another ath

Status
My take here too

I'm 29 years old. I live in Texas, United States (for those that don't know). I am married with a 5 year old son. Before I devote any time to this GAME I always attempt to make sure that everything in my family's life is good to go.

Anyways on to my point...

I have been playing this GAME since mid-November of '05, yes right after the CND press release popped up on CNN.com. I have enjoyed this GAME immensely. Outside of working to support my family and having fun with my family, my only personal leisure is this GAME. Ok so I have no life to some people... All in all, I have probably deposited a total of 250-350$ US in small increments usually one 20$ deposit every other week or so. My birthday present in February was $50 into this GAME. Since mid-March after some financial difficulties, I stopped depositing other than the following:

444878 06 May 2006 06 May 2006 96.50 PED 10.00 USD C/Commited Dibs
458359 21 May 2006 21 May 2006 144.75 PED 15.00 USD C/Commited Dibs
478363 17 Jun 2006 17 Jun 2006 193.00 PED 20.00 USD C/Commited Dibs

I haven't found a trap, I don't know what fap-skilling or any other cheats or scams are and I sure as hell can't afford to chip any skills. For the past 3 and 1/2 months I have done nothing but hunt Argonauts in-GAME. I keep the Iron and TT or sell the rest. When I get 500-1k of Iron I sell from 115-120%. (maybe I've sold to you) Iron prices stay pretty much constant. So it's a guaranteed winner in my eyes. Since having started making my runs and stopped depositing I have HOF'ed twice 1338 PED Argo young + 563 Combibo Mature, and globaled.... Hell I don't know how many times of varying amounts. I have unlocked MMS, RDA and most recently, last night, Serendipity w/ 111 HP

I'm not an EU critic, again I love this GAME. I don't keep long-term accounting of gains/losses in this GAME. Other than my society I don't have a lot of in-GAME friends. I feel like I know who most of the ubers are and I won't reveal the secret virtual crush that I have on one avatar.... (nother time and place...:)) Yes it amazes me and I often stare in dumbfounded awe and wonder at the ubers that I see occasionally at Twin and just think of what I would do with their untold riches. But I quickly get over it and get back out there and work just that much harder to get up there in an attempt to be on their level.

In summary to me this GAME is just like life, you only get out of it what you put into it. So honestly people trapped/legit, who cares if it's not in the official rules, then to the victor goes the spoils. I only read up to page 10 of these posts before I decided to put my dime in. And if you care enough to have read this far, Thank YOU VERY MUCH for your time. I feel that sometimes ya win and sometimes ya lose... Everyone's time will eventually come just like I can only hope and wish that mine will come even if it's 5 years from now (only if MA/EU and/or myself are still around of course.) Well I've said enough for a while I'll see ya in-GAME. Good luck to you all.

How many players (froom 0 day n00b to pre-gold uber) have lost a LOT of peds at that trapping spot or other trapping spots and got zero in return? Lets just say all that wasted ammo added up to 82k, do you demand that this also gets added to the loot pool for YOUR next ATH?

Do you also curse when you've blown $100 on ammo at CP and 2 mins after you left the dome another uber gets a huge hof/ATH?

How many can post in this forum with complete honesty and say they have never, ever used an exploit for benefit OR skill gain?

I'm all for those spending the time and/or the money getting returns on their investment but the reason you "ubers" can get some big returns is that this "game" pulls in lots of new people to deposit (particularly to buy your uber/not quite uber gear... I can't say for certain but how many sets of Shadow etc have been sold to someone who never deposited and started live in PE sweating and just got very lucky repeatedly?)

Lets face it, $8,000 USD is NOTHING. In fact $8,000 USD probably wouldn't buy you a half page color advert in most PC games magazines and Mindark is counting on these kind of ATH's generating new depositers which in turn will give all you ubers (and hopefully some of us new and low-mid level players) some decent loot as well.

I've deposited plenty in this game in just 2 months and I dare say some of it is now in your ped cards, and I joined it because of the publicity it generates. One day I might just get lucky enough to be the person buying your shadow/IMK2/mod fap when you dont want it anymore.

How many new people would be put off starting this "game" and depositing real cash (most of which ends up back with you anyway) if the top players can shout loud enough about anything you "win" to get it taken back from you - and not only that you could lose your avatar and all the time and money you had spent?

Well the thing is we can look back at how this game was played a long time ago when most of u werent even here :p.

and i can assure u trapping was the most common thing in the world back then, U trapped umbra´s spider hogs, trox everything was trappable but damn tantillions and merps ;)

Back then this was a part of the game and not seen as a bug or a exploit. it just was, But now ma has tried to change the game to make trapping impossible, they failed, spiders are trapable, i came across a necone trap once which is really tricky to find back and i never did find it back.

