Anyone else frusturated?

<removed> Had a brief look at it, and while of course it falls short of what an enterprise with a lot more money and manpower can produce, their achievement is commendable. It is not anywhere near being a competitor to Entropia, but it presents proof-of-concept which could evolve into an alternative platform should the desire arise one day.

However, I see no difference in principle, only in scale. Who lives under the idea that Entropia is ever out of development phase? And I don't mean just content. It's like that with anything software.

OP's frustration lies with the fact that company resources are diverted to something else which Entropians had not asked for. I am trying my best to appreciate their goal of adding another leg to their business foundation. But if it means that Entropia falters and loses customers due to ever increasing dissatisfaction, then I have my doubts. They can't let their service slip like that without consequences.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have definately made my last deposit into the game last month. i just wont support this concept any further without seeing improvements. heavy improvements. and i depod at least 15k usd into the game of which alone half of it in the last 6 months. so they definately lost one of the bigger depositors here. and not only me. i know a lot others who think the same and do the same. if they dont try to give their customers at least a little bit of what they want then the game will slowly die out, which it allready does. try selling something like foma with that price again. it wont work. people dont invest that amount of money anymore cos the trust is gone.

Last edited by Serica; Today at 10:05. Reason: Rule 3.7 - naming another game really isn't needed
You're kidding me. It isn't even a commercial product.

Bit whiny but I'd have to agree really. It's not just that we're seeing the responses/involvement now, but also that it's been clear for the last 2 years or so that development on EU and Calypso has been massively scaled back because of prioritising ComPet, which is one of the reasons for the current stagnation of the economy and therefore game (and vice versa as they are completely dependent on one another).

On the positive side I'd have to say that what I've seen of ComPet so far is quite promising in terms of it being a well-made and interesting game, but in the app market that doesn't necessarily translate to popularity. That's down partly to marketing (something that MA are historically bad at) and good fortune.

There's a very good reason why most app developers don't spend two years working on a new product. They churn out as many as they can in a short space of time, because it's all about throwing shit against a wall and hoping some of it sticks.

There's a very strong possibility that they've completely wasted their time (and your money, if you bought ComPet deeds).

maybe once compet is live they can finally figure out how to fix the bugs on that android app for entropia itself, and/or add more functionality to it.

I don't think the android app was developed by MA (according to the google app store the last update was 28/6/2013 btw)

edit: I believe it was one of two companies judging by this linkd in profile

https://www.linkedin.com/in/andré-bosäter-kindwall-2936b847

Chrunchfish AB or Sony Mobile Comms as the two people listed on the VT project worked for both companies. My guess is that MA got them to write it for them but the two people who did the work have since left the company.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crunchfish

Last edited:
Back