Any thoughts for a support software section

RomanNight

Young
I spend most of my time on these forums reading and gathering data for a program I am making to support game play in Entropia Universe. As I was looking through, there are posts in most of the major professions regarding programs to "support" colonists in recording and analyzing various activities.
With people always churning out little programs for this and that, would it be worthwhile for those looking to learn from others, and to facilitate sharing of info, to create a section in the forums for "support programs".
I have tried to decide where I might be able to place a post for help with an OCR problem I am having with my program at the moment, and no place other than general discussion seems to fit, though most who could help me probably dont look there.
Just a thought and I place the post here in the hopes that it reaches the ears of the powers that be.

I've thought for a long time that there should be a sub-forum for EU utilites.
I often searched for a thread about one program or another and could not finding what I was looking for. Having the threads for them all in one place would make it more convenient.

Would be nice with an own section for the like.

only thing is, even if there are some "third party" programs and helping softwares, they are only legal if MA endorse them. or clarifies them OK for use. if not one use them on once own risk.

probably alittle touch and go, but uintill MA opens their arms more freely in the ways of what they do allow and such.

Would be sweet beeing able to change the looks on UI aswell and customize it, but uintill MA \ FPC endores such theres not much to do about it really imo.

even the screengrabbers and the ones you have now, i havent looked but im fairly sure very few are clarified "gogo" from MA i THINK.

Would be nice with an own section for the like.

only thing is, even if there are some "third party" programs and helping softwares, they are only legal if MA endorse them. or clarifies them OK for use. if not one use them on once own risk.

probably alittle touch and go, but uintill MA opens their arms more freely in the ways of what they do allow and such.

Would be sweet beeing able to change the looks on UI aswell and customize it, but uintill MA \ FPC endores such theres not much to do about it really imo.

even the screengrabbers and the ones you have now, i havent looked but im fairly sure very few are clarified "gogo" from MA i THINK.

as long as my money is in the game I am a little touchy about third party software aswell:eek:

Not sure bout anyone else but I will NEVER run any 3rd party software while EU is running.... thats just asking for problems at some point.

If I want pictures of a global I am perfectly capable to press the print screen button. I am also not so lazy that I cant tab out for 5 seconds to save it as a jpeg in paint. So no need to use extrenal software written by people I am competeing against. (no offence to the programmers as you do things I can not and I admire that)

Besides running extra prgrams and processes take away from EU performance and resourses for the game now are at a premium.

Back