Question: Antigrav boxes

E

Executor

Maybe my avatar is becoming too old or too fat (not visible though)... :(
Anyway it happens that after a good hunt it is too tired for running.

Okay, actually he just sometimes reaches 200 kg with gears + loot.
Also I can't prevent him from picking dungs... :silly2:

So, I can add the 3 refiners (6 kg each :eek:) to my normal Inventory.
In addition of the 3 armors + 2 plate sets, the 8 carbines, 6 pistols, 11 amps, 4 FAPs etc... (I am used to have 1 weap for every Mob / Maturity :ahh:)

I saw in Auction some Antigrav boxes, which reduces weight to 10% (not sure).

So I have two questions:
- Everybody: do you have this issue too and how do you solve it? Refining every 5 min / dropping heaviest loot? :laugh:
- People to have Antigrav Boxes: would you detail the pros and cons of them?...

Thanks!
:)

theres a blue box called storage, so you dont have to carry 4faps and 3sets of armors :scratch2:

and tbh that much weps.. goosh.. not the way most ppl would do it.

not sure about the anti grav thouhg :silly2:

theres a blue box called storage, so you dont have to carry 4faps and 3sets of armors :scratch2:

and tbh that much weps.. goosh.. not the way most ppl would do it.

not sure about the anti grav thouhg :silly2:

As I know, you loose the key assignments when you put items in that strange blue box called storage...

I consider your post as an answer to my first question, translating your suggestion to "try to reduce your gears".

Thank you. :)

Last edited:
Antigrav box reduces weight "by" 10%, not "to" 10%.

So I have two questions:
- Everybody: do you have this issue too and how do you solve it? Refining every 5 min / dropping heaviest loot? :laugh:
- People to have Antigrav Boxes: would you detail the pros and cons of them?...
Thanks!
:)

First question - I refine quite frequently since I mine and hunt. I usually don't drop anything I find or loot. If I become way to heavy I TP to a storage and make a quick drop off then TP back to where I was.

Second question - I have multiple anti-grav boxes and they do help out in reducing weight. The trick to the anti-grav box is nesting them inside each other which amplifies their effect. So the pros are they keep me out in the field longer by reducing weight. It will make you learn what resources are heavy when refined like Blau and things like brown paint are just plain heavy. They are also useful in events for storing extra ammo and supplies for socmates so you don't have to make a run to a SC or storage. Probably the one draw back on these boxes is when you nest them opening multiple boxes can be a pain and managing weight distribution in the boxes might take a little time before you get the knack of it. I also noticed when stacking items in a full box you have to remove one of the items or the other items will not stack. I think this is just a glitch though so I need to report it to support. Lastly they can be expensive and hard to find.

Hope this helps out.

GL,

Chris

Antigrav box cannot hold more than 10 items i think? if not its ok but still they are limited in weight... exemple 40kg maximum i think

So you will reduce your weight by only a few kg(2-6kg max) because u will rarely have 10 items worth more than 20kg alltogher... or if ur a miner u will save 4kg from a stack of ore, but beware, u will have to lose time figuring how much the box can hold off your stack.

So antigrav box serve only 1 use. Miners

And to be worth Miners, u need, to my opinions, 10 antigrav box(one for every type of ore/matter u could find in 1 run)

And anyway, its ridiculously time loses to open the box, open the inventory, drag to it, and do that each time you find ores or matter...

When MA decide to put some "auto-macro" like, right-click the box, assign a ores to be storaged into it as soon as it refined, as well as the posibility to name our box... that might be worth, else... its a lost of 300ped and times, repeat that 10times, its 3000ped and u had time to come back and repair :D

Thanks for intersting and usefull posts. :)

I presume a good item to post in the Wishlist would be some more powerful anti-grav boxes, reducing weight down to 50% (-50%) or maybe 20% (-80%).

Because the current -10% is really poor.

Or some anti-grav module, we just buy it and it reduces our weight of 10 or 20 or 50 kg. No need to put items in the box etc etc...

Pros:
I can carry 300Kg before I go overweighted.

