Question: Ancient red scorpion

skunkjunk

Alpha
Society
Universal born looters
skunk skunkjunk junk
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&id=1600

I was wondering if the ARS wil stay a normal drop or wil it stop dropping once cyrene goes out of developmend stage.

Looking at stats i assuming this wil be a temperarely available gun like old style ancient from pre gold calypso.

Any toughts..
grtz skunk

I don't think it drops anymore. If it does, then it is now very rare.

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&id=1600

I was wondering if the ARS wil stay a normal drop or wil it stop dropping once cyrene goes out of developmend stage.

Looking at stats i assuming this wil be a temperarely available gun like old style ancient from pre gold calypso.

Any toughts..
grtz skunk

I have been thinking a bit about this as well

Considering it is a handgun with 60 meter range there really is not many in game with that except for some "Ancient" guns on calypso

But what scared me is that it is from another planet... I have no idea how the "name-giving" on a item is done from Mindarks side...

Is there only "pre-gold" items that is allowed to be mentioned Ancient?

Could we today on calypso loot a ancient gun? No, since it is from the ancient times on Calypso.... It is considered super rare

but seeing as one looted on cyrene it got me thinking, is it really a ancient item, or is it just called ancient?

Very hard to say at this point I guess we just have to wait and see? I hope that it will stop dropping and then only those that exists now will be the ones existing in the future of Entropia, that would at least keep "Ancient" what "Ancient" today is :)

(i had one for a while during foul mission, strapped A101 to it... completely amazing gun, quick, long range, fun... Drains damn little ammo compared to the decay when u use a101 on it since a101 does not drain any ammo. Look at the TT value of it, it is really high for a reason.. It decays quickly, at least compared to other guns with the same damage interval)

Since Planet Cyrene has not even "come out of it's shell" yet (No hard launch yet). Then yes I believe this gun is named ancient for a reason and probably because after the hard launch it will not be looted anymore (Like calypso golden age). Get them while their hot guys =)

Hehe, I've been hunting Dusters on Cyrene for the past 2 days in hope to loot either ARS or Bevis Fire Fire (from named duster Bevis which spawns occasionally), out of curiosity mostly, never ever looted SIB weapon :) 2.5k ped ammo later I still haven't seen Bevis nor looted any ARS. So it seems already over.

I have been thinking a bit about this as well

Considering it is a handgun with 60 meter range there really is not many in game with that except for some "Ancient" guns on calypso

But what scared me is that it is from another planet... I have no idea how the "name-giving" on a item is done from Mindarks side...

Is there only "pre-gold" items that is allowed to be mentioned Ancient?

Could we today on calypso loot a ancient gun? No, since it is from the ancient times on Calypso.... It is considered super rare

but seeing as one looted on cyrene it got me thinking, is it really a ancient item, or is it just called ancient?

Very hard to say at this point I guess we just have to wait and see? I hope that it will stop dropping and then only those that exists now will be the ones existing in the future of Entropia, that would at least keep "Ancient" what "Ancient" today is :)

(i had one for a while during foul mission, strapped A101 to it... completely amazing gun, quick, long range, fun... Drains damn little ammo compared to the decay when u use a101 on it since a101 does not drain any ammo. Look at the TT value of it, it is really high for a reason.. It decays quickly, at least compared to other guns with the same damage interval)

agree awsome little gun , very eco and a dps allowing a desent range of mobs..and the range just sick.

Absolutely love the ARS gun. Never thought I'd have something like this ingame. It's totally insane for the weapon that it is. I use it mainly as a tagger. But even on its own is deadly and lots of fun lol.

anyone seen it drop since post ?

I gave up after cycling 6k ped ammo :) Looted one Bevis Fire though, which is no wonder considering how fast they lose MU :D ARS, on the other hand, seem are gaining markup.

lvl 11- 12??? not sure but i think it around that , wont be to far of

Still not understanding why all the excitement over such a low DPS gun? I must have missed the memo.

Menace

Still not understanding why all the excitement over such a low DPS gun?

