Annoyingly Frustrating.

RickEngland

Elite
Society
Jurai Blood
Rickard Rick England
Why are the limited item drops so dam low, that you find yourself in a position you're unable play with the weapon you want to use. It's the weekend dam it.

The last LC-60 (L) I pulled off a prot was over 4729 points ago which equates to just under 800 prots killed. I had a spares of 4 guns and bought a few since. Admittedly I let my store supply run out, but it still doesn't warrant a lack of supply available generally, and acution has 3 for sale for those that are desperate to pay.

There are possible solution of course:

Hunt the shops:

Can't be asked, been at work all day, I'm man I don't do shopping centres.

Ask around:

Can't be asked to do that for hours either.

Do something else in game:

Why should have too.

Pay 50,000 ped for an unlimited gun

Never

Answer to this problem

Off to watch TV, and do something else.

Do I sound frustrated? well yeah as wanted to do Rex event for starters.

Bollocks to it, good night.

Rick

I replace the original text with something more usefull

kittens.jpg

Last edited:
Buy LC-240 instead, drops on Eomon and are tons available down to 120% MU usually. It's Close to same dps as lc-60 when amped anyway due to higher attack speed.

Buy LC-240 instead, drops on Eomon and are tons available down to 120% MU usually. It's Close to same dps as lc-60 when amped anyway due to higher attack speed.

thank you for info. I'll check it out.

I must admit I've been nervous about buying any of these 1 ped guns, as not only paying big MU, but your not getting weapon decay (which I believe is returned).

It's an option to mull over thanks.

Limited is becoming a problem though for lots of weapons, maybe MA attempting to improve the unlimited market again.

In MA's defence they have no idea if a player will use, store of auction a looted limited gun, although drops are low to find on a personal level, so this suggests that is not the issue.

Rick

the lack of decay on the 1pedders is offset by more ammo useage per shot

kittens.jpg

Last edited:
That's weird. I'm hoarding some weapons right now because they are dropping so frequently and I'm expecting that will soon stop (yeah, 240 recon is one of them).

Well I wasn't refering to the 1 PED LC-240 but the normal version that also drop from Eomon. I guess the 1 PED lc-240 works to though but I think it's more expensive.

I have many of the same issues, resorting to similar solutions, doing RL things instead of playing, fuck it.

I bought one of those 1 ped EWE EP-51 Eomon (L), at least I think that was it, it had Eomon in the name. It was terribad. Way too slow, Range was way too short, and wore out really fast, the worst ped I spent on a weapon in a long while. The EP-52 and H28 seem to work pretty good for my level, but I'm not buying at 135-150+%, fuck that.

When I do log in, I resorted to dropping back to the smallest mind reavers and using my old t4 imp ep-21 with adj 105 amp. Its doable, but takes forever to kill, far from optimal, and loot is horrible, for me anyway, so fuck that.

Exit stage left, catching up on RL...

must be good for the game for us to shop the auction for a few hours....I've done this the past several times, I've wanted a L gun..... I usually give up, by just mining, hunting with my opalo, buying a sword to skill up on melee or just logging off altogether....

That's weird. I'm hoarding some weapons right now because they are dropping so frequently and I'm expecting that will soon stop (yeah, 240 recon is one of them).

That is interesting point you make about hoarding.

At the time around my 3K Proteron hof, I looted about 4 x LC-60's and kept them all for future use. But this was totally against my behaviour in previous years. I kept them for the same reason, concern that more would not drop for me personally in a long while and so it was in my interest to retain them......and I was proved right.

So have MA created a culture that their players are less inclined to list looted items they need, and more inclined to hunt the mob that that drops the weapon those players desire. I find myself doing this, I really want to finish 5K spiders, but find myself hunting prots as after the guns.

Is this problem contributing more to even less supply?

I'm trying to get inside MA or PP-calypso head and understand them, what are they attempting to achieve?

Are they trying to protect the unlimited market and drive prices higher, and in addition are they trying to force MU up on higher pro level weapons to justify investment in unlimited. If that is the case, do they think we would accept that?

My view of MA approach over the last few years was a concerted effort to drive limited weapons as the norm, as this would suit more players and push more players with a wider range of player budgets. I believed that case even more with the introduced or an even more wider range of choice at higher pro levels right up to L95+

So what has changed? Do we have old school players lobbying MA on the quiet to change direction?

I don't get it, but I want to understand their strategy. If you understand what MA are trying to do, or want to do, you can plan your approach forward.

Yes I was annoyed earlier, but in thinking mode now.

Rick

kittens.jpg

Last edited:
That is interesting point you make about hoarding.

So what has changed? Do we have old school players lobbying MA on the quiet to change direction?