Cons:
They are expensive
Items will loose their key assigments once put in.

Why to use them:
Reduces the number of itens in inventory
Small reduction of weight due to items that are allways carried but used less than 1 time per hour (refiners, spare fap, special use weapons/armor).

Advise if you are always near than one TP jump of storage they aren't worth it.

And anyway, its ridiculously time loses to open the box, open the inventory, drag to it, and do that each time you find ores or matter...

Most of the time I don't store in my Grav boxes until I become over weight 200kg. So depending on the resources I am getting it can be only one time where I access my nested boxes or 10 times. It can also only take me 30 seconds or so to open and store.

Grav Boxes are not just for miners. When you get heavy items like Brown paint, body fat, and lots of weapons and armor loot on a hunting run they can become just as useful.

On CP I use mine boxes as a accumulative storage so I can hunt longer and then sell more items in bulk on the auction.

They are a useful tool but I do agree there are some improvements that can be made. Maybe that will happen in the future.

MKI - holds 10 items.
MKII - holds 12 items.
MKIII - holds 8 items.

The higher level boxes have a greater affect on weight reduction. Nesting the boxes amplifies the affect.

I also noticed when stacking items in a full box you have to remove one of the items or the other items will not stack. I think this is just a glitch though so I need to report it to support. Lastly they can be expensive and hard to find.

That glitch happens with regular small/medium/basic boxes too.

Great info on the anti-grav boxes, thx.
When mining, I know about how many bombs/probes I use. When I first started, I would take out 150 bombs, 150 probes but would be over quite soon. Now I carry 80 of each and almost never use them all. My weight reaches its max right about the time I use up 60-70 bombs/probes and I begin refining and putting in my anti-grav box. I do the same with hunting.
Just keep track how long your mining and hunting trips are and dont carry so much extra ammo.
Also if Im mining, I remove some extra guns, armor and amps. If Im hunting I take out half of my bombs/probes and mining amps.

Jet

I got my anti grav MKII over 2 years ago when I still went to cnd. It was great then. Unfortuntely somewhere down the road they got nerfed and the reduction was much less. I think it was a vu or two before the weight / item nerf.

The MKII does the same as an MKI , I didnt realise there was even an MKIII but like all things it doesnt matter for long before MA has to mess with it if its usefull to a player.

Even after the screw up it still comes in handy for weight reduction when mining. I like to mine lyst now as it is the easiest and most available ore to get so the box can hold quite a bit before I have to head back to tt it all. (btw lyst usually over time returns more then bomb costs and best of all no MA !!!! fees for selling to the tt) You wont get rich fast but it makes up for shit returns on most other things now days. FORK YER CANOE !!!

Cons : those boxe are prety useless.

Nesting of those boxes is possible?:confused:

If its like that i would not count on it for the future since that is VERY Bug-like...

and if its a bug, you know what MA does if you find one - they drop a bomb on both of you :laugh:

If its like that i would not count on it for the future since that is VERY Bug-like...

and if its a bug, you know what MA does if you find one - they drop a bomb on both of you :laugh:

Its not a bug. MA was contacted about it long ago. The only unknown at this point is when CE2 gets implemented how things will work then or if it will changes things like this.

Nesting Boxes is a way to increase the Grav effect it works and has worked since their implementation. It was the only way I could mine CND for a while without buying an apartment but now with an apartment and the grav boxes it allows me to stay out on longer mining trips spending more money on bombs and decay something I don't think MA would frown upon.

Keeping people out in the field hunting and mining longer chalks up more PED MA can funnel out of EU. Making it harder to hunt and mine longer only costs them more money in avatar downtime while and bandwidth usage while storing heavy items.

If MA destroys the ability to nest storage boxes, I guarantee you'll see some seriously pissed upper end players. ;)

On topic, the anti-grav boxes have been nerfed, and are rare, but are still quite useful. I'm not sure I understand the reason for MA reducing someone's ability to stay out on a long mining or hunting run, happily expending lots of decay. :scratch:

Back