Another whining thread

RagLodbrok

Provider
Society
Freelancer
Being a low-level hunter after four months ingame I spend a lot of time, effort and a couple of PEDs on skilling and progression. Having accomplished a few milestones, I thought I will enjoy this game for a long time.
However, at the moment I find myself in a position with a broad comfort zone, but a very narrow challenge zone.
I spent a while hunting Molisks up to Scout in Medusa and High maturity berycled and Young Atrax and Longu east of Jason.This being said, I really find it hard to do some more progression and find more mobs to hunt.
Hunting Atrax Mat to Old? Difficult, with Providers and Guardians in the same area that chew on my armor quicker than I have even found an old Atrax.
Hunting Young to Mat Armax Cows? Impossible without running into an Armax Bull which is hard to impress by an amped Riker UL1.
Hunting Argos at Twins? Well, that one is nicely doable with a Riker UL2 or UL3. But now go and try to find one in auction. And then give up on that and go again with the UL1. Not fun if you have three Argos at once beating you up. So finally I was going to skill some dodge on drones, which was quite a lot of fun - until I have shot the first two drones, which were Gen01 and Gen02, and then being attacked by three Gen06 drones at once.

To make it short: I find there are plenty of n00b grounds for decent hunting, and many of areas for the midlevel hunter. But the lowlevel hunter is being f***d from behind, be it availability of gear or be it just decent pure spawns of challenging, but doable mobs.
I don't complain about MA rebalancing Mob HP or dmg - but if they do so, they might think about relocating Mobs as well. As it is, it is completely screwed up.
Thanks MA, for making me thinking twice before wasting more cash on depositing. :handjob:

However, at the moment I find myself in a position with a broad comfort zone, but a very narrow challenge zone.

I think u have summed up EU in a nutshell. I would suggest u find a small group of hunters around ur level and hunt with them. Thats how I and prob many others moved on up the food chain. Perserverence is the key, gl in whatever u decide ;)

Well...

You could do this:

Skill up in handgun... basicly go back to a lower level and skill it up.

> From breer ph3 - till you outmax the korss h400. These are very well purchasable via the auction.

> Being skilled in both Handgun and rifle = broader choice of weapons to use, more availability, and you can kick bigger maturity mob ass. (eg. Korss380+102 = very effective against argo's even when 3 of them are chewing on you)..

> Keep in mind that you better stay in the laser dmge profession "area" don't rush off and start BLP skilling if you want to skill up HG fast (if you use laser rifle, you will have a good amount of Laser weapon technology.. wich is good fr average dmge on both HG's and rifles)

> After a while you can buy a 'backup Handgun'.. so when you do encounter a stronger maturity then you expected, you can take care of it....

That's what I did, and it works VERY well...

Well GL :)

You could try south of Orthos.

Moisk up to guardian, Atrax up to old and Drones Gen 1 and 2. (oh, and merps young to old).

A good selection of mobs to keep it interesting so its a good place for lower level hunters and the loot round there is normally decent.

Oh, and switch to handgun for bigger choice of weapons.

Last edited:
Also try to save some peds and get a taging gun. I saw some time back a nice crafted taging rifle which is around 200 ped. Also if you will learn the mob agro its not problem to hunt cows mixed with bulls, its just little bit slower but you can find your way ( when i was low level hunter i was sometimes hunting cows North of Fort Troy ) Also when you are hunting drones be prepared for 3 or 4 at one time if you will not tag them :)

You are a carbine hunter..
if you switch to blp rifles you will have to use a smaller one to start out, but you already have the riker 1 maxed so, if you skill blp weapontech fast you will soon find out, that the blp rifles refire a lot faster, so you do a lot more damage. Also the markup on some of the rifles is really low, check markup on cb-13 for example.

You could try south of Orthos.

Moisk up to guardian, Atrax up to old and Drones Gen 1 and 2. (oh, and merps young to old).

A good selection of mobs to keep it interesting so its a good place for lower level hunters and the loot round there is normally decent.

Oh, and switch to handgun for bigger choice of weapons.

I've been there hunting too (spent a lot of time there last night with loots being more than ok). But I find very few Molisks above adult, the Atrax spawn is not particularly dense, and once you found some nice Mat and Old Atrax between Orthos TP and PvP 1, you bump into Atrox. Great. Back to RT.

Skilling handgun might be an option worth considering though :wtg:

If molisk are your passion, take a hike south of Oshiri Hearts (I'll double check and edit if necessary) - there's an entire LA full of 'em - I've seen up to Leader there.

If molisk are your passion, take a hike south of Oshiri Hearts (I'll double check and edit if necessary) - there's an entire LA full of 'em - I've seen up to Leader there.

