Animal Taming Profession?

BattleAxe

Provider
Indestructible BattleAxe OfPain
Hey,

I've heard that the animal taming profession has been taken away until sometime in January or June, when it should come back. Has anyone else heard something about this? And, if it's true that the animal taming profession has been temporarily taken away, why are whips still being bought and sold? I noticed on entropiabay that a whip had been sold just two or three days ago... And I'm pretty sure that nutrio bars are still going strong as well in the auction.

While I'm on the subject, what exactly was the animal taming prof.? I've heard you could advertise with your pet, but could you ride it? Could you use it to hunt other animals or other players?

Thank you,

BattleAxe

I was not an expert but...

I know animal taming is on the way back and believe it was roadmapped for this year (Q1?)

Whips can be used against creatures other than animals I think and you can still gain skills in them.

And some people are always prospecting that a random item will suddenly spike in price and stockpiling them where possible as well.

Animal Taming was limited previously to having the animal perform some tricks, follow you around, etc.
It had some limited application in that you could briefly hide behind some creatures in PvP areas.

There was no scope for riding, having the animal carry things, or have it attack for you.

These concepts HAVE been suggested as possible / probable upgrades to the new system once it's released.

I know animal taming is on the way back and believe it was roadmapped for this year (Q1?)

Whips can be used against creatures other than animals I think and you can still gain skills in them.

And some people are always prospecting that a random item will suddenly spike in price and stockpiling them where possible as well.

Animal Taming was limited previously to having the animal perform some tricks, follow you around, etc.
It had some limited application in that you could briefly hide behind some creatures in PvP areas.

There was no scope for riding, having the animal carry things, or have it attack for you.

These concepts HAVE been suggested as possible / probable upgrades to the new system once it's released.

Thank you! Where did you see that it was supposed to be back this quarter (so that I can check that site out too)?

I really appreciate the info :).

Thank you! Where did you see that it was supposed to be back this quarter (so that I can check that site out too)?

I really appreciate the info :).

yes it was scheduled to come back this year, but i would be careful with ETAs from mindark, since it was already promised to be back in 2011,2010 hmmm and not exactly sure, but i think when VU10 came out in 2009 it was promised all systems would be back by the end of the year ( 2009 ).

But i frankly believe it will be coming back this year whatsoever, because it is the last missing system of the old systems.

Regarding the items going in auction there is still a use for whips because you can skill the whipper profession with them ( e.g. can be used to hunt punies ). And there are quite some resources without actual use being traded between players as speculation on their price going up.

yes it was scheduled to come back this year, but i would be careful with ETAs from mindark, since it was already promised to be back in 2011,2010 hmmm and not exactly sure, but i think when VU10 came out in 2009 it was promised all systems would be back by the end of the year ( 2009 ).

But i frankly believe it will be coming back this year whatsoever, because it is the last missing system of the old systems.

Regarding the items going in auction there is still a use for whips because you can skill the whipper profession with them ( e.g. can be used to hunt punies ). And there are quite some resources without actual use being traded between players as speculation on their price going up.

Ah, alright, thank you :). Just wondering, do you know what the cheapest whip on planet calypso is, and what it's price is?

check Wikipedia for the available Whips.

Fruit, Sweetstuff, and Nutrio bars have had no use since August 2009, and any sales since then have been in a false market. Even when Pets are re-introduced, there are huge amounts stockpiled.

Could you use it to hunt other animals or other players?

It was not supposed to, but it has happened. A couple ava's pushed there pets into PA a few times (Exa stalkers) and due to some bug/glitch the pets attacked anyone near after a command was given, including the deed holders of the pets. I wonder if there is any video of those "events". :laugh:

Ah, alright, thank you :). Just wondering, do you know what the cheapest whip on planet calypso is, and what it's price is?

depends on what you mean cheap... Viper is probably cheapest, but if you do UL, it'll be better than the L since crafters are not always making the L versions... Much easier to pop UL one in the repair terminal than it is to find a new L one on the market (may change after taming is back, which will cause supply/demand to cause market to get flooded overnight)

UL goes for about tt+100-200 depending on the day, and who's selling. Viper is the cheapest to skill with since it does about same damage as kiwio... but that having been said, it's only good on puny mobs unless you have about 12 friends with ul vipers so you can take down much bigger mobs. ;)

Viper and Mamba are the Sib whips. Others are not sib, but might be useful since they do more damage than the viper.

Back