Anyway Official monitor08 shows up and has alot of talk and says things about trapping, the community listnens, But hey crime´s are Cool to do right? Its just one big FRAUD now, and this isnt tolerated and that is why we demand action on this case, ITS NOW NOT THE PAST.

Anyway, the way he got this should not be possible, and is not allowed by MA, that is the reason why we are upset as a community, Not because someone got a ath, but the way the ATH was gotten as the way is illegal, a fraud and a scam to the uber that spend alot of time and money in it to hunt to big ass Stalkers, Or to the Team of noobs that heads out with 12 bravos.

it doesnt make a diff, the point is that this ATH is illegal money by the rules of the game!

Hehe, man this is so typical. Ofcourse, as usual when theres a huge fukup the only person that actually communicates to the people is gone ... who knows where .. prolly till they figure out a "MA(and maybe user...NOT)friendly way" to calm people down.. somehow, I keep getting that weird dejavu feeling. :) Its making all this look like soap opera reruns... ^^

And the best thing is, once Marco says something, everyones buying it.. over and over again.. its like a Marco mind trick... *click* and everythings back to normal, the usual complaining about the loot, the ocasional uberloot.. etc etc..

I wonder what will he come up with this time............. Assistant got abducted by aliens? The magic fairy flew in and pressed the big red button ? Meh.

Anyway, glad I wasnt contributing to this nonsense in any way, havent been hunting in the last few days, probably the best thing to do right now is to relax, grab some coke and watch as everything calms down... again. :)

http://entropia-pioneers.kicks-ass.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=30353
can we call it "official reply" from ATH-getter?

It has nothing to do with removing or not ATH, but the FIXING the bug IS a point for MA.
Fixing landscape on other places is not a problem but for Ara's - is a problem for MA. If they dont' want to fix it - they need it.

how fast does it regenerate? when you scan people occasionally you don't see some things they're carrying. there could have been anything your scanner didn't read (and yes i can guarentee it doesn't read occasionally becuase i've had weapons not show up on people's scanners, sometimes dmged, sometimes on other "bars", so i have no idea)...

i think it can be done quite easily via dying with some power and range and quick acting, modfap, 100 agility, he had health too. i don't doubt his ability 1 bit. comes alot of strategy and luck beond gear and stats, and i find alot of things to be easily done if you set your mind to it. i noticed someone said he had a lot of health, sounded like enough to take 2 hits, maybe better. add some luck and good evade and you'd be suprised how lucky your evade works, when you're out there doing it for a long period of time.

i know it doesn't compare, but im a noob, and i can pawn longu stalker by letting myself die, fapping and doing it once more... IM A NOOB damnit! this guy has all kindsa stats.. his attributes don't look any more impressive than most of the other ath candidates.

I just find it awfully suspicious that this guy is hunting these arana right where the trap is, in fact right next to it... makes me really think he was taking advantage of the exploit for sure, i need to see more screenshots!

Yeaaaa im so excited, now that ubers arent depositing anymore.
Mabe ill find me a nice imk2, mod merc, mod fap, CHEEP. cause prices will soon drop :D
So you Ubers u better hurry sell b4 prices start to drop to tt+whatever i offer :laugh:

Uber Gtatz to the looter u deserve it.
MA is the bad person here is anyone is.

Last edited:
The best thing with this situation is that IF mindark dont do anything about this matter and let the freak that trapped the spider keep his ath and money then its just a sign and signal that mindark allows people to trap . end of discussion then ..... :wise:

Linzey said:
The best thing with this situation is that IF mindark dont do anything about this matter and let the freak that trapped the spider keep his ath and money then its just a sign and signal that mindark allows people to trap . end of discussion then ..... :wise:

Word

Btw to set things straight about earlier.. Yes I called naithen a noob...cos I've never seen him hof or global or anything. And my personal belief is anyone who gets a hof other than me is a noob anyways :)

As for trapping, I still think its part of the game, and the only reason I have a problem with it is that if I can't do it, then nobody should...

Would be cool to see what items he got though...
*drool*

He finally spoke...

Find the original thread here on EP forum.

naithen noce clan of sirus said:
My Spider UBER Hof
Well a few things i didnt expect today was waking up and realizing i wasnt dreaming .
2nd was some of the really really "ANGRY" suggestions that im a cheater and i should be banned .
3rd was the sick feeling in my stomach at the thought i could ever be banned from this game i love ! and love to hate !->you all know what i mean .
Was i "trapping" -no ! How do i kill spiders then ? None of your business ! BUT i will say i love teleporting, DECOYS! birds and trees and and some things that are bad for you
icon_smile.gif

For those who know me i am the BIGGEST ! complainer when i dont get a global or decent loot , i have (almost) quit PE so many times i could write a book! But each and every time i have returned to play i find i learn something or "discover " something i didnt know was possible before .