Some people are stuck at that level forever. I managed to reach Combat Sense using only breers m2a (L), thousands of them :). Would be a blessing to own something like this back then.

And awesome speed :)

The weapon is a curse. People will realise that they cannot profit even if they have the best eco...

"2.969 with a101 and still I don't profit! and exarosaurs don't even chew on my armour because they die before they reach me!"

There is no eco. There is only pay for entertainment.

(oww and perception/hotspots, but I'm not saying that out loud)

Last edited:
The weapon is a curse. People will realise that they cannot profit even if they have the best eco...

2.969 with a101 and still I don't profit! and exarosaurs don't even chew on my armour because they die before they reach me!

There is no eco. There is only pay for entertainment.

(oww and perception/hotspots, but I'm not saying that out loud)

Eco doesn't mean squat if you hunt only mobs with TT food. For example I hunt tiarak's with this weapon on arkadia their MU on hides is stable at 119% this increases my chances to profit, quite significant. If you want to always profit go hunt caraboks naked their hides have awesome MU. As long as you don't overkill too much, your worst case scenario is break-even. Profit is normal on caraboks :)

Another thing is common sense.. don't continue hunting the same mob if you've gotten 5 novas/no looters in a row if you've killed 20-30 mobs and you haven't gotten even a mini (above 2 ped) then change mob/area or finish hunt later. If you don't do this 99% of the time you'll have a big loss.

Last edited:
Another thing to keep in mind is how much does any weapon blow your budget under the guise of "eco".

A way to compute this is: Cost per shot * Number of shots per minute for the weapon. Since all weapons have # of attacks per minute listed, we can use the minute as a baseline expense indicator.

(Using Entropedia Data)
For Ancient Red Scorpion: COST = 2.625 pecs per shot with 67 attacks/min = 1.76 peds cost per full 67 shots/min.

We can sometimes dismiss the real cost of weapons when we see PECs, but as you can see upon full allocated use of 67 shots its a ped burner as well.

The weapon itself looks more like a rifle than a pistol. So it's possible they may change the skill requirement category accordingly. Shouldn't affect it's stats though unless they also made a mistake on them. Did anyone ask support or Cyrene about this?

The weapon itself looks more like a rifle than a pistol. So it's possible they may change the skill requirement category accordingly. Shouldn't affect it's stats though unless they also made a mistake on them. Did anyone ask support or Cyrene about this?

It looks exactly like S.I. Scorpion (just painted red) which is Cyrene's tt pistol from the Day 1.

Isn't Eco key to being successful?

Not when you get no MU in return.

You'll end up with 90% TT returns anyway, no matter how ECO you hunt. 100% If you hit something big from being ''lucky''. So to make up for that 10%, you need MU ;)

ECO simply makes you survive the bad ''dynamic'' period easier.

It looks exactly like S.I. Scorpion (just painted red) which is Cyrene's tt pistol from the Day 1.

Cyrene's tt pistol is also bugged woot :rolleyes:

cigar-smoking-gi-with-very-big-gun-thumb18425794.jpg

George: What do you call that !

Cyrene: A pistol

Last edited:
Still not understanding why all the excitement over such a low DPS gun? I must have missed the memo.

Menace

It´s the poor man´s mod-merc!

:yay:

It´s the poor man´s mod-merc!

:yay:

Not poor man. No poor man will buy ARS. But it's the equivalent of a "low-level mod merc". That I might agree.

All the hype over the ARS? It's quite simple to understand why. The weapon is mind blowing for its category (handgun). It's like having a old school non sib pistol but maxed. So like an Imp21 or Mod Merc. DPS is relative to mob your hunting.

Not poor man. No poor man will buy ARS. But it's the equivalent of a "low-level mod merc". That I might agree.

Aren't they like +300? Sounds like poor man's market to me.

Menace

looted one 2 weeks ago w/o global so they drop

Menace

67 Attacks/ min + naked fun at low level mobs by simply dont have to worry about the tt outcome of that hunt makes it a good gun for me

Still drops...

Price will drop within the next months ;)

Back