What has changed is half of the people in game are hunting Eomon and Longtooth leading to an oversupply of those weapons and not as much of other things. Some eomon nights guns just dropped like crazy, every global for two hours was a gun except for the ones that had 2 guns. The people that normally would be hunting prots are hunting Eomon, it's just the way it goes. You would think that you would find more yourself on proterons though with fewer people on them. Honestly, right now just buy out the stock of recon 240's at 121-123% it'll fill back up before you use them all and they won't be too much lower DPS.

Karmic has the answer.

You can't expect MA to micro manage drops of every single gun ingame to keep the supply steady. Not only would this take many man hours but it also removes the ability to trade in guns as prices won't fluctuate (and trading is a big part of the game whether you like it or not)

MA set drop rates but the community plays a very big part in what is available, and atm that community is not hunting the mobs that drop your gun as often as they did before the migration.

Arco: It has felt a strange migration to be honest.

Karmic: ok let me see what's in auction :) ty

Slither: I still hunted around 800 prots personally without a gun drop in loot ...lol

I want to chat to you in game anyhow mate, how come you sold your chips.

Arco: It has felt a strange migration to be honest.

Karmic: ok let me see what's in auction :) ty

Slither: I still hunted around 800 prots personally without a gun drop in loot ...lol

I have 3x 240 recon in storage if u want them :D for a fair price!

Regards

eSoul

I still hunted around 800 prots personally without a gun drop in loot ...lol

Same for me with EP-52 , hunted every mob that drops them, lost my ped card, never got one :laugh:

Best time to sell is when price is high. Buyers who buy early before everyone else in EU usually pay this price.

Best time to buy is when price is low. Buyers who wait to buy later when more such items have dropped usually pay this price.

Slither: how come you sold your chips.

Because I can't afford everything I want :)

Got an adj stark + mod cause so I had to let something go :( Still have my arson chip (not selling that) and I'll use L chips when I fancy some MF skilling.

What has changed is half of the people in game are hunting Eomon and Longtooth leading to an oversupply of those weapons and not as much of other things. Some eomon nights guns just dropped like crazy, every global for two hours was a gun except for the ones that had 2 guns. The people that normally would be hunting prots are hunting Eomon, it's just the way it goes. You would think that you would find more yourself on proterons though with fewer people on them. Honestly, right now just buy out the stock of recon 240's at 121-123% it'll fill back up before you use them all and they won't be too much lower DPS.

Perhaps MA should consider allowing the most commonly used (L) guns to be looted from more than just one or two creatures. That way the supply of the most popular (L) guns could be more steadily balanced instead of being tied directly to which creature is popular and which is not.

ESI already follow a model that's similar. As they get used up, more loot from a variety of creatures.

I like 240's because of the slightly longer range - you can use them as short-range taggers and start shooting on mobs before they aggro on you. (Of course, except mobs that are extremely aggro and runs at you from a longer range like spiders.)

As for LC60, I thought they dropped from ambus?

Edit: Didn't notice it before I looked at the stats of lc-60, but it seems to have longer range than the 240.

There seems to be a few lc60's in auction, posted recently (128% BO).

Last edited:
Perhaps MA should consider allowing the most commonly used (L) guns to be looted from more than just one or two creatures. That way the supply of the most popular (L) guns could be more steadily balanced instead of being tied directly to which creature is popular and which is not.

ESI already follow a model that's similar. As they get used up, more loot from a variety of creatures.

(L) guns should never drop.... ever IMO.

This is what happens when a loot balance manager has no clue at all. They start remaking the game via one profession.

A hunter has no absolute need to mine or craft. They get minerals/ores and items in loot.

A crafter has an absolute need for hunted and mined goods. They have no other means to obtain items.

A miner has no absolute need to hunt or craft. There is just not much of a requirement to mine.

So now we have many high level hunters who have cashed out heavily....due to loss of markups (replaced with completed loot. Which cannot be converted to more specific use, only sold, among the 100's that drop in that time frame, resulting in a lower markup in the end).

kittens.jpg

Last edited:

It's not only that but I've always believed that because most mobs are now mission mobs they've had their item and some stackable drop rates massively reduced in order to cope with the increased number of kills.

This might be ok for while but when people finish the missions and stop killing the mobs the drop rates aren't adjusted and so the drop rates for individuals get even worse.

From what's been said over on Ark, drop rates can only be adjusted at a VU so they can't adjust for a sudden slump in supply.

Last edited:
okay, I'm out; I can't find a gun to continu my experiment. it's frilling hilarious; between the skill lvl7 en skill lvl60+ there is a gap wide enough to drown a game company...

I mean EU has never been the perfect game; but if I can't find a gun to go out hunting; how I'm going to play the game :scratch2:

later ppl

So, if MA continues the trend of events like they have been doing since Mayhem; every regular player is screwed? :scratch2:

I have a strong feeling that their will be events going on 365 days a year.

Past week I have killed 15000 points of proteron 1 lc-60 looted over 6k ped lost like mac said time to catch up with RL

Back