So for those who hate me and want my avatar burned centre coart for all to see so they can take a pic and keep it as a screensaver >stand here
dammit.gif
And for my friends of PE
all.gif
thanks for your sincere
gratz !
Naithen
PS: since i left Shaolin ive been looking for a society to join that plays when i do , so west coast time zone and active members are a must , please send me a note if yr interested thanks.

Ok...
So hes telling us that instead of tping to closest place where the spiders are in volcano or anywhere else he uses 2 or more tp's or a bigger chip than whats needed to go to trap to "kill em ligit" with decoys and rtkilling? Im sorry but i still dont buy it at all. secondly if you wanna revivekill spiders trap in volcano is about as shitty a location as you can find for that way of killing em.
And to all you people going "But people always trapped" aso that was different in one very different way... MA hadnt stated that they saw it as "illegal"... And yes its not in CL as a permanent part of it, yes its not in "clear" form on forums asoaso.
And yes its mostly MAs bloody fault for not fixing this in ages.
But do not tell me that a betaplayer that was in a top 10 soc didnt know that its not allowed to trap these after hes seen people get tempbans from space, comment in CL aso that its not allowed and simply from playing for this long...

Was a bit harsh in my first comment in this thread since i was pissed @the 2-3 weeks with arsepoor loot and then 2 ATH same day and neither was gotten by people that "actually have the skills for taking these mobs down in open field" (flame me for that if you want but thats the bloody reason i skilled up and spent money and eon's of time=to be able to solo basically anything ingame one day, considering im still not there on spider stalkers nearing 300k total skills and having been here.. err.. for a while :p it kinda ticked me off a lil...)
Yes MA needed to fix the bug first, but i still feel its wrong to use a "bug" since thats still what it is, not a "feature" imo atleast. nd i still feel MA needs to at the least make a few public statements on how they intend to handle crap like this in the future with some RULES in CL please???
Personally id rather see that loot back in pool but hey i kinda doubt that so well prolly just have to wait til naithen lost it back to teh mobbies again *sarcasm*

Linzey said:
This is just another trapper that will get away with the loot and MA wont do shit about it .. Just like last time when someone did it under landgrab and got mod -ml and adj v1 .. JUst the same way this guy got his loot and MA didnt do shit about it .. Just enjoy the game as it is and forget about that MA will take action about it cause they wont. Its just sad that MA in a hidden way make players to cash out cause this is the way they they do it.

It was me who looted the mod ml and adj v1 during LG. The hogglo was not trapped. Get your facts straight before accusing someone of trapping. If you still accuse me of trapping ask MA for the cords on this dead hogglo so we can finally lay this to rest.

Linzey didnt you quit like 8 or 9 times allready ? or do you just hop in from time to time making false accusations ?

typiskt Linzey...

Last edited:
dr_udi said:
It was me who looted the mod ml and adj v1 during LG. The hogglo was not trapped. Get your facts straight before accusing someone of trapping. If you still accuse me of trapping ask MA for the cords on this dead hogglo so we can finally lay this to rest.

Linzey didnt you quit like 8 or 9 times allready ? or do you just hop in from time to time making false accusations ?

typiskt göteborgare....

True that Hogglo was not trapped, I know that for a fact.

Ey sluta klaga på Götebörgare... Annars skickar jag upp bröderna NicNac och Nexsus på däg serru :tongue2:

All I will say is yet again (and again and again) this proves that MA do not give a shit unless it affects their income.

Simple answer stop depositing. But most people cant so it will continue and in a few weeks time people will stop bitching and then it will happen all over again. Personally, this just one of the many things that has broke the camels back for me. There is absolutely no point in playing a game if you get pissed off playing it.

Eula said:
n. You must report errors and bugs to MindArk whenever you discover them. Neglecting to report errors or bugs, or using bugs or 'exploits' for own benefits may result in a termination of your Avatar account, including its virtual items, funds, and abilities.

Someone Who interprets too much said:
Looks like it is in the EULA to me.

Sorry guys, But if you interpret this segment of the EULA to incorporate trapping then thats very sad. Nothing in this has anything to do with it at all. Let me explain...

