Another armour upgrade thread...

iancampbell

Alpha
Society
Global Alliance
Christopher Chris Kinnison
but at rather lower level than the others. :ahh:

I currently own a set of Shogun and routinely use the Riker UL3 as a weapon; the next gun will probably be the Geotrek AL15 (I'd like the Isis LR32 but don't want to wait that long. :) )

Currently, I camp argos when I want a slight challenge - but the biggest of these I've managed so far is a single Guardian, and that was a struggle (needed considerable fapping). A Hunter I ran into once handed me my head.

What next? Next armour up, and if so what is it? Or just buy some plates and stick them on to the armour I already have? Or rely on a DPS tank, as a dead mob can't do damage?

Try buying a set of 2A plates since they are really cheap and give you a bit better protection on that shogun of yours. 5A plates if you are willing to pay a little extra and 5B plates if you want allot more protection. Stick with the shogun for a while :)

Get your evade skills up, keep the shogun and use some plates.

entropiawiki.com has the answers you seek.. click armour, then armour vs mobs

If you keep your armour and plate up then these are the stats:

shogun/2a up to scout 1 damage, gatherer 2.5, guardian 5.2, hunter 38.8

shogun/5a up to gatherer 1 damage, guardian 3.3, hunter 35.5

shogun/5b up to guardian 1 damage, hunter 25.8

If you want to stay alive against hunters you could also get a cheap armour that has more impact and cut protection like paladin, ghost, nemesis, knight, gremlin or zombie.

hunter:
knight/5b 21,9 dmg
gremlin/5b 21,9 dmg
paladin/5b 20 dmg
zombie/5b 17,5 dmg
ghost/5b 13,7

the problem is ofcourse the decay... the more skills you have (evasive ones) the less armour you can wear. For example I can survive hunters in gnome/2a

Yep, 2A, 3A or 5A plates is my recommendation too, although you'll get a lot of 1.0 hits from Youngs and Matures by doing this.

Alternatively, as Argo damage is 75% Impact, 25% Cut, you might like to consider a set of Rascal (15 Impact, 12 Burn, 5 Cut) as well as, or instead of, your Shogun for mobs which do a high amount of Impact damage. The lower overall protection means less decay especially from the 1.0 hits due to armour having a minimum amount of decay.

The best thing I can suggest is check entropedia for the types of damage you need to protect against in your normal hunting pattern, then choose whichever armour suits the types of damage that those mobs do.
Hope this helps :)

I don't know which FAP you're using but a maxed SK-20 should be good enough. Low markup too ;)

Edit: Also, read this thread for an explanation of how armour+plates work.

Last edited:
btw those 5A plates are great, they offer a decent boost to your protection and hardly decay at all

It's not necesary to change your armour. At your level would be lost peds. Use it until you get a decent health level and then you should buy a new one and try bigger mobs. At least that's my advice. And btw try other mob cose argos do a lot of decay.:)

Back