweat at either Swamp Camp or Nea's Place to try and obtain 20 ped, but it'll take you a good few hours.

There is also fruit and stone finding:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...116-basic-fruit-stone-dung-walking-guide.html

However as you are now "a professional site manager, with some money to spend" you may wish to bypass all that with an initial deposit and buy some basic gear - Opalo rifle, Vivo T1 first aid kit and some Pixie armor and try hunting or mining.

PS: Welcome back :)

yes, and in case you look for a nice society i recommend Odysseus Templar Initiates (OT-I) :)

the old players say, some fundamental things have not changed since the beginning. I think the biggest change came with the L-item waves. VU after Vu this became heavier and changed the structure totally. Now the mob-nerfs did the rest to change it completely. Many good and bad things got implemented... way to much to put it in a small thread

Just curious, do you crete a new ava or do you still have your old one?

nice intro and welcome back :)

Just curious, do you crete a new ava or do you still have your old one?

Apparently my old account has been deleted due to inactivity. So I have created a new account a couple of days back, made a little deposit to try out my credit card compatibility and am waiting for my home setup to proceed with my avatar creation.

I'm a bit dissapointed by the fact that my old account has been removed, as I have a couple of people I would have been happy to catch. If they have kept playing, by this time they sure will have become Ubers :D

Plus, someof them managed to steal so much oil they had no need to skill :laugh:, so maybe they'd still be wearing nice orange suits!

Welcome back & I hope to see you in game soon :)

Welcome back, food!

EU is kind of like a cousin you haven't seen in years. If you hold the cousin at arms length, look closely, move your head left and right a little, you'll recognize that the person does have a resemblance to the kid you used to play with at grandmas house.

There's still a little PE under there, but you have to look for it.

AG

Too bad of your old account (slight chance even that there might have been a nice suprise your inventory in the form of now pricey looted clothes orso ;)).

Nonetheless... welcome 'new' foOd :)!

Apparently my old account has been deleted due to inactivity. So I have created a new account a couple of days back, made a little deposit to try out my credit card compatibility and am waiting for my home setup to proceed with my avatar creation.

I'm a bit dissapointed by the fact that my old account has been removed, as I have a couple of people I would have been happy to catch. If they have kept playing, by this time they sure will have become Ubers :D

Plus, someof them managed to steal so much oil they had no need to skill :laugh:, so maybe they'd still be wearing nice orange suits!

I think it would be possible to retrieve the old account if I remember correct.

Hiya Fo0d.. I confess, the name sounds familiar... Maybe we crossed paths back then.

I'd sway to the contrary of what most people have been saying - not a great deal has changed really. I mean, the essence of the game is still much the same, and many of the graphics are similar, if updated.

You still hunt in much the same way, mine and craft. There's a few other things you can do now that you couldn't do then (taming and beauty to name a couple) but they are either not particularly useful, or prohibitively expensive to get into.

Avatars (looks) are quite different, of course, but that's to be expected. The basic principles are the same as PE was really, even if prices have gone way beyond what most people would deem to be reasonable.

I'm fairly sure if I played a lot in 2004 and came back now, I'd probably hate the way it is now. In fact, I do :)

You make a good point about the way EU used to be a much more mysterious beast. I kinda liked it that way, as there's hardly any mystery in it now, and not in a good way.

Anyways, hope you find something in there for ya ;)

Hiya Fo0d.. I confess, the name sounds familiar... Maybe we crossed paths back then.

Possible, as soon as I noticed your nick I thought "I know this guy.."

Will see if anything comes to mind.

I have some good news: Managed to ressurect my old account.

Bad news: Apparently nothing has changed as it "merged" with my existing one :scratch2:

But anyway, as I dont really think of this game as investment but only a good way to reduce my social life to nul, I don't really care for what I have lost (asides from the friend list of course).

AlphaGeek: As long as the PE left in UE does not consist of people begging for Pecs, I'll be more than happy to discover its ruins :laugh:

grats on the resurrection, I hope your attribute skills are not gone?

Will have to check when I download, install and try out the new universe.. I cannot check atm. I noticed though that on the Entropiauniverse.com items page I currently have nothing. So i presume everything has been resetted. Including my 1 PED hot black jacket and 1PED smooth black pants. :laugh:

Yea cause that would suck!
If so you would have lost some nice initial attributes which newcomers don't get these days and less hp...
Write a nice support case if you've lost your skills, imo!

Will have to check when I download, install and try out the new universe.. I cannot check atm. I noticed though that on the Entropiauniverse.com items page I currently have nothing. So i presume everything has been resetted. Including my 1 PED hot black jacket and 1PED smooth black pants. :laugh:

if those were looted clothes u miss out on some peds now :(

After 550 days, they wipe your attributes, skills and items, but give you the TT value, so you may have at least have a few ped on your card - small compensation though for any old skool gear. :(

welcome back !

I only started playing a few months ago, but from what I understand, one of the biggest differences is the price of things. Stuff that was affordable in PE are now unattainable by most in EU. Also, because the cap on sweating was removed, the price of sweat has plummeted. The generous price you might have gotten from selling sweat to soc members will be unheard of now. Also there are lots of scammers running amok. You'll want to check out the threads here that discuss the various scams so you aren't victimized. It's unfortunate when a new player's experience is tainted because of a greedy scammer.

But I guess some things don't change. There are still beggars asking for PECs and free stuff. :laugh:

Wish i could manage to take a 4 day break let alone 4 years :eek:

Welcome back :yay:

I have a question for you Sir....
You list your interests as 'Herps'. What might that be??
Inquiring minds and all......

Welcome back, hope you enjoy the place called EU, ive been around since jan -04 so we might have met back in the days. Anyway gl out there.

/Arwen

I have a question for you Sir....
You list your interests as 'Herps'. What might that be??
Inquiring minds and all......

Herps probably refers to Herpetology, which is the study of reptiles and amphibians. I would imagine he likes lizards and frogs?

Welcome home :D

nice introduction :)

Hi

And welcome back. Some changes have been made since back in 2004...

Enjoy.

James Walker Williams
Guardians of Valhalla

So i presume everything has been resetted. Including my 1 PED hot black jacket and 1PED smooth black pants. :laugh:

I've been here years and I've never even heard of those....so chances are they will have been worth a fortune now, so it's horrible to hear they got liquidated.

My 5 ped Black F Slacks from Zychion stores that don't exist anymore for example are now worth above TT+400 last I looked.

Not wanting to depress ya, but old gear is worth a lot.

Back