EU lacks collision detection on any real physics level except for a few places. Randomly scattered rocks and certain trees are actually solid objects. However not the whole game is like this, meaning that the geometrics are too inconsistant. Hell if the whole game HAD collision detection (like other competitors games) They would make the Mobs have a little smarter AI so that they could navigate around such objects. However since that only select objects in the Virtual world are tagged in such a way to make the collision objects, the mobs lack the AI to get around them.

There for these mobs not knowing what to do get stuck. Or in this case its a hill that they can't climb up. Now This is not a bug for several reasons. The first of which being the MOST IMPORTANT so listen carefully. MindArk Already knows about trapping otherwise they wouldn't have banned people and parked a Mindark offical 08 at the location. This "feature" has been there though multiple VU's. Now they choose to ignore it becuase revisiting their code (which is third party btw) would take too long becuase now they are diving into the actual engine (which is not their code = mess to work with) It all boils down to the fact that they are TOO LAZY to fix it, Just like lots of other glitches in the game.

Now, i can say with 90% certainty that the people posting that this guy should be locked/banned are mostly Jealous. Not because the ATH (although probably) But becuase he did something that ALL OF YOU (posters in anger at ath) are interpreting as a Bug Exploit. I have said very clearly, If this is a bug then they should LIST IT AS SUCH. But they won't like i said becuase then they would have to Fix it. This gives them a way to ban an account without probable cause. Kinda reminds me of 1940's Germany to be honest.

AGAIN i say, In real life if i go Bear hunting. I don't run up to it, give it a big sloppy huh and then shoot rounds into it. I would park my Fat A$$ on a hill and shoot the thing from half a mile away. Just like i would in this game if i didn't fear the would put me in a camp and ban me.

It is very hard to code a game. ESPECIALLY when the baseline engine is purchased instead of coded from ground up. Due to the fact that their coders can't dive into this engine to fix these Miniscule errors we live in this Buggy world. Instead of coming out with new features which get stack piled on top of old code, Thus making it harder to fix errors as we progress through time, they should just bring in a team of contractors who specialize in this sort of thing AND FIX IT ONCE AND FOR ALL.

Seriously, Why would they want to ban people at all? It limits their income, It creates unsatisfied customers, It creates unhappy players. All becuase they can't do their jobs. I know that they are a small company but Give me a break. Im an overworked coder myself and i know that if My product came out as poor and the same bugs slipped though multiple releases. I would not have a Job, Plain as that.

Wikipedia said:
Software bug is an error, flaw, mistake, failure, or fault in a computer program that prevents it from working as intended, or produces an incorrect result. Bugs arise from mistakes and errors, made by people, in either a program's source code or its design.

In Conclusion, I stand by the fact that this is not a Bug, Becuase of the physics in the game (which were/are intentially coded this way) the mob is not able to climb the hill. There for this is not an exploit (becuase no bug exists). Until MA comes out and CLEARLY Defines it as such, then i do not hold the trappers accountable for anything.

dr_udi said:

typiskt Linzey...
strange , because the screen shoot make that loot not look so legit :
http://entropia-pioneers.kicks-ass.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=30353&start=15

Maybe its just som odd strange stuff that put you on this little hill where hogglo was not abel to climb ...

Screen is available here too, no not trapped

In those days it was the only place where hogglos existed, then again maybe you never visited the place...

I send a report to Mindark in the hunting part, if i have some news about it, i will post here for you.

Samantha Carter, we are not jealous, we are desapointed to see that a trapped mobs can drop 82k or 2peds without paying any armor decay, fap decay...
Personaly im sad to wast monney like 2k each month only for my armor decay with sucking loot or No loot because of the BIG ATH, and especially this one made on a traped mob....

dr_udi said:
In those days it was the only place where hogglos existed, then again maybe you never visited the place...

they only existed on the hill and go there to trap them self alone when there a big flat space around ....
now you said it , all looks clear to me.
sorry for the missunderstood.

edit:
PS: i dont mind if you traped that hogglo or not ...
Its was not the first mobs traped, it was not last mobs traped , and that spider ATH is for sure not the last spider that hof or ATH wile traped.

beside that , funny how time run and our PR marco dont say anything ....

Last edited:
fylraen said:
I send a report to Mindark in the hunting part, if i have some news about it, i will post here for you.

Samantha Carter, we are not jealous, we are desapointed to see that a trapped mobs can drop 82k or 2peds without paying any armor decay, fap decay...
Personaly im sad to wast monney like 2k each month only for my armor decay with sucking loot or No loot because of the BIG ATH, and especially this one made on a traped mob....