Well, they are not really my passion, but I found them really good for skilling and nice to hunt since their spawns were not badly mixed with mobs such as Atrox or something, which would make a hunt impossible.
But I might consider your tip and give it a try. :yay:

Well, they are not really my passion, but I found them really good for skilling and nice to hunt since their spawns were not badly mixed with mobs such as Atrox or something, which would make a hunt impossible.
But I might consider your tip and give it a try. :yay:

yup lots of molisk, have to warn you leaders are killing even with 125 HP lol.

If u want to find mobs and where they spawn, maybe it is a good thing to check: http://www.entropiawiki.com you can find all info about mobs, spawns and dmg there

Pink

yup lots of molisk, have to warn you leaders are killing even with 125 HP lol.

If u want to find mobs and where they spawn, maybe it is a good thing to check: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/hunting/www.entropiawiki.com.

you can find all info about mobs, spawns and dmg there

Pink

Well I wouldnt really want to shoot a leader. But with Molisks being of admirably low aggro, I dont mind the leaders or Warriors, if I can find a decent number of Gatherers to Scavengers.

NB I use entropedia mobs locations from time to time, but I find it not too useful for finding hunting grounds, with maturities being rarely disclosed. I find it more useful to find out where to not go :D

Problem is who would take a Leader on with a Riker 1? I know what RagLodbrok is saying. There is a breaking point where advancing to the next level is almost impossible without a huge deposit. I too am stuck on the Riker 1 because there are never Riker 2 or 3 in auction and I cannot afford to dump 200+ ped at a time into a Breer M4a or P4a. So what do I do? Mine mostly and hunt in teams if I want to hunt bigger mobs. I have skilled up BLP and Laser as well just to keep me occupied but now BLP is to the point where I am asking "what now"? There is no reason to whine about it because nothing is going to change. You just have to find what keeps you entertained at this level and make it work.

find a small group of hunters around ur level and hunt with them

This was the suggestion I had for you as well.

I see you're in SOI, not familiar with them, if they don't have active people to group hunt with, perhaps consider another soc that does.

Problem is who would take a Leader on with a Riker 1? I know what RagLodbrok is saying. There is a breaking point where advancing to the next level is almost impossible without a huge deposit. I too am stuck on the Riker 1 because there are never Riker 2 or 3 in auction and I cannot afford to dump 200+ ped at a time into a Breer M4a or P4a. So what do I do? Mine mostly and hunt in teams if I want to hunt bigger mobs. I have skilled up BLP and Laser as well just to keep me occupied but now BLP is to the point where I am asking "what now"? There is no reason to whine about it because nothing is going to change. You just have to find what keeps you entertained at this level and make it work.

I'm glad I'm not the only one encountering this progression barrier.
And even if one could afford to spend a fair amount of PEDs on an M4a: I would accept it if it was of any use. But at the current stage it would be a waste of money, due to too low skills using it (basically the dmg would be lower than on UL1), and I'm reluctant to waste my money on an oversized gun, just because MA don't manage to provide the right balance of UL2/UL3 in loots and a craftable gun of that size.
Next thing is: I do team hunts regularly, and I like them. However, I want to see some more progression I can manage myself and on my own. It's not just about hunting Atrox/Ambulimax/whatevermob - it's about shooting a mob/maturity that make you feel you're making progress. It's about being proud of the fact that you finally managed to kill that one bastard mob that killed you so many times as a n00b.

Finally, I refuse to just accept it and believe, that one can't change it. MA could rebalance Combibos, why can't they do the same with some other mobs in the other direction?
Maffs and Feffs would have been perfect mobs to progress on before they were rebalanced. A step up from Molisk hunting, and decent spawns not mixed with Atrox Stalkers were nicely available. Now is is gone, but I can't see there would be an adequate replacement. Just plain silly.

no problem...

Should not be a problem... Like someone already said, buy a low level long range rifle for tagging them from a greater distance. Make them come to YOU and not the other way around. I do this all the time. Come up on a big group and use the long range weapon to tag one or two (depending on what you can handle), and make them come to you. Plenty of places you can do this.

Good luck and good hunting.

Atrax beach full of Atrax from young to domi. NW of Omegaton Habitat TP.

Fuacervix Island SE of PA. full of Fauxervix from young to Domi, some Apha and OA.

With a Riker 1, shogun and some plate for Atrax, Gnome+plate for Fauxcevix.

Most importance get a tag gun. (Punisher MKI is a good one for it, cheap to buy and tag mobs)

Hmm it sounds like your problem is actually reversed, you have a very small comfort zone and a very large challenging zone. What you are looking for is an area where it's unlikely you will die or be chellenged by mobs that can kill you. There is a problem with more demand for riker UL2 and UL3 than there is supply, but there are a lot of places you can hunt at your level. Try Orthos mound, you have low level drones with no 06's to kill you, low level atrax, and low level molisks. You have high level merps, mid/high level rippersnappers, snarksnot, armax cow (you can avoid the rare bulls you know), Faucervix island, lots of places with argos, lots more with atrax. It's possible you just haven't explored enough to find places that are better to hunt at than where you are.

Back