OK, I understand that disapointment for trapped mob (assuming ofc that this is the case here). But the disapointment comes becuase you feel its moraly objectionable to do such a thing yourself. And i agree for the most part and refrain from taking such action becuase MA has the policy of guilty until proven innocent and my 15K USD that i have in this game is too valuable to risk on such a gamble. But that doesn't change the fact that if we allow MA to govern in such a way than all of our acounts are subject to Ban when they feel its plausible. Im more disapointed at them then the Trapper. Which i still feel that it should be allowed or Clearly Defined as a bug. TO my knowledge they coded it this way. They had to have. Otherwise the geomitry of the area would be slanted enough for the mob to climb. Thats the easy answer. The model is very easy to change. The code is a bit harder but where theres a will theres a way.

this one i just posted on EPforum, just my thoughts

Mindark has a problem
Mindark don't do poo bout it
PPL complain
Mindark tries to solve the problem ( 08 )
Mindark can't solve the problem ( ATH )
PPL complain

i wonder what next step is, but i hope something like this:

CAUSE Mindark can't solve the problem
They get rid of the problem?

REMOVE THOSE DAMN SPIDERS FROM THERE FFS

Samantha Carter said:
In Conclusion, I stand by the fact that this is not a Bug, Becuase of the physics in the game (which were/are intentially coded this way) the mob is not able to climb the hill. There for this is not an exploit (becuase no bug exists). Until MA comes out and CLEARLY Defines it as such, then i do not hold the trappers accountable for anything.

Trapping is not allowed by MA.

Thats why if you put a mob into a trap, it becomes invincible before dying.

In theory.

Yes, the above fix did fix the umbra traps, the argo traps, and the daikaba sweat traps.

It also made fighting more than 2 mobs at a time impossible.

But the theory is there. It is NOT ALLOWED to trap mobs. They have implemented coding against it.

Screw using the hill, screw hunters using the environment to the advantage, etc, etc, blah blah blah.

If a mob stays in one spot, and cant hurt you, it is trapped + should be invulnerable and die.

For some reason, the spiders dont follow the anti-trapping code. It will be fixed after this Im sure.. but meh..

Dash Smashing said:
For some reason, the spiders dont follow the anti-trapping code. It will be fixed after this Im sure.. but meh..

Strange how spider are soo good to stay " trapable" :)
Spider are soo good , they can even bug the anti-bug ....

And som people think its hazard ...
bah ...

Where are marco , the support girl and the CEO ?
So strange how those people are fast to jump in forum to blow the trumpet about how MA is wonderfull when they guet nominated or when they make a town , but how we dont hear them when there a problem ....
They looks like politicien ... as good as creating problem and blow tompet when luckily something work ...

Well , have fun folks feeding ATH for MA advertise system ...

Dash Smashing said:
Trapping is not allowed by MA.

Thats why if you put a mob into a trap, it becomes invincible before dying.

Show me where in the EULA or Rules does it say this in black and white. And im not talking about MA 08 posts or Marco posts becuase posts on a private forum are useless.

what are you guys worried about anyway ? You think that money will ever leave PE ? there are threads about MA officials appearing around areanotroxes and warning for bans if ppl continue to trap. you don't really think that MA will just hand over the money like that ? with this loot ? hahaha

They ll just take it one way or another and pump it into "another" ath.

So either mock the poor n00b or congratz the uber but stop these whining topics each time an ath is looted, djeez ... :laugh:

Samantha Carter said:
Show me where in the EULA or Rules does it say this in black and white. And im not talking about MA 08 posts or Marco posts becuase posts on a private forum are useless.

How can people miss this?

Under section 15:
n. You must report errors and bugs to MindArk whenever you discover them. Neglecting to report errors or bugs, or using bugs or 'exploits' for own benefits may result in a termination of your Avatar account, including its virtual items, funds, and abilities.

The language is vague and in english, but technically it covers trapping.

Perhaps, someone does not think it's odd that a creature that can kill 99% of players in one hit all of a sudden can't reach you?

Ignorance is not bliss in PE, it's an ATH!

Frigid said:
How can people miss this?

Under section 15:

The language is vague and in english, but technically it covers trapping.

Perhaps, someone does not think it's odd that a creature that can kill 99% of players in one hit all of a sudden can't reach you?

Ignorance is not bliss in PE, it's an ATH!

Man, Read my First Post to this thread. I explain pretty clearly how this is not a bug. Please read it and respond if you still think its a bug. Im not gonna type it again. But What you just put as the clause in the EULA does Not say it CLEARLY

If its a RULE then it should be BLACK AND WHITE

NOT LEFT FOR INTERPRETATION

The language IS Vauge and IN english But doesn't "technically" cover anything. This is NOT a BUG!! Its well known to them and intentially programed. There are a few fixes that they could do that i mention in my other post. PLEASE READ before posting FFS

Status
Back